3. Arananth Mistfall
  4. Azanza Mizzrym
  5. Olpentor Magalon
  6. Alliance of Moonsea Cities Members
  7. Corsairs

Threads.

1. Inherit the Power of the Dynastic Traditions
  2. Protect Sulasspryn

Scene Setup. Tengrym attends a fencing lesson with Ara and learns something about his legacy
Altered? Expected Scene

Q. Has the war already touched Sulasspryn in an impactful way? (50/60) Exceptional No — it’s a time of relative peace where the city’s denizens feel they’ve weathered the worst of the storm.

Aspects. Darkness Will Eclipse the Moon for House Drowsbane; The Moonsea War; In the Training Halls Underneath the Palace; Fears What Is To Come (Arananth)

Q. Is Ara sullen and disturbed despite the air of peace? (Very Likely) Yes
Q. Does the game start with an event compel of one of Tengrym’s aspects? (50/50) No

spacer.pngA song of iron rang like Lantanese cymbals. Pale light flooded the door from the narrow stained glass. Two figures were locked in a dance of deadly steel. One was younger, and the other venerable, though the latter’s age was hidden under the timeless facade of elvendom.

The white haired pupil laughed as he tumbled and came up on the opposite side of his counterpart. His energy was wild and abundantly exuberant.

“A fight is a game,” the elder fencing master repeated, and not for the second time, nor for the last, his pupil knew. “However, it is one that is not won by frivolity.”

“Ara, am I not besting you now?” laughed the younger.

Steel skirled again. “By what measure?” answered the latter in a serious tone. “You have scored no touch in the last hour, and you tire yourself while I patiently await your exhaustion.”

Game Notes

Q. How might Tengrym’s Trouble get compelled now? NPC Action (Olpentor Magalon) — Decrease Suffering

spacer.pngThe master began to be uncharacteristically perturbed. Young Tengrym pressed his mentor with a dizzying series of lunges and strikes. Ara easily countered them without stepping out of place. The youth grew hot and flushed. The smile faded, replaced with the grimace of determination, and eventually frustration.

“You would do well to guard your tongue,” Arananth said as he parried another.

“What do you mean?!” Tengrym asked, his voice breaking.

Arananth put him on the floor. Hard. Tengrym found the tip of his mentor’s unwavering blade inches from his nape as he lay prone while his own blade was several feet from his grip. The youth did not even see his master’s maneuver. It was something he had not yet been taught.

“Your tongue was unchecked. Banter is not unlike combat. Your opponent can always use what you loose from your lips against you,” Arananth intoned. “Such was the case with master Magalon at the banquet last night. Your father was most displeased…”

Tengrym flushed deeper. He had been in his cups, and boasting to the old man. Olpentor Magalon was a dignitary from Mulmaster. The two cities vied for control of the Moonsea, and had been in a minor skirmish more than once. But, the two were on even keel, or so Tengrym thought.

“I… I was jesting…” Tengrym defended.

Still, Arananth was above him. “You revealed too much — one, you spoke of the shipbuilding — and two, you spoke of your father in less than tasteful regards. War is brewing.”

Tengrym’s head spun from the implications. The fact that Dergan was displeased left him greatly unsettled. His father was perhaps overindulgent, but he had never before heard a word of chastisement or aspersion.

Arananth offered a hand and pulled the youth to his feet again. He had no words, but the crimson tinge of his face betrayed his thoughts.

“A word of advice,” Arananth said. “Keep your tongue still, or leave the statecraft to wiser heads.”

Game Notes

Tengrym earns a Fate Point based on this compel. His boorishness has cost Sulasspryn. I'll close the introductory scene here and raise the chaos to 6. Next scene will be about Tengrym seeking audience with his father. I'll also add the Thread, "Reduce the damage I have caused"

young_tengrym.png.9bd1d9ec0aafc3240f3ed72be2504622.pngTengrym of House Drowsbane
Ambitious Scion of House DrowsbaneAdolescent Perspective of InvicibilityArdent Pupil of Spell and Sword“I Am the Apple of Dergan’s Eye”“But Why Must I Study Dull Tomes?”
Good (+3) — Atheltics / Fair (+2) — Influence, Melee, Survival / Average (+1) —Beasts, Lore, Marksmanship, Will
Magical Backlash. Dazing Counter. Skilled Hunter. Magical Disciplines — Energy, Sight
Mental [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ] — Physical [ 1 ] [ 2 ] — [ 2 ] Mild. [ 4 ] Moderate. [ 6 ] Severe. — Fate Points: 3

Edited by roryb (see edit history)