Kamishiro_Rin

Kamishiro_Rin

Date

On This Kirinor, the 2nd Day of Yurthgreen,
in the 351st Year After the Cataclysm
(Sunday, March 27, 351 AC)

The 12th Day of the Campaign - About 3:00 PM

• Solinari: 1st Quarter
  • Lunitari: FULL (advantage to cast Illusion and Transmutation spells & disadvantage against such spells)
  • Nuitari: Waning Gibbous

Battle at Steel Springs

Castle Kalaman

Pouring over the map, Coltan asks the aide, "is there an available wagon or mounts to carry us faster or at least get us further without exhausting ourselves?" Whatever the answer, he suggests to his companions, "let's rest and recover ourselves now, and leave as soon as possible. Lunitari is full, so we should have moonlight to guide us. And, I suggest we gear up in dragonarmy uniforms, in case we run into the enemy. I can always deliver some prisoners to their commanders, if you know what I mean."

“I can’t imagine that the local wainwrights and cartwrights have run out! They’re easily found, especially around the city gates. Of course, their cost will vary depending on what you’re looking to purchase . . .” the aide informs Coltan.

Looking over the map, Fairla says, "I agree, Vigdan. A river crossing may be a good place to stop the Dragon Army's advance, but it does seem like an awfully big risk to leave the city without its military. If we are to travel to Steel Springs, I second the notion that a wagon would be best, if we can get one." She shifts her weight to ease the stiffness of legs already sore from hours of walking. "To that end, I do have a horse here in town I can bring." Inwardly, Fairla adds, 'and I'm going to have to pay additional stabling fees if I don't pick her up soon.'

“Oh! Wonderful!” the aide says, smiling. “If you’ve already got a horse, that saves you the trouble of buying one to pull the wagon! I’d warn that if it’s a riding horse or a warhorse, it’s probably not best suited to the job of a draft-horse, though—not that they can’t be used to pull a wagon—well, I suppose the warhorse wouldn’t have any issues, but the riding horse might definitely be at a disadvantage . . .”

Vigdan curses quietly when he hears that Lord Bakaris has left the city. Speaking to Artanis, "I'm no military man, Sir Knight. But I do know how to turn someone's attention when I want them focused somewhere else. Lord Bakaris and those men are meant to hold Kalaman while Marshall Vendri is away to the west. Now they're going to Steel Springs and so are we. The whole thing stinks like a trap if you ask me."

The aide sighs. “Sadly, it most likely is,” he concedes. “Unfortunately for all of us, Lord Bakaris is not only entitled to the rank of Captain, but by law, he is duty-bound and obligated to fill that role. Fortunately, the city is still well defended, but that—well, I shan’t break the law besmirching a noble—that . . . person . . . has taken three whole platoons with him.”

With Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Folketh   On their way out, he greets Lady Michelle with a respectful nod understanding he is not the dwarf with her attention. With a bolt of inspiration, he coughs to politely break into the conversation between Michelle and Modri. "Lady Michelle, would you have some time in the next few hours to train me how to act like a lieutenant in the dragonarmy? I'm thinking to put your old armor to work, and I bet there's a lot that I don't know." He fishes from his pack and shows her the lieutenant insignia that Reorx created for him to install on his armor and his shouldered dragonarmy shield.

“Apprentice of Reorx Coltan, I would be honored to lend my aid!” Lady Michelle say when one of the guards butts in. “I can—”

“Now hold on just a minute!” one of the guards says. “We don’t have time to let this . . .”

Something comes over Lady Michelle and her visage seems to change. That cold commander you met at Vogler’s gates seems to return and she barks in a tone that brooks absolutely no disobedience, “Stand at attention and be silent, you honorless shitbags! You gormless fools dare speak in our presence without being spoken to first!?”

As if possessed by the hand of Takhisis, the two guards seem to automatically stand at attention before they even realize what they’ve done.

“Hold on—” the other guard manages to say before a look from Lady Michelle that probably could cut him in half where he stands shuts him up.

“Now, as I was saying, I can give you a crash course on how the various ranks speak, but even I can’t really tell you much beyond a captain—they’re brass and we don’t interact with them all that much. I must say, though, securing a captain’s insignia and uniform armor—that’s impressive. It’ll be useful, certainly.” She pauses a moment, chewing on her lip before finally adding, “But to be honest, I, personally, would not commit perfidy, but given the nature of the enemy, I’m not entirely sure that they don’t deserve whatever tactic you need to use. The Dragon Queen demands submission or she delivers death . . . I’ll teach you what I can in the time we have.”

