Edit History

Kavonde

Kavonde

Jack Colson was standing up. One of the advantages of being dead was that his bad knee didn't bother him anymore, giving him the freedom to stand for hours--days, even!--if he wanted to. The downside was that he kept leaving these... stains where he sat. Kind of like a brown shadow of where he'd been. And they smelled horrendous, too. Given how nice Ms. Adams' house was, and how well she'd been treating him, he didn't really feel any inclination to ruin her furniture.

He wore the an open, floral-print shirt with lots of pinks and oranges over a solid blue T-shirt and a pair of olive green shorts. All of them needed a wash, but they were the cleanest clothes Jack had available. Though he'd always been a sandals kind of guy, Jack's bare feet were something out a nightmare now, so he'd covered them in a thick pair of old, brown work boots he'd found at Goodwill.

Not seeing anyone else rushing to volunteer, Jack cleared his throat and gave the others a little wave. His voice, at least, was still the same as his voice in life: warm and pleasant, with just a touch of California Dude around the edges. "Hey, so... I'm Jack Colson. I used to be a cameraman on a... kinda live documentary ghost show? Like, I'd follow these guys around while they poked around haunted houses. And graveyards. And this crypt in England, once. Anyway, one day, I was gettin' this really great shot, but I backed up a little too far and tripped and went right over the edge of the roof. We were at this four-story Victorian house, see. And... I died. But then I woke up at my funeral." He glances at Tina. "Glad you could make it, by the way. But since I was, you know, dead, I'm trying to get declared not-dead so I can get my life back. Except, I guess that'd still be kind of a lie. 'Cause I am dead. It's really complicated and I haven't really been able to afford a lawyer. And my partner left me." He sighs and stares at the floor for a couple of seconds. Then, his voice reclaiming its usual bounce, he continues: "Anyway, now I'm a super-strong undead creature who constantly hungers for greasy fast food. Life and lemons, you know how it is."

Kavonde

Kavonde

Jack Colson was standing up. One of the advantages of being dead was that his bad knee didn't bother him anymore, giving him the freedom to stand for hours--days, even!--if he wanted to. The downside was that he kept leaving these... [i]stains[/] where he sat. Kind of like a brown shadow of where he'd been. And they smelled horrendous, too. Given how nice Ms. Adams' house was, and how well she'd been treating him, he didn't really feel any inclination to ruin her furniture.

He wore the an open, floral-print shirt with lots of pinks and oranges over a solid blue T-shirt and a pair of olive green shorts. All of them needed a wash, but they were the cleanest clothes Jack had available. Though he'd always been a sandals kind of guy, Jack's bare feet were something out a nightmare now, so he'd covered them in a thick pair of old, brown work boots he'd found at Goodwill.

Not seeing anyone else rushing to volunteer, Jack cleared his throat and gave the others a little wave. His voice, at least, was still the same as his voice in life: warm and pleasant, with just a touch of California Dude around the edges. "Hey, so... I'm Jack Colson. I used to be a cameraman on a... kinda live documentary ghost show? Like, I'd follow these guys around while they poked around haunted houses. And graveyards. And this crypt in England, once. Anyway, one day, I was gettin' this really great shot, but I backed up a little too far and tripped and went right over the edge of the roof. We were at this four-story Victorian house, see. And... I died. But then I woke up at my funeral." He glances at Tina. "Glad you could make it, by the way. But since I was, you know, dead, I'm trying to get declared not-dead so I can get my life back. Except, I guess that'd still be kind of a lie. 'Cause I am dead. It's really complicated and I haven't really been able to afford a lawyer. And my partner left me." He sighs and stares at the floor for a couple of seconds. Then, his voice reclaiming its usual bounce, he continues: "Anyway, now I'm a super-strong undead creature who constantly hungers for greasy fast food. Life and lemons, you know how it is."