Edit History

Orpheus

Orpheus

spacer.pngVashian Hearthmount

When everyone is seated and no longer trying to run off, he makes a nodding motion. Sifting through his coat, he brings out tiny glasses which he places on his massive face and breaks the seal on the paper. "Today we are gathered for the reading of the will of the late Petros Lorrimor. Joined by his daughter Kendra, and other company. " With the seal broken, he places the paper on the table in front of all of you as it slowly starts to unfold itself. Then the booming voice coming of what you can distinctly tell is Petros Lorrimor. "He was always one for theatrics, Petros"

spacer.png

Last Will of Petros Lorrimor

“I, Petros Lorrimor, being of sound mind, do hereby commit to this parchment my last will and testament. I'm glad that hopefully my daughter and my former compatriots and wards are present. As of this time of the writing of said will, I have not yet seen you in many of years and worry that I may not see you again before my death. Let it be known that, with the exception of the specific details below, I leave my personal belongings entire to my daughter, Kendra, specifically the house. Use it or sell it as you see fit, my child.

Yet beyond the bequeathing of my personal effects, this document must serve other needs. I have arranged for the reading of this document to be delayed until all principals can be in attendance, my friends we have not spoken in a long time and yet I have two final favors to ask. Please consider indulging an old foolish man one last time. 

I hate to impose upon you both, but there are few others who are capable of appreciating the true significance of what it is I have to ask. As some of you know, I have devoted many of my studies to all manner of evil, that I might know the enemy and inform those better positioned to stand against it. For knowledge of one’s enemy is the surest path to victory over its plans. I have tried most of my life to shelter my daughter and students from this. But most if not all of you have seen the evil out there.

And so, over the course of my lifetime, I have seen fit to acquire a significant collection of valuable but dangerous tomes, any one of which in the wrong circumstances could have led to disaster. While the majority of these tomes remain safe under lock and key at the Lepidstadt University, I fear that a few I have borrowed remain in a trunk in my Ravengro home. While invaluable for my work in life, in death, I would prefer this to be dedicated to a better cause. I'd ask that you settle an old man's debt, please deliver them to the University of Lepistadt.

Secondly, I would ask that the lot of you would also delay your journey by a month in order to assist Kendra with anything she may need in the aftermath of my death. Of this I would be appreciative. I'm sure Kendra will not mind our home playing the role of your home for the next month. 

But on the matter of money, I have also willed to each of you a sum of one hundred platinum coins. For safekeeping, I have left these funds with Embreth Daramid, one of my most trusted friends in Lepidstadt—she has been instructed to issue this payment upon your arrival.

Finally, to my greatest student Adivion Adrissant. I wish I had more to give you but as of writing this will, I've been informed that you have held the mantle of Loremaster of Caliphas for a few years now. For you I have left a leather bound first edition of the Legend of Whispering Tyrant. This story used to be a favorite when you were a young student. I hope the lessons you've taken from it still ring true in your soul.

And with that. That is that. Goodbye my daughter, I'll miss you friends. Kelevmor guide my spirit onward. "

Orpheus

Orpheus

spacer.pngVashian Hearthmount

When everyone is seated and no longer trying to run off, he makes a nodding motion. Sifting through his coat, he brings out tiny glasses which he places on his massive face and breaks the seal on the paper. "Today we are gathered for the reading of the will of the late Petros Lorrimor. Joined by his daughter Kendra, and other company. " With the seal broken, he places the paper on the table in front of all of you as it slowly starts to unfold itself. Then the booming voice coming of what you can distinctly tell is Petros Lorrimor. "He was always one for theatrics, Petros"

spacer.png

Last Will of Petros Lorrimor

“I, Petros Lorrimor, being of sound mind, do hereby commit to this parchment my last will and testament. I'm glad that hopefully my daughter and my former compatriots and wards are present. As of this time of the writing of said will, I have not yet seen you in many of years and worry that I may not see you again before my death. Let it be known that, with the exception of the specific details below, I leave my personal belongings entire to my daughter, Kendra, specifically the house. Use it or sell it as you see fit, my child.

Yet beyond the bequeathing of my personal effects, this document must serve other needs. I have arranged for the reading of this document to be delayed until all principals can be in attendance, my friends we have not spoken in a long time and yet I have two final favors to ask. Please consider indulging an old foolish man one last time. 

I hate to impose upon you both, but there are few others who are capable of appreciating the true significance of what it is I have to ask. As some of you know, I have devoted many of my studies to all manner of evil, that I might know the enemy and inform those better positioned to stand against it. For knowledge of one’s enemy is the surest path to victory over its plans. I have tried most of my life to shelter my daughter and students from this. But most if not all of you have seen the evil out there.

And so, over the course of my lifetime, I have seen fit to acquire a significant collection of valuable but dangerous tomes, any one of which in the wrong circumstances could have led to disaster. While the majority of these tomes remain safe under lock and key at the Lepidstadt University, I fear that a few I have borrowed remain in a trunk in my Ravengro home. While invaluable for my work in life, in death, I would prefer this to be dedicated to a better cause. I'd ask that you settle an old man's debt, please deliver them to the University of Lepistadt.

Secondly, I would ask that the lot of you would also delay your journey by a month in order to assist Kendra with anything she may need in the aftermath of my death. Of this I would be appreciative. I'm sure Kendra will not mind our home playing the role of your home for the next month. 

But on the matter of money, I have also willed to each of you a sum of one hundred platinum coins. For safekeeping, I have left these funds with Embreth Daramid, one of my most trusted friends in Lepidstadt—she has been instructed to issue this payment upon your arrival.

Finally, to my greatest student Adivion Adrissant. I wish I had more to give you but as of writing this will, I've been informed that you have held the mantle of Loremaster of Caliphas for a few years now. For you I have left a leather bound first edition of the Legend of Whispering Tyrant. This story used to be a favorite when you were a young student. I hope the lessons you've taken from it still ring true in your soul.

And with that. That is that. Goodbye my daughter, I'll miss you friends. Kelevmor guide my spirit onward. "