Sergei "Serj" Stepanov aka FLEX aka ManGodLegend

Sergei "SERJ" Stepanov
Archetype: Social Influencer PC Anchor: ?
Key Att/Skill: Empathy/Leadership NPC Anchor: ?
Drive: Life is too short Issues: Reputation

Strength Agility Wits Empathy
3 2 3 5

Close Combat 1 Mobility 2 Scout 1 Medicine 0
Endure 1 Ranged Combat 1 Survival 1 Manipulation 0
Force 1 Stealth 1 Tech 0 Leadership 3

TALENTS HEALTH
AplombTalent: Aplomb
You can use Leadership to inspire yourself.
*Prerequisite*: You have inspired yourself through adversity and uncertainty.

a·plomb
/əˈpläm,əˈpləm/
noun: aplomb
self-confidence or assurance, especially when in a demanding situation.
"Sergei passed the test with aplomb."
3. Unharmed
  2. Bruised [ ]
  1. Battered [ ]
  0. Broken [ ]
  Critical Injuries

Stress Experience Encumbrance
0 0 5

Weapons Bonus Damage Rounds Range
Harpoon +2 2 1 (3) short

Armour Protection Penalty

SERJportrait.png.b9d7984bf8a1c5eb9f2427596d9bbbec.png
[Sergei "SERJ" Stepanov]

Sergei "SERJ" Stepanov, at 20 years old, stands tall at 6'2" (188cm) with a well-built physique weighing 185 lbs (83.9 kg). His birthday falls on January 29, and he proudly claims American nationality and Ruska Roma ethnicity.

SERJ's journey from a skinny teenager to a recognized celebrity male model is evident in his dedication to fitness. Regularly hitting the gym six times a week, he focuses on compound exercises like deadlifts, squats, and bench presses to sculpt his muscular frame. His commitment to a plant-based diet fuels his workouts, providing him with the energy and nutrients needed for optimal performance.

With over 10 million Instagram followers, SERJ's chiseled physique and excellent abdominal definition showcase his dedication to maintaining very low body fat. His transformation serves as a testament to his hard work, discipline, and commitment to living a healthy lifestyle.

GEAR
Slot 1 Slot 2 Slot 3 Slot 4 Slot 5 Bonus
Flying drone         +2 Scout

Walkie talkies       +1 Leadership
    Harpoon     +2 Mobility
    with      
    Rope (10 meters)      

Stored Items Location

TINY ITEMS
Canned goods, tomato soup (one ration)

Vehicle Maneuverability Damage Hull Armour

Background

Sergei "SERJ" Stepanov's life began amidst opulence and privilege, nestled in the bosom of a wealthy Russian aristocratic family. His father, a renowned businessman, wielded power and influence in the high echelons of society. However, this life of luxury would soon be shattered by the ruthless hand of fate.

When Sergei was just a young boy, his family fell afoul of the insidious grip of the Russian mafia. In a chilling act of retribution or perhaps a twisted message to other potential dissenters, his entire family was brutally murdered, leaving Sergei as the sole survivor. But his suffering was far from over.

Deemed as a valuable commodity by the Ruska Roma, Sergei was thrust into the dark underworld of human trafficking. Stripped of his autonomy and subjected to unspeakable horrors, his childhood was a harrowing ordeal of exploitation and abuse. Yet, even in the depths of despair, Sergei displayed remarkable resilience and compassion.

Despite the constant threat to his own safety, Sergei became a beacon of hope for others ensnared in the clutches of human traffickers. Through cunning and resourcefulness, he orchestrated daring escapes, risking life and limb to rescue those trapped in the same nightmarish existence he endured.

A voracious autodidact, Sergei devoured knowledge voraciously, teaching himself a myriad of skills through sheer determination and keen observation. His intellect and ingenuity became his greatest assets, enabling him to navigate the treacherous waters of his tumultuous upbringing.

It was during one of his darkest moments that Sergei's life took an unexpected turn. Scouted by the prestigious American modeling agency "Elysium Elite," Sergei was thrust into the glittering world of fame and glamour. However, the facade of glitz and glamour masked a sinister reality.

As a child star, Sergei once again found himself ensnared in a web of exploitation and manipulation. Forced to sacrifice his innocence at the altar of fame, he endured grueling hours and endured unspeakable indignities at the hands of those who saw him only as a commodity to be exploited.

