Edit History

Cirlot

Cirlot

spacer.png

"And why upon the condition that we take the blasted sod alive?" The thought drifts up and out with the same frothy carelessness as the head of foam upon the ale in Talas hand. That self-same head nearly splatters across the table as she sweeps her arm - hand, mug and all - wide in disbelieving shrug.   She'd seen the memorial, Hells, the shrine to the nigh-sainted Aleeya - the departed sister's temper so unlike Tala's own as to be drawn not just in contrast but judgement all new novitiates to the order and her own wayward self specifically - in the temple her first moon-stay within Threshold and had lit her own candles in prayer to that particular fallen.

Slumping back in her seat, propping one boot up upon the edge of the table, the priestess finished her drink before lifting a calming hand to the companions seated around the table.

"Pardy, an idle thought fellows, I'll not jeopardize the bounty much as My Lady might wish her vengeance otherwise.  'Orders of the crown, we live in a society' and all that - " that and her own share of the reward was already spoken for, her luck and her debts being what they were. " - but seems an odd stipulation.  Especially upon account of his magicks: I always thought it was safer, in the case of a 'user, to fell him 'fore he proved capable of speech as that it where the danger lies . . . "

Cirlot

Cirlot

1455644225_TalaFrame.png.636f795a233328dcffb1e9d0dce47246.png

"Why take the blasted sod alive?" The thought drifts up and out with the same frothy carelessness as the head of foam upon the ale in Talas hand. That self-same head nearly splatters across the table as she sweeps her arm - hand, mug and all - wide in disbelieving shrug.   She'd seen the memorial, Hells, the shrine to the nigh-sainted Aleeya - the departed sister's temper so unlike Tala's own as to be drawn not just in contrast but judgement all new novitiates to the order and her own wayward self specifically - in the temple her first moon-stay within Threshold and had lit her own candles in prayer to that particular fallen.

Slumping back in her seat, propping one boot up upon the edge of the table, the priestess finished her drink before lifting a calming hand to the companions seated around the table.

"Pardy, an idle thought fellows, I'll not jeopardize the bounty much as My Lady might wish her vengeance otherwise.  'Orders of the crown, we live in a society' and all that - " that and her own share of the reward was already spoken for, her luck and her debts being what they were. " - but seems an odd stipulation.  Especially upon account of his magicks: I always thought it was safer, in the case of a 'user, to fell him 'fore he proved capable of speech as that it where the danger lies . . . "