"Ahar! Lioness!" Modri matches Michele's enthusiasm and doesn't mind a bit being glomped. As Coltan speaks Modri nods in agreement. "As Coltan says, got some extra armor and uniforms to go around, likely a few of us could use some lessons just in case. But honestly, was a lot less of a fight than we thought. With the help of those three, was one of the easier fights of this conflict. I'm sure that Dragonnel would've been mighty fierce against one or two of us, but not over half-a-dozen capable warriors focusing it down."

“Yes, well,” Lady Michelle admits, “The dragonarmies rely far more on quantity than on quality.”

He points to their likely newest members. "Fairla Sunnybank, Arlo Thistleknot, Vigdan Luchen, this is the Lady Michelle Folketh. I'll let you all say what you feel is worth saying. As to Michelle, we uh... ah heck, I'll just say it. She spent some time with the Red Dragon Army. It's all right now. Now she runs the land we're keeping the refugees at. Ah, which reminds me, don't let me leave without er... providing a donation to the people." In truth, Modri had planned not to give the money he planned to be donated to the refugees to Michelle, not wanting to make a big deal or fuss. However, chances are they wouldn't have time to return to her barony, and what mattered was giving the gold to the people.

At Modri’s offer of a donation, she smiles again, “I’ll make sure that the people of Vogler receive whatever it is you wish to give. Rest assured that they shall be given every last copper piece.”

In the hallway, he bows awkwardly, "My Lady" Listening as Modri recounts her past misdeeds and current duties, he interjects with hesitation, casting a glance at the others. "Well, uh.., I know my past is a little, uh..less than perfect, my lady. But it's what you're doing now that matters. I knew a lot of them folks from Vogler well and it's good that you're taking care of them. If there's anything I can do to help. Money or supplies or whatever, I'd be happy to help." He looks slightly embarrassed at the last.

“Please do not bow to me, Mr. Luchen,” Lady Michelle says with equal, if not more awkwardness. “I do not deserve it. And if anyone here has a past they’re not proud of, it is I. I wish I could take pride in the honor with which I fought in the past, but my fight was poisoned wine—not matter how sweet or what the vintage, it is poisoned nonetheless. For what value can be found in a single ounce of my honor on the battlefield when those battles have done nothing but help Takhisis take over half of Ansalon? Either way, it’s an honor to meet you.”

Back in Kalaman, Arlo feels a little overawed by the palace, which he'd never been allowed in before. His eyes go wide as Lady Michelle introduces himself and then wider still when Modri mentions that she "spent time" with the Red Dragonarmy. "I'm Arlo Thistlenott," he says when she turns her attention to him. "I'm from Kendermore, and I'm looking for my Uncle Trapspringer. Did you know that he once ended up in an ogre's stewpot? He convinced the ogre that Kender taste better when they're in a salad, rather than a stew, and it turned out the ogre didn't like salad, so he let Uncle Trapspringer go. But I'm not sure where he's gone since then. Do you?"

“Ah, Kendermore?” Lady Michelle says, “Well, at the very least, there’s one place whose blood isn’t on my hands. The white and black dragonarmies are the ones that attacked Kendermore. The closest to Goodlund I ever got was some leave I took and ended up in some coastal tribal village in Khur called Ak-Chat. I’m sorry I know nothing of your uncle. It’s lovely to meet you, though, Mr. Thistlenott, and I wish you luck in reuniting with your kin.”

Fairla bows to the noblewoman when introduced. "Lady Michelle, it is an honor to meet you. To host refugees during these times... If there be anything I can do as well to support your work, please just say the word."

“As I told Mr. Vigdan, please don’t bow to me,” Lady Michelle says, reaching out to pull Fairla up, but hesitating. “The honor is all mine. And hosting the refugees of Vogler is only one item on a very long and seemingly never-ending list of things I shall gladly do in penance. The fact that I can host them is a happy coincidence.”