Yet, amidst the chaos and despair, Sergei remained steadfast in his resolve to help others. His acts of selflessness and bravery did not go unnoticed, and soon, whispers of his heroism began to spread like wildfire. Firsthand witnesses came forward, shining a light on Sergei's unwavering courage in the face of adversity.

Despite the newfound fame and fortune that accompanied his rise to stardom, Sergei remained humble and grounded. He used his platform to shed light on the plight of the oppressed, traveling extensively to give talks and offer counsel to those in need.

Sergei "SERJ" Stepanov's journey is one of triumph over unimaginable adversity, a testament to the indomitable human spirit and the power of compassion to overcome even the darkest of shadows.

SOCIAL INFLUENCER

"The zombie outbreak wasn't just another piece of content for me—it was a gripping narrative that tested the limits of my storytelling skills. Amidst the chaos and terror, I saw an opportunity to connect with my audience on a deeper level, to share a harrowing tale of survival and resilience.

As a social influencer, I felt a responsibility to not only entertain but also to inspire and uplift. My account of the outbreak wasn't just about garnering likes and followers—it was about using my platform to shed light on the strength of the human spirit in the face of adversity. Through my posts and videos, I aimed to foster a sense of community and solidarity, reminding my audience that even in the darkest of times, we can find hope and courage within ourselves."

KEY ATTRIBUTE: Empathy
KEY SKILL: Leadership
TALENTS: AplombTalent: Aplomb
You can use Leadership to inspire yourself.
*Prerequisite*: You have inspired yourself through adversity and uncertainty.

a·plomb
/əˈpläm,əˈpləm/
noun: aplomb
self-confidence or assurance, especially when in a demanding situation.
"Sergei passed the test with aplomb."
Shepherd, Preacher

Choose among the suggestions below or make one up yourself.

ISSUE

• Avoid harming humans and animals
  • Hypocrite
DRIVE

• Justice and redemption
  • Life is too short
  • Survivor's guilt

GEAR
Roll a D6 three times.

1. Harpoon gun with rope (10 meters) (+2 Mobility)
  2. Shillelagh (staff) (+1 Mobility)
  3. Walkie talkies (+1 Leadership)
  4. Flying drone with night vision (+2 Scout)
  5. Ghillie suit (+2 Stealth in one environment type)
  6. Dog (+2 Close Combat)

RELATIONSHIP TO OTHER CHARACTERS

• I am curious about them
  • They worship me
  • We all matter

Edited by sxeBUDDHA (see edit history)
Name
**GEAR:** Roll a D6 three times
repeat(repeat(1d6,2),3) 4,1,3,2,3,5

1 hour ago, JagrHunter said:

What are you going to do without batteries or a way to recharge?

For the flying drone with night vision? Walkie talkies? I'll leave it up to the GM/ST to decide what is needed to make a fun, compelling, and collaborative storytelling experience.

I'd be just excited to be chosen to join an active PbP. I belong to 5 free PbP that post once a week if at all. I had gotten to the point where I pay 1 PbP monthly which I'm grateful am to post everyday. Unfortunately, I'm the only 1 in that game since many players may not be keen to join. 3 more openings.

I have a erratic schedule and currently PbP are very convenient to get my TTRPG fix. I may have 1 live online game starting in about 2 weeks. Fingers crossed I am one of the lucky ones that get chosen to play.

The Man, the God, the Legend. I have to admit, I didn't know what to think on Serj initially, especially regarding the tone of the Walking Dead in general, but overall I'm pretty entertained on the idea of a social media model flexing his washboard abs and mewing at the undead right before that jawline gets chomped on 🤣. More seriously though, this is a very unique and interesting concept that I honestly didn't expect to see!

Backstory wise, Serj definitely does has more than a fair share of traumatic experiences and hell in his life. After being objectified as a commodity and resource for others, he copes with it in a fairly complex way (if portraying himself as a social media male model and child model wasn't a bit too much on the nose regarding that). How else does he reconcile his experiences today with the stresses of surviving day to day? How does he feel about made modeldom and being objectified once again inwardly?

