Edit History

Cirlot

Cirlot

spacer.png
Tala Silvergrave

"'Tis a great many voices set upon the circumstances of my coin - " it's not quite a mutter, and the smirk on Tala's lips would be almost playful were it not for the flinty set to her grey eyes focused as they were upon the red-headed youth.  Rolling the coin upon the bartop beneath her finger her own smirk shifted, sliding to the other side of Tala's mouth and going vulpine and thin.  Without breaking eye contact with the lad, Tala flipped the returned half-crown in question from her hand to the barkeep.

"Towards the round then, the rest for your trouble.  And tell the Toliverson lad'll have my prayers; should the hurt persist have him send word - I'll put in a word for him with the sisters so he might be better mended."

"As for you - " it seems impossible, given her gaze had never left him nor her attention drifted, for the Cleric to somehow further turn her attentions further to the red-haired lad but with the words the full weight of her focus snaps into place and she indicates him with a single nod.

"Well done.  Very well done.  Clever." the way she says the word suggests no compliment; clipped and curt, a sneer cut off by between teeth and tongue.  Lifting her freshly impoverished hand, the smirk deepening into a knowing and unkind grin, she pointed to him once and then began marked her points off one by one, ticking them off her fingers.

"You present us with knowledge overheard as thine own, making yourself appear knowledgeable of this place while offering nothing genuinely new by which to gauge the claim.  You name the Toliverson boy as both foolish and unheeding your advice, marking yourself as his better in the bargain.  You mark my companions faith, suggesting kinship in devotion while snubbing my own and yet still you mark me by mine own name despite no introduction, a fact if known would, as sure as Her mark about my neck speak to which goddess I serve.  All of which presents itself a challenge where I, good acolyte I am, ought reply and counter your seeming error forcing further conversation and engagement.  And then you lay claim to the coin in the name of sparing my dwarven companions' their palates, siding seemingly with both of us at once.  I might read your statement as quiet sympathy for having to deal with the grumblings of my friends over ale and they might read it as the knowing approval of a fellow connoisseur.  And then, at the last you malign the lad who's position you would claim as not just foolish but shirksome, once again claiming yourself the better and aligning with my companions' suspicions of the boy and his injury."

"Every word from your mouth is a quarrel set against the gaps of our armor and all bent to but one purpose."  the smile widens, a Cheshire thing ear to ear baring teeth.  Slapping hands to the table Tala stands swiftly, despite the weight of armor.

"Bargained well and done.  Welcome to the company; I'll leave it to my fellows to negotiate your fee but know whatever you ask for - " she leaned in, the falcon about her neck dangling like the sword of Damocles over the space between them.  " - Freya shall see you earn it.  One way or another."

"Now, if you've still tongue for honest treating; have you a name, clever boy?"

Cirlot

Cirlot

spacer.png
Tala Silvergrave

"'Tis a great many voices set upon the circumstances of my coin - " it's not quite a mutter, and the smirk on Tala's lips would be almost playful were it not for the flinty set to her grey eyes focused as they were upon the red-headed youth.  Rolling the coin upon the bartop beneath her finger her own smirk shifted, sliding to the other side of Tala's mouth and going vulpine and thin.  Without breaking eye contact with the lad, Tala flipped the returned half-crown in question from her hand to the barkeep.

"Towards the round then, the rest for your trouble.  And tell the Toliverson lad'll have my prayers; should the hurt persist have him send word - I'll put in a word for him with the sisters so he might be better mended."

"As for you - " it seems impossible, given her gaze had never left him nor her attention drifted, for the Cleric to somehow further turn her attentions further to the red-haired lad but with the words the full weight of her focus snaps into place and she indicates him with a single nod.

"Well done.  Very well done.  Clever." the way she says the word suggests no compliment; clipped and curt, a sneer cut off by between teeth and tongue.  Lifting her freshly impoverished hand, the smirk deepening into a knowing and unkind grin, she pointed to him once and then began marked her points off one by one, ticking them off her fingers.

"You present us with knowledge overheard as thine own, making yourself appear knowledgeable of this place while offering nothing genuinely new by which to gauge the claim.  You name the Toliverson boy as both foolish and unheeding your advice, marking yourself as his better in the bargain.  You mark my companions faith, suggesting kinship in devotion while snubbing my own and yet still you mark me by mine own name despite no introduction, a fact if known would, as sure as Her mark about my neck speak to which goddess I serve.  All of which presents itself a challenge where I, good acolyte I am, ought reply and counter your seeming error forcing further conversation and engagement.  And then you lay claim to the coin in the name of sparing my dwarven companions their palates, siding seemingly with both of us at once.  I might read your statement as quiet sympathy for having to deal with the grumblings of my friends over ale and they might read it as the knowing approval of a fellow connoisseur.  And then, at the last you malign the lad who's position you would claim as not just foolish but shirksome, once again claiming yourself the better and aligning with my companions suspicions of the boy and his injury."

"Every word from your mouth is a quarrel set against the gaps of our armor and all bent to but one purpose."  the smile widens, a Cheshire thing ear to ear baring teeth.  Slapping hands to the table Tala stands swiftly, despite the weight of armor.

"Bargained well and done.  Welcome to the company; I'll leave it to my fellows to negotiate your fee but know whatever you ask for - " she leaned in, the falcon about her neck dangling like the sword of Damocles over the space between them.  " - Freya shall see you earn.  One way or another."

Cirlot

Cirlot

1455644225_TalaFrame.png.636f795a233328dcffb1e9d0dce47246.png
Tala Silvergrave

"You present us with knowledge overheard as thine own, making yourself appear knowledgeable of this place while offering nothing genuinely new by which to gauge the claim.  You name the Toliverson boy as both foolish and unheeding your advice, marking yourself as his better in the bargain.  You mark my companions faith, suggesting kinship in devotion while snubbing my own and yet still you mark me by mine own name despite no introduction, a fact if known would, as sure as her mark about my neck speak to which goddess I serve.  All of which presents itself a challenge where I, good acolyte I am, ought reply and counter your seeming error forcing further conversation and engagement.  And then you lay claim to the coin in the name of sparing my dwarven companions their palates, siding seemingly with both of us at once.  I might read your statement as quiet sympathy for having to deal with the grumblings of my friends over ale and they might read it as the knowing approval of a fellow connoisseur.  And then, at the last you malign the lad who's position you would claim as not just foolish but shirksome, once again claiming yourself the better and aligning with my companions suspicions of the boy and his injury."

"Bargained well and done.  Welcome to the company; I'll leave it to my fellows to negotiate your fee but know whatever you ask for - " she leaned in, the falcon about her neck dangling like the sword of Damocles over the space between them.  " - Freya shall see you earn.  One way or another."