Edit History

Cirlot

Cirlot

Not trying to muddy the waters - I'll go with the majority here but it seems an obvious trap by description and Tala would be remiss in not calling it out.  And feel free to take some shots at Tala's well meaning but socially deaf condescension  . . .

On 10/10/2022 at 6:34 AM, LarsWester said:

I haven't seen any Legend of Korra yet is it worth a watch?  

Belated answer to this: I enjoyed it but there's a large caveat in that I came to Avatar as a property after the shows had aired and by way of Korra first so there are some biases there.  The Jadepunk setting that merges bending with technology is kind of my jam, as is the adventure serial framing they give each episode.  I also find each season of Korra hangs together better as a single story (whereas Avatar the Last Airbender hangs together better as a series): Season 3 is probably the strongest and has the most compelling villain, Season 1 is I think is a fun introduction to the new time period and the new Avatar, but Season 2 is largely considered the weakest of the four.  All in all it' a deeply ambitious but also deeply flawed series and worth at least a few episode test run.

Cirlot

Cirlot

Not trying to muddy the waters - I'll go with the majority here but it seems an obvious trap by description and Tala would be remiss in not calling it out.  And feel free to take some shots at Tala's well meaning but socially deaf condescension  . . .

On 10/10/2022 at 6:34 AM, LarsWester said:

I haven't seen any Legend of Korra yet is it worth a watch?  

Belated answer to this: I enjoyed it but there's a large caveat in that I came to Avatar as a property after the shows had aired and by way of Korra first.  The Jadepunk setting that merges bending with technology is kind of my jam, as is the adventure serial framing they give each episode.  I also find each season of Korra hangs together better as a single story (whereas Avatar the Last Airbender hangs together better as a series): Season 3 is probably the strongest and has the most compelling villain, Season 1 is I think is a fun introduction to the new time period and the new Avatar, but Season 2 is largely considered the weakest of the four.  All in all it' a deeply ambitious but also deeply flawed series and worth at least a few episode test run.