At Lady Michelle's arrival, he greets the former enemy knight warmly with a, "Good to see you again, Lady Michelle!" and his grimace finally shifts into a wide smile as he observes the interactions between her and Modri. He had noticed the dwarf seemed rather fond of her from the get-go... but this was clear confirmation of the fact! He backs up Coltan's idea, stating, "Right, we've gathered enough armor to disguise all of us, actually. Anything you can share that would let us blend in better would be really appreciated, Lady Michelle. Although I don't know how much I can do about my particular shade of skin color or webbed fingers..."

“It’s wonderful to see you, too, Mr. Merituuli!” Lady Michelle smiles. “As for the issue of your skin, you’ll find that Takhisis, evil as she is, is oddly egalitarian with regards to who she lets serve her. As long as one obeys, one is welcome in the dragonarmies. Wherever we went, we absorbed many varied peoples into the dragonarmies and moved on to conquer more. You won’t likely soon meet a sea elf in that accursed uniform, but if you do, be not surprised.”

Statblocks

Kamishiro_Rin

Kamishiro_Rin

On 4/26/2024 at 4:06 AM, JubalBreakbottle said:

On their way out, he greets Lady Michelle with a respectful nod understanding he is not the dwarf with her attention. With a bolt of inspiration, he coughs to politely break into the conversation between Michelle and Modri. "Lady Michelle, would you have some time in the next few hours to train me how to act like a lieutenant in the dragonarmy? I'm thinking to put your old armor to work, and I bet there's a lot that I don't know." He fishes from his pack and shows her the lieutenant insignia that Reorx created for him to install on his armor and his shouldered dragonarmy shield.

sfsfsdfsd

On 4/26/2024 at 9:18 AM, Peacemonger said:

"Ahar! Lioness!" Modri matches Michele's enthusiasm and doesn't mind a bit being glomped. As Coltan speaks Modri nods in agreement. "As Coltan says, got some extra armor and uniforms to go around, likely a few of us could use some lessons just in case. But honestly, was a lot less of a fight than we thought. With the help of those three, was one of the easier fights of this conflict. I'm sure that Dragonnel would've been mighty fierce against one or two of us, but not over half-a-dozen capable warriors focusing it down."

sdfsfsdf

He points to their likely newest members. "Fairla Sunnybank, Arlo Thistleknot, Vigdan Luchen, this is the Lady Michelle Folketh. I'll let you all say what you feel is worth saying. As to Michelle, we uh... ah heck, I'll just say it. She spent some time with the Red Dragon Army. It's all right now. Now she runs the land we're keeping the refugees at. Ah, which reminds me, don't let me leave without er... providing a donation to the people." In truth, Modri had planned not to give the money he planned to be donated to the refugees to Michelle, not wanting to make a big deal or fuss. However, chances are they wouldn't have time to return to her barony, and what mattered was giving the gold to the people.

sfsfsdfsd

On 4/27/2024 at 1:16 AM, RagallachMC said:

In the hallway, he bows awkwardly, "My Lady" Listening as Modri recounts her past misdeeds and current duties, he interjects with hesitation, casting a glance at the others. "Well, uh.., I know my past is a little, uh..less than perfect, my lady. But it's what you're doing now that matters. I knew a lot of them folks from Vogler well and it's good that you're taking care of them. If there's anything I can do to help. Money or supplies or whatever, I'd be happy to help." He looks slightly embarrassed at the last.

sfsfsdfsd

On 4/27/2024 at 2:22 AM, codexgigas said:

Back in Kalaman, Arlo feels a little overawed by the palace, which he'd never been allowed in before. His eyes go wide as Lady Michelle introduces himself and then wider still when Modri mentions that she "spent time" with the Red Dragonarmy. "I'm Arlo Thistlenott," he says when she turns her attention to him. "I'm from Kendermore, and I'm looking for my Uncle Trapspringer. Did you know that he once ended up in an ogre's stewpot? He convinced the ogre that Kender taste better when they're in a salad, rather than a stew, and it turned out the ogre didn't like salad, so he let Uncle Trapspringer go. But I'm not sure where he's gone since then. Do you?"

sfsfsdfsd

16 hours ago, morgan_ said:

Fairla bows to the noblewoman when introduced. "Lady Michelle, it is an honor to meet you. To host refugees during these times... If there be anything I can do as well to support your work, please just say the word."

