Edit History

Harding

Harding

image.png.07a311e8a4267906986513d73d2158fd.pngDeidre O'Ceallaigh Human Artificer 5
image.png.30b924e658ca3da1577a1e996d5a58f6.png

AC: 20 (Splintmail+1 and shield) | HP: 47/47 | Initiative: +1 | Passive Perception: 13 
Spell Slots: 1st 4/4, 2nd 2/2 | Spell Attack: +7 | Spell DC: 15
Misty step: 1 (1xday) | Hex: 1 (1xday) | DM Inspiration: 1/1 | Active infusion: Enhanced defense (splintmail), Duplicate item (bag of holding)

Deidre listened with rapt attention, her quill dancing across the parchment as she diligently recorded each of Question's responses. However, when the automaton's reaction to the moral dilemma inquiry elicited tears, Deidre's eyebrows shot up in surprise. She watched in astonishment as emotion visibly coursed through Question's features, realizing there was far more depth to the automaton than mere calculations and logic. Could it be... empathy?

"It seems there's more to you than meets the eye," Deidre murmured softly, a mixture of curiosity and wonder coloring her tone. "You're not just a construct; you're capable of experiencing genuine emotion."

As Question inquired about her own response to the dilemma, Deidre smiled warmly, touched by the unexpected connection. "Indeed, it seems we share a similar perspective," she replied, her gaze thoughtful. "My master asked me the same question before, and my answer was literally the same. Nobody lost anything in the process, and the wizard was paid, at least, for the ingredient he took. It is unfortunate that his time and expertise was not compensated, but he had it coming with his greed."

When Willowveil offered food to Question, Deidre nodded approvingly, acknowledging the gesture with a respectful nod. The camaraderie among their group was growing stronger with each passing moment.

Eager to share her own knowledge, Deidre gently touched Question's arm, her excitement palpable. "Now, about my armor," she began, her words tumbling out in a rush of enthusiasm. "It's not the armor itself that's magical, but rather the enchantment I've placed upon it."

Leaning in, Deidre explained the intricate process with a blend of expertise and passion. "I inscribe old Dwarvish and Elven runes, along with some of my own markings, to create a conduit between my mana and the suit. This allows the armor to synchronize with my movements and relatively respond to my will."

Her eyes gleaming with excitement, Deidre continued, "I've also imbued the gauntlet with the ability to distort the ambient mana around targets upon striking them, creating a wave of energy akin to thunder. And for defense, the they generate a quantum field which can deflect potential impact and damage by distorting sudden movements towards me."

A smile played on her lips as she concluded, "But that's not all. I can modify the runes to create a stealthy version of the armor, transforming the distorted quantum field into one that force the mana to be stabilized around me, making it sound dampening. In this configuration, there is no possibilities to create quantum distortion, instead, the gauntlet are set to agitate the ambient air to create plasmatic lightning up to a certain distance."

She takes a smug stance, clearly proud to talk about her magical achievement in developing these enchantments ''This is just the mark I of the enchantment so far, barely out of prototype phase to be honest. But it is opening to a whole world of opportunities. Maybe I'll find new ideas while we're traveling or uncover lost lore from the ruins.''

Harding

Harding

image.png.07a311e8a4267906986513d73d2158fd.pngDeidre O'Ceallaigh Human Artificer 5

AC: 20 (Splintmail+1 and shield) | HP: 47/47 | Initiative: +1 | Passive Perception: 13 
Misty step: 1 (1xday) | Hex: 1 (1xday) | DM Inspiration: 1/1 | Active infusion: Enhanced defense (splintmail), Duplicate item (bag of holding)

Deidre listened with rapt attention, her quill dancing across the parchment as she diligently recorded each of Question's responses. However, when the automaton's reaction to the moral dilemma inquiry elicited tears, Deidre's eyebrows shot up in surprise. She watched in astonishment as emotion visibly coursed through Question's features, realizing there was far more depth to the automaton than mere calculations and logic. Could it be... empathy?

"It seems there's more to you than meets the eye," Deidre murmured softly, a mixture of curiosity and wonder coloring her tone. "You're not just a machine; you're capable of experiencing genuine emotion."

As Question inquired about her own response to the dilemma, Deidre smiled warmly, touched by the unexpected connection. "Indeed, it seems we share a similar perspective," she replied, her gaze thoughtful. "My master asked me the same question before, and my answer was literally the same. Nobody lost anything in the process, and the wizard was paid, at least, for the ingredient he took. It is unfortunate that his time and expertise was not compensated, but he had it coming with his greed."

When Willowveil offered food to Question, Deidre nodded approvingly, acknowledging the gesture with a respectful nod. The camaraderie among their group was growing stronger with each passing moment.

Eager to share her own knowledge, Deidre gently touched Question's arm, her excitement palpable. "Now, about my armor," she began, her words tumbling out in a rush of enthusiasm. "It's not the armor itself that's magical, but rather the enchantment I've placed upon it."

Leaning in, Deidre explained the intricate process with a blend of expertise and passion. "I inscribe old Dwarvish and Elven runes, along with some of my own markings, to create a conduit between my mana and the suit. This allows the armor to synchronize with my movements and relatively respond to my will."

Her eyes gleaming with excitement, Deidre continued, "I've also imbued the gauntlet with the ability to distort the ambient mana around targets upon striking them, creating a wave of energy akin to thunder. And for defense, the they generate a quantum field which can deflect potential impact and damage by distorting sudden movements towards me."

A smile played on her lips as she concluded, "But that's not all. I can modify the runes to create a stealthy version of the armor, transforming the distorted quantum field into one that force the mana to be stabilized around me, making it sound dampening. In this configuration, there is no possibilities to create quantum distortion, instead, the gauntlet are set to agitate the ambient air to create plasmatic lightning up to a certain distance."

She takes a smug stance, clearly proud to talk about her magical achievement in developing these enchantments ''This is just the mark I of the enchantment so far, barely out of prototype phase to be honest. But it is opening to a whole world of opportunities. Maybe I'll find new ideas while we're traveling or uncover lost lore from the ruins.''

Harding

Harding

"It seems there's more to you than meets the eye," Deidre murmured softly, a mixture of curiosity and wonder coloring her tone. "You're not just a machine; you're capable of experiencing genuine emotion."

She takes a smug stance, clearly proud to talk about her magical achievement to have created this enchantment ''This is just the mark I of the enchantment so far, barely out of prototype phase to be honest. But it is opening to a whole world of opportunities. Maybe I'll find new ideas while we're traveling or uncover lost lore from the ruins.''