Edit History

Featherscale

Featherscale

An elderly Worker on a slender wheeled prosthesis takes to a microphone.  He wears no hat, indicating he speaks on his own authority under Glic sumptuary traditions.  He wears white, a color none of the attendees have likely seen on a Glix.  The color of mayoralty, an office disbanded outside living memory.

"Welcome, friends, to the Hexenniel!  I am Snimt'Arkhive, Elder Brother of the Glic colony that lives under Queen Constance's suzerainty and the Glic Hive City we are forming here. It is an experiment not tried in over a thousand years!

Tonight I wish to talk about freedom.  For too long, the Arkhive has lives under the control of outsiders, beholden to off-planet interests hostile to Coedd and, in all probability, the Arkhive itself.  We live in a dangerous world, and, even besides sane greed leading to assault, we have seen the tragedy of fanatics and lunatics randomly attacking innocents for mad reasons all too often in recent years.

The more the Arkhive associates with any one bloc, the more that bloc's enemies might begin to question out neutrality, and even feel justified in attacking us.  The Combine and the Llort are very close these days, and both have had many dealings with the Jy'mar.  Given the generous nature of these three policies, the Arkhive might become a catspaw of their alliance...

So, as the former Prime Minister of the Combine and current Elder Brother of the Glic Colony on Aridyin, I ask for the following ammendment:

No Elect, regardless of points earned in the race to become Patron, may become Patron if they were Patron in the current or previous cycle of selection.  In effect, 12 years must pass before any one elect might be eligible after they pass the Patronage off.   They may still submit to the Arkhive and be ranked accordingly."

Featherscale

Featherscale

An elderly Worker on a slender wheeled prosthesis takes to a microphone.  He wears no hat, indicating he speaks on his own authority under Glic sumptuary traditions.  He wears white, a color none of the attendees have likely seen on a Glix.  The color of mayoralty, an office disbanded outside living memory.

"Welcome, friends, to the Hexenniel!  I am Snimt'Arkhive, Elder Brother of the Glic colony that lives under Queen Constance's suzerainty and the Glic Hive City we are forming here. It is an experiment not tried in over a thousand years!

Tonight I wish to talk about freedom.  For too long, the Arkhive has lives under the control of outsiders, beholden to off-planet interests hostile to Coedd and, in all probability, the Arkhive itself.  We live in a dangerous world, and, even besides sane greed leading to assault, we have seen the tragedy of fanatics and lunatics randomly attacking innocents for mad reasons all too often in recent years.

The more the Arkhive associates with any one bloc, the more that bloc's enemies might begin to question out neutrality, and even feel justified in attacking us.  The Combine and the Llort are very close these days, and both have had many dealings with the Jy'mar.  Given the generous nature of these three policies, the Arkhive might become a catspaw of their alliance...

So, as the former Prime Minister of the Combine and current Elder Brother of the Glic Colony on Aridyin, I ask for the following ammendment:

No Elect, regardless of points earned in the race to become Patron, may become Patron if they were Patron in the current or previous cycle of selection.  In effect, 12 years must pass before any one elect might be eligible after they pass the Patronage off.   They may still submit to the Arkhive and be ranked accordingly."