Edit History

Cirlot

Cirlot

spacer.png
Tala Silvergrave

"'Weak and feeble' t'was more a turn of phrase, I suspect; arcanists are not known for their strength of arms after all.  But -"  Tala shrugs, canting her head to one side, eyes narrowing as she licked an absent bit of ale from her lips thoughtfully

"You've a point.  To survive outside the walls suggests a certain potency.  If I had to wager I'd lay coin that Bargle's strength lies not in arms but in numbers.  A small band of mercenaries or brigands might get along quite well in the wilds, or he might be able to ensnare and ensorcell fell beasts or goblins to his command.  Mayhaps best to think him but the head of the snake - the eyes that guide and venomous when teeth are bared, leading a larger body of equal danger."

"And as to your point Astrid - " Pulling her legs in from their kicked up lean on the table, Tala suddenly sat upright and leaned in, pointing to her fellow acolyte with a drained mug of ale.  " - I fear Bargle mightn't make that distinction.  Unless we can offer 'surety that the Crown will not take the final sanction upon Bargle's life for his crimes any discussion of a trial or surrender must acknowledge that possible end.  My order would petition the crown for his execution, at any rate."  The cleric shrugged, gesturing over the barkeep to fill her now empty cups.

"I lack the honey'd tongue to talk a man into a possible noose.  Doesn't mean 'tis not possible but if you manage it I'll see you to half my share of the bounty for the lesson."  Tala grinned, wide and wolfish at the dare.  What good was coin if it didn't make life more interesting, anyway?

"But, more pressing debts first - " turning to her head to follow her own gesture the barkeep, Tala raised her voice.  " - another round, 'keeper.  And my companion's question?  Know you any cartographers, guides or traveling folk who might lay out the nearby environs?  There's coin in gratitude for the question if you have an answer."

Cirlot

Cirlot

spacer.png
Tala Silvergrave

"'Weak and feeble' t'was more a turn of phrase, I suspect; arcanists are not known for their strength of arms after all.  But -"  Tala shrugs, canting her head to one side, eyes narrowing as she licked an absent bit of ale from her lips thoughtfully

"You've a point.  If I had to wager I'd lay coin that Bargle's strength lies not in arms but in numbers.  A small band of mercenaries or brigands might get along quite well in the wilds, or he might be able to ensnare and ensorcell fell beasts or goblins to his command.  Mayhaps best to think him but the head of the snake - the eyes that guide and venomous when teeth are bared, leading a larger body of equal danger."

"And as to your point Astrid - " Pulling her legs in from their kicked up lean on the table, Tala suddenly sat upright and leaned in, pointing to her fellow acolyte with a drained mug of ale.  " - I fear Bargle mightn't make that distinction.  Unless we can offer 'surety that the Crown will not take the final sanction upon Bargle's life for his crimes any discussion of a trial or surrender must acknowledge that possible end.  My order would petition the crown for his execution, at any rate."  The cleric shrugged, gesturing over the barkeep to fill her now empty cups.

"I lack the honey'd tongue to talk a man into a possible noose.  Doesn't mean 'tis not possible but if you manage it I'll see you to half my share of the bounty for the lesson."  Tala grinned, wide and wolfish at the dare.  What good was coin if it didn't make life more interesting, anyway?

"But, more pressing debts first - " turning to her head to follow her own gesture the barkeep, Tala raised her voice.  " - another round, 'keeper.  And my companion's question?  Know you any cartographers, guides or traveling folk who might lay out the nearby environs?  There's coin in gratitude for the question if you have an answer."

Cirlot

Cirlot

spacer.png
Tala Silvergrave

"'Weak and feeble' T'was more a turn of phrase, I suspect; arcanists are not known for their strength of arms after all.  But -"  Tala shrugs, canting her head to one side, eyes narrowing as she licked an absent bit of ale from her lips thoughtfully

"You've a point.  If I had to wager I'd lay coin that Bargle's strength lies not in arms but in numbers.  A small band of mercenaries or brigands might get along quite well in the wilds, or he might be able to ensnare and ensorcell fell beasts or goblins to his command.  Mayhaps best to think him but the head of the snake - the eyes that guide and venomous when teeth are bared, leading a larger body of equal danger."

"And as to your point Astrid - " Pulling her legs in from their kicked up lean on the table, Tala suddenly sat upright and leaned in, pointing to her fellow acolyte with a drained mug of ale.  " - I fear Bargle mightn't make that distinction.  Unless we can offer 'surety that the Crown will not take the final sanction upon Bargle's life for his crimes any discussion of a trial or surrender must acknowledge that possible end.  My order would petition the crown for his execution, at any rate."

The cleric shrugged, gesturing over the barkeep to fill her now empty cups.