Date

• Lunitari: FULL (advantage to cast Illusion and Transmutation spells & disadvantage against such spells)

Battle at Steel Springs

Castle Kalaman

Pouring over the map, Coltan asks the aide, "is there an available wagon or mounts to carry us faster or at least get us further without exhausting ourselves?" Whatever the answer, he suggests to his companions, "let's rest and recover ourselves now, and leave as soon as possible. Lunitari is full, so we should have moonlight to guide us. And, I suggest we gear up in dragonarmy uniforms, in case we run into the enemy. I can always deliver some prisoners to their commanders, if you know what I mean."

“I can’t imagine that the local wainwrights and cartwrights have run out! They’re easily found, especially around the city gates. Of course, their cost will vary depending on what you’re looking to purchase . . .” the aide informs Coltan.

Looking over the map, Fairla says, "I agree, Vigdan. A river crossing may be a good place to stop the Dragon Army's advance, but it does seem like an awfully big risk to leave the city without its military. If we are to travel to Steel Springs, I second the notion that a wagon would be best, if we can get one." She shifts her weight to ease the stiffness of legs already sore from hours of walking. "To that end, I do have a horse here in town I can bring." Inwardly, Fairla adds, 'and I'm going to have to pay additional stabling fees if I don't pick her up soon.'

“Oh! Wonderful!” the aide says, smiling. “If you’ve already got a horse, that saves you the trouble of buying one to pull the wagon! I’d warn that if it’s a riding horse or a warhorse, it’s probably not best suited to the job of a draft-horse, though—not that they can’t be used to pull a wagon—well, I suppose the warhorse wouldn’t have any issues, but the riding horse might definitely be at a disadvantage . . .”

Vigdan curses quietly when he hears that Lord Bakaris has left the city. Speaking to Artanis, "I'm no military man, Sir Knight. But I do know how to turn someone's attention when I want them focused somewhere else. Lord Bakaris and those men are meant to hold Kalaman while Marshall Vendri is away to the west. Now they're going to Steel Springs and so are we. The whole thing stinks like a trap if you ask me."

The aide sighs. “Sadly, it most likely is,” he concedes. “Unfortunately for all of us, Lord Bakaris is not only entitled to the rank of Captain, but by law, he is duty-bound and obligated to fill that role. Fortunately, the city is still well defended, but that—well, I shan’t break the law besmirching a noble—that . . . person . . . has taken three whole platoons with him.”

The aide in Marshal Vendri’s office does at least lead you over to a table where a very large map is glued to the surface. She hands you a parchment, some ink, and a quill and shows you where Steel Springs is. She points out the most efficient route.

That’s when it sets in. The journey is 30 miles!

You just spent the last 8 hours traveling 24 miles. If you don’t take a long rest, you’ll be taking levels of exhaustion.

On your way out, as you make your way through a hallway one level down to get to the main staircase, behind you, you all hear a familiar woman’s voice shout, “Modri!” followed by two men’s voices of “Miss! Come back here!” and “You dare run!?”

Before Modri can barely turn around, he’s veritably glomped by Lady Michelle—and despite her size, the strength of the knight she used to be is still definitely present. “Modri! You’re back!”

She’s dressed very nicely—a dress that a former colleague of yours bought for her. “I was just turning in some paperwork—mounds of it, really—”

“Miss! You’re coming with us!”

“Oh, do shut up and know your place!!” Lady Michelle says, turning to the guards and giving them guards a death-glare that means she means business. They back off but keep their hands on the hilts of their swords, grumbling about ‘entitled nobility’.

Lady Michelle’s death-glare instantly melts and turns into a bright, happy smile when she turns back to Modri. She gives him a much more civil hug, welcoming him ‘home’, so to speak. “I knew you’d come back to me! Let me look at you! Oh, my! That shield! How impressive! If I weren’t mistaken, I’d say those are the scales of a dragonelle—you must have met a captain or higher! How exciting! You killed them, right? You ground them into the dus—ahem . . . I mean, you vanquished your dishonorable foe! You simply must to tell me all about it!”

She backs off and looks him up and down, making sure he’s not injured. Satisfied, she turns to the rest of the party. “Sir Artanis,” she says, giving him a curtsy, “Ms. Hunni, Mr. Merituuli, Apprentice Coltan, I’m glad to see you all safe and returned to us as well. I don’t believe I’ve met your friends . . .”