Escaping and orchestrating escapes from human trafficking rings is incredibly ballsy and takes a lot of inner courage - how did a lot of the stresses with escape and grim circumstances have an effect on Serj overall? How does it come back to bite (pun not intended) him now given that society has crashed and the dead are walking around? Is he worried (or looking forward to) people recognizing him since he had 10M followers?

Mechanically things are okay, I don't know how I feel about Aplomb's mechanical condition or narrative prerequisite (or lack of one generally, since the prerequisite is mechanical) and especially on the Gear. How would he have access to a large portion of these things and what makes them so unique to guarantee those mechanical bonuses? Harpoon guns serving as a weapon AND gear to give bonuses for general use? I'm iffy on both the precedent of and allowing items like that during initial creation. I mean, sure - Harpoon guns or even flamethrowers are easy to buy since they're not regulated in the U.S., and drones were around but they certainly weren't mainstream or mass produced at least until 2015. I'd like a bit more explanation on how the gear fits in to the Archetype?

Edited by Essence (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Serj's life journey is a testament to his versatility and resilience in the face of adversity. Through hardship and trauma, he has proven his mettle, refusing to be a victim and instead embracing the value of freedom and the preciousness of life. Serj's experiences have steeled his mind, instilling in him a determination not to succumb to the chaos and darkness of the world around him. He knows that while the world may devolve into turmoil, he will remain steadfast in his true self, drawing strength from his selflessness and ability to forgive.

As a social influencer, Serj recognizes the perpetual nature of learning and the power of communication in leadership. He leads by example, learning from others' failures and adopting their wisdom to better navigate the challenges of survival. Serj's collection of oddities reflects his strategic mindset as a good leader, foresight, gathering items that can prove useful for the survival and well-being of his community. Before 2010, as a young social influencer and content creator, Serj's journey led him to acquire various equipment through a combination of resourcefulness, necessity, and opportunistic encounters:

1. Walkie Talkies: These devices facilitate reliable communication within the group, allowing Serj to coordinate movements, relay important information, and respond swiftly to emergencies, enhancing overall situational awareness and coordination.

Personal context: Serj stumbled upon a pair of walkie-talkies while exploring an abandoned building for a photoshoot location. Recognizing their potential for communication in remote or hazardous environments, he eagerly added them to his gear arsenal, envisioning their utility in coordinating with his team during outdoor adventures or off-grid excursions.

2. Flying Drone with Night Vision: The drone provides aerial reconnaissance capabilities, scouting ahead for potential threats or resources, and offering a bird's-eye view of the surrounding area, helping Serj identify safe paths, locate food and water sources, and keep tabs on the movements of zombies or hostile survivors.

Personal context: Serj's interest in aerial photography led him to invest in a flying drone with night vision capabilities after saving up from his early social media endorsements and collaborations. He saw the drone as a game-changer for capturing breathtaking footage and scouting remote locations for his content, enhancing the visual storytelling aspect of his online presence.

3. Harpoon with Rope: The harpoon can be used for hunting and fishing, providing a sustainable source of food for the community. Additionally, the attached rope can serve multiple purposes, such as securing supplies, creating makeshift traps, or aiding in rescue operations.

Personal context: Serj's fascination with maritime history and adventure stories inspired him to acquire a harpoon and rope set from a vintage nautical-themed shop during a visit to a coastal town. While initially drawn to its aesthetic appeal, he soon recognized its practical utility for survival scenarios, envisioning its use for fishing, securing supplies, or even as a makeshift tool for rescue operations.

4. Ghillie Suit: The ghillie suit offers camouflage in natural environments, allowing Serj or designated scouts to blend seamlessly into their surroundings during reconnaissance missions or stealth operations, minimizing the risk of detection by zombies or hostile groups.

Personal context: Serj's passion for immersive storytelling and outdoor exploration led him to acquire a ghillie suit after discovering its effectiveness in camouflage and concealment during wildlife photography expeditions. Intrigued by its potential for enhancing his content creation endeavors, he invested in a high-quality suit, envisioning its use in capturing unique and authentic perspectives in natural environments.

5. Dog: A well-trained dog can serve as a loyal companion and valuable asset in the post-apocalyptic world. Dogs have keen senses, making them effective watchdogs, scouts, and even hunters, providing additional security and companionship for the community.

