Edit History

Scarecrow71

Scarecrow71

spacer.png
Ashera Grequinal

Ashera sat at the table, her eyes going from person to person she sat with, and then scanning the rest of the inn.  She held a slight smile with her lips and a copper tankard with her left hand, her thoughts running to the adventures she would certainly have with this newfound group of friends she was with.  They were discussing the where-to's and why-for's of the crisp parchment tacked to a post about this Bargle fellow.  Some magick-using sod who, for one reason or another, was wanted by the Crown.

"They want him alive, I suppose," she interjected during the appropriate lull in the conversation, "so that the Crown can make an example of him by putting him to death themselves.  It wouldn't seem like they had any real power to enforce their own laws if they just paid someone else to take him out.  Nor would it instill that sense of fear in the general population to abide by the laws that the Crown needs to stay in power.  Would it?"

The words came out with a touch of both jest and sarcasm, mixed in with a hint of her own fear of the Crown.  She wasn't about to get on their bad side, especially not when they were literally posting signs that they wanted to kill one man.  If they would kill one man for whatever he was accused of, what would they do to someone who was seditious and slanderous?

"But their reasoning is not for us to decide.  If they want him alive - and to the tune of a small fortune, no less - then who are we to argue?  I'll put in my own bow to help this cause, especially if it puts us on the good side of the Crown."

Scarecrow71

Scarecrow71

RLG5yxv.png
Ashera Grequinal

Ashera sat at the table, her eyes going from person to person she sat with, and then scanning the rest of the inn.  She held a slight smile with her lips and a copper tankard with her left hand, her thoughts running to the adventures she would certainly have with this newfound group of friends she was with.  They were discussing the where-to's and why-for's of the crisp parchment tacked to a post about this Bargle fellow.  Some magick-using sod who, for one reason or another, was wanted by the Crown.

"They want him alive, I suppose," she interjected during the appropriate lull in the conversation, "so that the Crown can make an example of him by putting him to death themselves.  It wouldn't seem like they had any real power to enforce their own laws if they just paid someone else to take him out.  Nor would it instill that sense of fear in the general population to abide by the laws that the Crown needs to stay in power.  Would it?"

The words came out with a touch of both jest and sarcasm, mixed in with a hint of her own fear of the Crown.  She wasn't about to get on their bad side, especially not when they were literally posting signs that they wanted to kill one man.  If they would kill one man for whatever he was accused of, what would they do to someone who was seditious and slanderous?

"But their reasoning is not for us to decide.  If they want him alive - and to the tune of a small fortune, no less - then who are we to argue?  I'll put in my own bow to help this cause, especially if it puts us on the good side of the Crown."

Scarecrow71

Scarecrow71

Elven_chain.jpg
Ashera Grequinal