Map

image.png.48d4978e8f364ab3d3ae103af1c29f89.png
Steel Springs is a crossing 30 miles west of Kalaman

Wyhan’s

Wyhan   When Hunni checks in with Wyhan about her membership in the Mages of High Sorcery, Wyhan informs you that her contacts have not gotten back to her, yet, and that she will send you a message as soon as word arrives.

As for Arlo, she raises an eyebrow at the idea that he’s been denied permission to join. “Great changes are in motion,” she says, “and those that cling to incorrect beliefs and ‘rules’ do not only themselves a disservice, but perhaps doom us all. If you are interested in membership, I shall ensure you are tested just the same as any other. Pass the test—if you can—and any who refuse your membership shall find themselves . . . disciplined. Their appeals to ‘rules’ shall not so much fall upon deaf ears, as . . . fall dead at the feet of those who really rule.”

“We cannot afford to discriminate—especially in light of the current climate—than we could afford to let some half-cocked human wizard walk around casting spells willy-nilly without membership. Kender you might be, but a mage you are nonetheless. Refusing you membership is tacit permission for you to perform magic without the yoke of rules that weighs upon all of us.”

“. . . Just to be sure, kender, I did not drop, lose, or discard anything in this shop, so for your own sake, make sure that you didn’t accidentally . . . ‘find’ . . . anything of mine you haven’t paid for. Now, if neither of you wants to buy anything, stop wasting my time and get out.”

Wyhan is, if nothing else, a snooty and condescending asshole.

As Arlo begins walking out the door, he finds himself unable to leave. An object in the breast pocket of his vest seems to be immovable past the lintel. He turns around to find Wyhan’s amused, if cold visage staring him down.
   Rolling her eyes, she snaps her fingers and a potion vial full of a shimmering blue, effervescent liquid flies up, out of his pocket. It rockets back towards a display table; and just when you think it will explode upon impact, it instead dexterously whips up and settles gently back down to where it originally was.
   “Off you go,” she says, making a shooing motion. Both Arlo and Hunni find some unseen force seemingly pick them up and deposit them outside her shop and the door shut behind them.

Statblocks

image.png

Kamishiro_Rin

Kamishiro_Rin

sfsfsdfsd

sfsfsdfsd

sfsfsdfsd

On their way out, he greets Lady Michelle with a respectful nod understanding he is not the dwarf with her attention. With a bolt of inspiration, he coughs to politely break into the conversation between Michelle and Modri. "Lady Michelle, would you have some time in the next few hours to train me how to act like a lieutenant in the dragonarmy? I'm thinking to put your old armor to work, and I bet there's a lot that I don't know." He fishes from his pack and shows her the lieutenant insignia that Reorx created for him to install on his armor and his shouldered dragonarmy shield.

sfsfsdfsd

sdfsfsdf

sfsfsdfsd

sfsfsdfsd

On 4/27/2024 at 2:22 AM, codexgigas said:

sfsfsdfsd

Date

Battle at Steel Springs

Castle Kalaman

You set off bright and early in the morning on the 12th day of the campaign (2nd day of Yurthgreen)—about an hour after sunrise. The walk back to Kalaman is 24 miles—eight hours at a normal pace, getting you back to Kalaman around 3 hours after noon.

The trip from Wheelwatch back to Kalaman is uneventful. On your return to Castle Kalaman, Merituuli notices that the castle is unusually quiet. When you all report to Marshal Vendri’s office, an aide informs you that the marshal is away from Kalaman and shares the following facts:

• After the characters left Kalaman, the city council got word that a contingent of Dragon Army troops had broken away from the larger force.
  • Tired of measured steps, members of Kalaman’s leadership—spurred by Lord Bakaris—demanded Kalaman’s military ride out to seize a victory.
  • With Marshal Vendri away leading troops further west, Governor Miat approved the strike.
  • Lord Bakaris and his son are leading the attack. Darrett is serving under them.
  • They plan to ambush the Red Dragon Army near a crossing of the Inkwater called Steel Springs, thirty miles west of Kalaman.

The aide knows nothing more, but before the characters leave, the aide discreetly slips them a sealed note signed by Darrett that reads as follows:

Note from Darrett

Come at once. Bakaris is leading us to ruin at Steel Springs. He’s the commander of this mission, and I can’t disobey. I’ll do what I can, but I need your help.

