Edit History

image.png.f43e797dc98446c97baef5b972307405.pngArtanis Brightblade

Human Knight of Solamnia 

AC: 21 (Plate, Shield +1) | HP: 38/38 (0 THP) | HD: 5/5 | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 13, Investigation 9
Str: 18 (+4) | Dex: 8 (–1) | Con: 13 (+1) | Int: 8 (-1) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 16 (+3)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Solamnic

DR3 vs nonmagical bludgeoning, slashing, piercing. Brooch of Shielding. Force all attacks targeted at mount to target Artanis instead. Mount has Evasion

My words,  | My thoughts,’  | My actions . . .

Artanis nods in reply, understanding Vigdan's concern for his family and happy to let the matter largely lie. "I'm sure it won't come to that," he reassures the man on the walk to the wainwrights, "Kalaman's a lot bigger than Vogler, and it's got walls and a proper army to boot. Now we know about these armies we'll be able to see them off." It's clear from his tone that Artanis has a complete - and perhaps naïve - faith in the Solomon Order, and inevitable triumph of good over evil.

When they find their way to the wagons Artanis is happy to follow recommendations on the purchase, offering a quick once over of them to check for the correct number of wheels and axles, but somewhat out of his comfort zone. He trusts the general populous won't be angling to do their defenders wrong, and if any calamity does befall them he has equal faith in the Apprentice of Reorx' ability to fox a common cart. Besides, most have already been claimed for the army and beggars can't be choosers. Having handed over the gold for two wagons, he takes much more time assessing the variety of draft horses - checking teeth, hooves and coat for general health. Eventually he settles on a pair of black and white Shires, both seeming sturdy and dependable, apparently named Rosie and Jim. With conflict on the horizon several of the older farmers around the city had decided now was the right time to sell up and retire - having seen what they had on the road south Artanis could hardly blame them. He gave both a quick brush down to familiarise them, then hitched up both with a trailing rope of Billings. He stocked both wagons with feed for all four horses to last the next fortnight, and turned to the quiet scout. "Thanks for the help Vigdan - if you'd be happy to drive one out to the city wall I'll be able to take both from there over to the Folketh Estate and grab Tiergan - and give you chance to see your family."

Meeting up

Artanis pulls up in convoy atop Tiergan and leading Billings alongside, having persuaded two ex Voglerites to man the wagons back from the estate. Given they'd been headed back into the city proper that evening anyway, it hadn't taken much to offer they ride instead of walk. He declines one for politeness, then accepts money from Modri and Fairla (along with anyone else offering). "I've oats and hay for the horses," he shares, "but not secured food for us yet, or whatever else supplies we might need. Perhaps we take the rest of the evening to properly prepare and aim to leave first light? Did you manage to sort everything out at the castle?"

OOC

Action: Buying two wagons (2*35gp), two horses (2*50gp), and a fortnight's worth of feed (4*14*0.05gp) = roughly 173gp, less 50gp from Modri, and 21.5gp from Fairla = 101.5gp from Artanis' pocket at present.

Bonus Action: 

Movement: 

Reaction: 

Object Interaction: 

Mount Action: 

Mount Movement: 

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Longsword (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (1d8 + 6) slashing damage. Versatile damage: 9 (1d10 + 4) slashing damage.

Javelin (range, thrown) [0]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d6 + 4) piercing damage.

RDA Javelin (range, thrown) [12]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d6 + 4) piercing damage, 1d4 fire damage.

Lance (special). Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 12 (1d12 + 6) piercing damage, 1d4 Fire damage.

Battlefield Presence.

Bonus Actions:

Rallying Mark

Urgent Orders  

Helpful Word

Commanding Rally 3/3 (Long Rest)

Class Features:

Precise Strike. 3/3 (Long Rest)

Leadership Dice (d6). 5/5 (Short Rest, 1/turn)

Lead the Charge. When you roll initiative you gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier + your proficiency bonus (6 THP).

image.png.f43e797dc98446c97baef5b972307405.pngArtanis Brightblade

Human Knight of Solamnia 

AC: 21 (Plate, Shield +1) | HP: 38/38 (0 THP) | HD: 5/5 | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: passive Perception 11, Insight 13, Investigation 9
Str: 18 (+4) | Dex: 8 (–1) | Con: 13 (+1) | Int: 8 (-1) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 16 (+3)
Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Solamnic

DR3 vs nonmagical bludgeoning, slashing, piercing. Brooch of Shielding. Force all attacks targeted at mount to target Artanis instead. Mount has Evasion

My words,  | My thoughts,’  | My actions . . .

Artanis nods in reply, understanding Vigdan's concern for his family and happy to let the matter largely lie. "I'm sure it won't come to that," he reassures the man on the walk to the wainwrights, "Kalaman's a lot bigger than Vogler, and it's got walls and a proper army to boot. Now we know about these armies we'll be able to see them off." It's clear from his tone that Artanis has a complete - and perhaps naïve - faith in the Solomon Order, and inevitable triumph of good over evil.

When they find their way to the wagons Artanis is happy to follow recommendations on the purchase, offering a quick once over of them to check for the correct number of wheels and axles, but somewhat out of his comfort zone. He trusts the general populous won't be angling to do their defenders wrong, and if any calamity does befall them he has equal faith in the Apprentice of Reorx' ability to fox a common cart. Besides, most have already been claimed for the army and beggars can't be choosers. Having handed over the gold for two wagons, he takes much more time assessing the variety of draft horses - checking teeth, hooves and coat for general health. Eventually he settles on a pair of black and white Shires, both seeming sturdy and dependable, apparently named Rosie and Jim. With conflict on the horizon several of the older farmers around the city had decided now was the right time to sell up and retire - having seen what they had on the road south Artanis could hardly blame them. He gave both a quick brush down to familiarise them, then hitched up both with a trailing rope of Billings. He stocked both wagons with feed for all four horses to last the next fortnight, and turned to the quiet scout. "Thanks for the help Vigdan - if you'd be happy to drive one out to the city wall I'll be able to take both from there over to the Folketh Estate and grab Tiergan - and give you chance to see your family."

OOC

Action: Buying two wagons (2*35gp), two horses (2*50gp), and a fortnight's worth of feed (4*14*0.05gp) = roughly 173gp

Bonus Action: 

Movement: 

Reaction: 

Object Interaction: 

Mount Action: 

Mount Movement: 

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Longsword (versatile). Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (1d8 + 6) slashing damage. Versatile damage: 9 (1d10 + 4) slashing damage.

Javelin (range, thrown) [0]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d6 + 4) piercing damage.

RDA Javelin (range, thrown) [12]. Thrown Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, ranged 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d6 + 4) piercing damage, 1d4 fire damage.

Lance (special). Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 12 (1d12 + 6) piercing damage, 1d4 Fire damage.

Battlefield Presence.

Bonus Actions:

Rallying Mark

Urgent Orders  

Helpful Word

Commanding Rally 3/3 (Long Rest)

Class Features:

Precise Strike. 3/3 (Long Rest)

Leadership Dice (d6). 5/5 (Short Rest, 1/turn)

Lead the Charge. When you roll initiative you gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier + your proficiency bonus (6 THP).