Personal context: Serj's journey as a social influencer brought him into contact with a stray dog during a photoshoot in a rural area. Moved by the dog's loyalty and resilience, he formed a bond with the canine companion, ultimately adopting it as a faithful partner in his outdoor adventures and a beloved member of his content creation team.

6. Shillelagh (Walking Stick): While seemingly mundane, the shillelagh can be a versatile tool for self-defense, providing Serj with a lightweight and discreet means of warding off attackers or zombies at close range. Additionally, it can assist in traversing rough terrain or fending off wild animals during outdoor excursions.

Personal context: During a hiking expedition in the wilderness, Serj stumbled upon a sturdy branch that caught his eye as a potential walking stick. Recognizing its potential as both a practical aid for traversing rugged terrain and a symbolic accessory for his outdoor adventures, he fashioned it into a shillelagh, imbuing it with personal significance as a trusted companion on his journeys.

Through a combination of serendipitous encounters, personal interests, and strategic investments, Serj acquired the equipment necessary to support his creative vision and adventurous spirit, enriching his journey as a young social influencer and content creator before the dawn of the 2010s. Overall, each of these items contributes to Serj's ability to lead his followers effectively, ensuring their survival and resilience in the face of the myriad challenges of the post-apocalyptic world.

In addressing his 10+ million followers, Serj maintains humility and authenticity, acknowledging his career as a model involves baring his body while embracing his physique and sexuality without shame. Rather than assuming a traditional leadership role, he sees himself as someone who openly shares his life experiences, admitting his own vulnerabilities and lack of omniscience.

Serj expresses gratitude for his followers' support and encourages self-confidence and body positivity, fostering a community where everyone's voice is valued. Additionally, he emphasizes the importance of learning the hard lesson that sometimes, despite hardships, "It's not your fault," promoting self-compassion and understanding amidst life's challenges.

As living proof of the cyclical nature of history, Serj embodies the quote: “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times,” demonstrating the transformative power of resilience and leadership in shaping the course of history.

Edited by sxeBUDDHA (see edit history)

F. L. E. X.

FLEX represents Forgiving, Living, Educating, and X (No excuses), embodying Serj's philosophy of living a positive and fulfilling life based on his own experiences:

Forgiving: Serj believes in the power of forgiveness as a transformative tool for personal growth and resilience. Through embracing failure and setbacks, he learns to forgive himself and others, recognizing that every mistake is an opportunity to learn and grow. By letting go of grudges and resentments, Serj frees himself from the burdens of the past, allowing him to move forward with greater clarity and compassion.

Living: Serj sees life as a dynamic journey of trial and error, where every experience serves as a lesson in self-discovery and self-expression. He embraces the uncertainty and unpredictability of life, choosing to live authentically and on his own terms. By prioritizing his own happiness and well-being, Serj navigates the complexities of existence with courage and resilience, embracing the richness and diversity of human experience.

Educating: Serj is a lifelong learner, constantly seeking knowledge and wisdom to expand his horizons and unlock new possibilities. He approaches life with a hunger for learning, recognizing that education is the key to personal and professional growth. By investing in his own intellectual development, Serj equips himself with the skills and insights needed to overcome challenges and seize opportunities, ensuring a brighter and more fulfilling future.

X (No excuses): Serj embodies a mindset of relentless determination and self-belief, refusing to make excuses or accept limitations. He confronts obstacles head-on, channeling his inner strength and resilience to overcome adversity and achieve his goals. By embracing a "no excuses" mentality, Serj empowers himself to take bold risks and pursue his passions with unwavering confidence, knowing that nothing is impossible when he sets his mind to it.

In essence, FLEX encapsulates Serj's personal journey of self-discovery, resilience, and empowerment, reflecting his unwavering commitment to living a positive and meaningful life based on forgiveness, authenticity, education, and relentless determination.

For Serj, living a positive life means forging a new self through failure, embracing trial and error, hungering for knowledge, and believing in oneself without making excuses. He practices daily meditation to enhance focus and achieve new limits, while also emphasizing the importance of smiling, being grateful, and letting go of worries. However, Serj keeps the origin of his moniker, ManGodLegend, a mystery, reserving it for a special occasion, as he believes there are more important matters to attend to.

ร—
ร—