Stygia, the Litch Queen

KingGoblin

0EM3Op.jpgeaGAtN.jpgName:  Billie Jo Wheeler

Superhero Name:  Stygia

Description 

Billie's main distinguishing characteristic is probably her hair, which she spends quite a bit of money on, so thank you for noticing.  No less obvious, once she opens her mouth, is her bubbly, friendly personality.  She has a slight southern accent, although it seems to get thicker when convenient.  Billie has a habit of touching people, whether it is a hand on their arm, or a punch to the shoulder, when she talks to them.  Although she acts like it doesn't matter, she spends a lot of time on her makeup to make her eyes and lips as big as possible.

When using her powers, however, she becomes Stygia, the Litch Queen.  It isn't really noticeable all the time, but the more she does it, the more dead her skin and eyes appear, the more her hair falls out, the more she smells of rot.  When she wants to, the transformation is instant, and complete, although even when out of 'costume' if she uses her powers people tend to get a whiff of death, or feel a chill in the air surrounding her.

Background
Billie was, and probably still is, a cosmetologist.  She left home at 17, when she could get away with it, and bought a bus ticket to Emerald City.  Years as a waitress, a barista, and selling makeup in little kiosks in the mall, and she was able to get her cosmetology certification from one of the community colleges.  Barely able to keep her head above water, she lives with two other girls in an apartment downtown.  It's a good location, she can walk to work, and it is nice living with friends, but frankly the place is a pit.

Origin 
Being rather poor, Billie was accepting any work she could get, so when she was called on to do the makeup and hair of a dead woman, well, she didn't think twice.  Ok, so she thought twice, and three times, but the money was good, so she went through with it anyway.  The whole thing was strange, she was called by the hospice to do the job, but it paid much more than it should have, and it didn't look like anyone had touched the corpse...  Anyway, well, it looked like the woman had been dead for ages when she got to work, but she did her best, and at the end, time seemed to stop, as she fell into the light.

Billie doesn't remember (or refuses to talk about) what happened after that, but in the end, she absorbed the Stone and the Crown and became the new queen of the dead.

Powers
Necromancy, basically.  She can talk to ghosts, which is less useful than one would think.  Ghosts don't know anything that happened after they died, and aren't always forthcoming without an incentive about what they do know.  By applying more power, she can raise ghosts or corporeal undead to work or fight for her.  Or she can drain life directly, make an aura of cold, scare bugs away from her picnic, keep seagulls from stealing her ice cream, whatever. 

Archetype 
I guess Sorcerer?  Or Necromancer.

Personality
Billie is super social, loves people, wants to make the whole world pretty and happy.  A big part of this is based on childhood trauma, but she doesn't talk about that much.  In essence, Billie is bubbly and wants everyone to love her and gets really bothered when people don't like her, which causes her to try even harder to make them happy.

Principles

Fairness?  Justice?  She hates bullies, and wants to make them pay.  She wants to help victims, and protect them as best she can.

Finishing Touches

Not sure what else to include.  For the ghost talking power, I was thinking ghosts are mostly just like echoes of life; so, the information she could get would be semi-limited.  Like, if there was a murder, the victim could point out the murderer.  But if there was a bank robbery without casualties, no ghost would even know it happened.  If someone died there, his ghost could be a witness, but wouldn't know any more than what happened.  If they took a hostage, then later killed them, the ghost would be able to be summoned up and tell her where it died, what happened, but wouldn't know anything it hadn't seen.  If one of the robbers were killed, he would know what the plan was, but not what they ended up doing; and he may not talk if the heroes killed him, but may give all the details if he thinks the other robbers turned on him, or if Billie promised to do something like send a message to his family, or whatever.  Perhaps some phantoms are more complicated than that, though, so it would be something to talk about OOC while making the character.  In any case, I do see it as being useful for research, since she could presumably call up old ghosts that witnessed historical events, but less useful for modern-day crime solving.

I went ahead and made the character for you,  Stygia The lich QUeen just letting you know what I made for you, as your character is not as straight forward as the other characters in terms of how to play them Your character is a minion Maker. So your very weak in terms of health but you have the ability to fill the scene with Undead Minions to do your bidding. If you don't want this I can change it to more of just a Sorcerer that shoots magic bolts and stuff but being The Lich queen and having Necromancy I thought This one would be better. Mind you we can change it later if you dont like it

e8bcb327c6d853ddb58c22d8b2004392.png
So when you use your make a Minion ability whatever you roll will decide the minion strength on this chart 
a55cc841703eb3e3c00ddaa56548af2e.png
YOu can use your Hero Point Bonuses instead of improving a roll you can spend them to give one minion at a time Special Abilities as you summoun them.

Stygia Lich QUeen.pdf

Yes your status die is different than most
Your a Minion Maker so your characters first couple actions in a scene will be to Make Minions so you would want your best dice at the beginning rather than at the end. When the Scene is coming close to conclusion if that makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah.  Also, I know I will forget if it isn't somewhere I can see it.

If you are tracking it too, perhaps a tracking thread?  To let us know like what phase we are in, our hp, etc?

Heh.  How many minions our insane minion master has and their dice?