—Darrett

If you all seek out Governor Miat, he’s busy conducting other business with the city’s guild leaders and won’t be available for hours. Even if you do end up finding him, he isn’t a military leader; he doesn’t understand your concern, and can do little now that the troops have already been sent.

OOC

As this is technically the beginning of the next chapter section, I’ve copied it over from the previous thread.

Dame Michelle Folketh    The aide in Marshal Vendri’s office does at least lead you over to a table where a very large map is glued to the surface. She hands you a parchment, some ink, and a quill and shows you where Steel Springs is. She points out the most efficient route.

That’s when it sets in. The journey is 30 miles!

You just spent the last 8 hours traveling 24 miles. If you don’t take a long rest, you’ll be taking levels of exhaustion.

On your way out, as you make your way through a hallway one level down to get to the main staircase, behind you, you all hear a familiar woman’s voice shout, “Modri!” followed by two men’s voices of “Miss! Come back here!” and “You dare run!?”

Before Modri can barely turn around, he’s veritably glomped by Lady Michelle—and despite her size, the strength of the knight she used to be is still definitely present. “Modri! You’re back!”

She’s dressed very nicely—a dress that a former colleague of yours bought for her. “I was just turning in some paperwork—mounds of it, really—”

“Miss! You’re coming with us!”

“Oh, do shut up and know your place!!” Lady Michelle says, turning to the guards and giving them guards a death-glare that means she means business. They back off but keep their hands on the hilts of their swords, grumbling about ‘entitled nobility’.

Lady Michelle’s death-glare instantly melts and turns into a bright, happy smile when she turns back to Modri. She gives him a much more civil hug, welcoming him ‘home’, so to speak. “I knew you’d come back to me! Let me look at you! Oh, my! That shield! How impressive! If I weren’t mistaken, I’d say those are the scales of a dragonelle—you must have met a captain or higher! How exciting! You killed them, right? You ground them into the dus—ahem . . . I mean, you vanquished your dishonorable foe! You simply must to tell me all about it!”

She backs off and looks him up and down, making sure he’s not injured. Satisfied, she turns to the rest of the party. “Sir Artanis,” she says, giving him a curtsy, “Ms. Hunni, Mr. Merituuli, Apprentice Coltan, I’m glad to see you all safe and returned to us as well. I don’t believe I’ve met your friends . . .”

Map

image.png.48d4978e8f364ab3d3ae103af1c29f89.png
Steel Springs is a crossing 30 miles west of Kalaman

Wyhan’s

Wyhan   When Hunni checks in with Wyhan about her membership in the Mages of High Sorcery, Wyhan informs you that her contacts have not gotten back to her, yet, and that she will send you a message as soon as word arrives.

As for Arlo, she raises an eyebrow at the idea that he’s been denied permission to join. “Great changes are in motion,” she says, “and those that cling to incorrect beliefs and ‘rules’ do not only themselves a disservice, but perhaps doom us all. If you are interested in membership, I shall ensure you are tested just the same as any other. Pass the test—if you can—and any who refuse your membership shall find themselves . . . disciplined. Their appeals to ‘rules’ shall not so much fall upon deaf ears, as . . . fall dead at the feet of those who really rule.”

“We cannot afford to discriminate—especially in light of the current climate—than we could afford to let some half-cocked human wizard walk around casting spells willy-nilly without membership. Kender you might be, but a mage you are nonetheless. Refusing you membership is tacit permission for you to perform magic without the yoke of rules that weighs upon all of us.”

“. . . Just to be sure, kender, I did not drop, lose, or discard anything in this shop, so for your own sake, make sure that you didn’t accidentally . . . ‘find’ . . . anything of mine you haven’t paid for. Now, if neither of you wants to buy anything, stop wasting my time and get out.”

Wyhan is, if nothing else, a snooty and condescending asshole.

As Arlo begins walking out the door, he finds himself unable to leave. An object in the breast pocket of his vest seems to be immovable past the lintel. He turns around to find Wyhan’s amused, if cold visage staring him down.
   Rolling her eyes, she snaps her fingers and a potion vial full of a shimmering blue, effervescent liquid flies up, out of his pocket. It rockets back towards a display table; and just when you think it will explode upon impact, it instead dexterously whips up and settles gently back down to where it originally was.
   “Off you go,” she says, making a shooing motion. Both Arlo and Hunni find some unseen force seemingly pick them up and deposit them outside her shop and the door shut behind them.

Statblocks