First Epoch: OOC discussion

Anthr4xus

As a note to everyone, I imagine Iam being the size of a regular human being. Maybe 7ft tall. Confusing, I know. Since there are no humans.

I know I didn't mention it before, but he is very small compared to most of the other gods.

14 hours ago, Kaiju Cuddlebug said:

Okay, so we have a world forge of some sort. Whatever the creatures that made the forge are, they've generating universes somehow. I'm not certain on the process they're using or what it would imply; from discussions in the world seed thread, the tumult of chaos seemed to be literal chaos, as in the lack of causality. So the forge would be a bubble of a greater reality, and within that bubble is chaos solidifying? Unless the forge creators "seeded" the chaos somehow, which they could have done.

The world itself seems limited to a few sentences. I'm not sure what an almost-planet is; do universes typically solidify into planets? Are planets a commonality across universes? What are the typical features of a planet?

My best guess is the world forge is a meta element metaphorical to the Lords of Creation system, with the Grand Deities being us the players. A wink and a nudge that we're playing pretend. So then the commonality of a planet implies a "base" of our reality. We have the same physical laws an such as the real world until otherwise noted.

For now, let's not think about the world forge or anything that exists outside our reality. let's focus on what exists within our reality, as that was the original question we are trying to answer. To all of these questions, my answer is that they aren't important enough yet. We can define them later if we really need to as they should have no effect on our game at its current state.

I would define "an almost planet" as a planet that is less than a whole one. So, imagine a normal planet, then break it apart into pieces.

A planet could be like earth but it could be like mars, too. Mostly just rock and ice (as far as we know). I am thinking it was more like mars. Just rock and the details that are mentioned later. No trees or oceans, in other words.

Other planets haven't been mentioned yet, but since an almost half formed planet exists, in theory some could. You could ask for a free one ooc and if the others agree we can let it be 0AP. My vote would be, sure why not.

If you're asking for a free one, then I would only agree if the planet is featureless, save for barren rock. A giant lumpy ball of rock. No gravity, no orbit, no core. Just plain boring rock. A clean slate to start on.

Keep in mind, that we have the ability to create planetoids and whole planets and whole dimensions mechanically speaking.

So, if you just use narrative license to create an ideal planet for you without spending AP, it feels a bit like cheating. I didn't spend AP to make this planet. I just happened to find one in the void.

That being said, this is a friendly game among friends. If the others also agree, I wouldn't mind if you went out and found a free barren rock of around earth's size to work with.

A giant barren rock is also what I imagine for our starting planet's original state, except it has a few extra features. Instead of one whole lump, it's broken up into shattered shards and pieces that are vaguely still in a roundish shape or just in the same area. There are also a few traces of ice and fire. Fire that did not need oxygen or tinder to burn, but now it has some sort of breathable atmosphere. Maybe from now on, it does because now it is addicted to this breathable oxygen. Maybe to keep on being fire, it had to adapt to this new atmosphere that might have otherwise smothered it.

As a side note, I really like that our universe was not "supposed to be". I thought that was a nice touch. I imagine us as like a pile of dirt or mold that is growing in a forgotten crack that is just outside of sight and the elder gods are like the people who don't notice or pretend not to notice so that they aren't responsible for cleaning up that disgusting mess. It would take like five minutes of spraying and scrubbing, but they just don't want to be the one who actually has to do it and the people who are paid to clean up have gotten into a routine that focuses on more important areas and messes and have figured out that they can get away with ignoring cracks like ours without being scolded or ordered to take care of it.

We get to exist in this tiny little reality of ours... until we grow too large, and someone gets disgusted enough by us that they decide to spend those five minutes to clean us up.

Edited by The Stranger (see edit history)

Sorry for posting all those actions at once. Originally, I just wanted to make a mythical race, like what has already been done by others... but I wanted mine to be mine in a way that I like.

They all kind of are dependent on each other to work as I desire them to and they kind of all flow into each other too.

If one doesn't exist, the other can't quite work... For example, the Godkin need Source Energy to live off of, so they don't have to kill.

They also need ethics so that they don't use their power to do bad things.

Then, now that they exist in the world, I also wanted to have some say in how they interact with what is already there. 

They can defend themselves against dangerous creatures, but they don't kill them. They defeat them or otherwise subdue them and send them away or relocate them and then I thought, why not tame them?

Now that I added Monster Taming and made them mythical to my original concept, I realize that they can catch monsters and... evolve them. Possibly after... inviting them to train with them and teaching them how to fight without killing their opponent.

Yeah. Kind of sounds familiar to something, now that I think about it.

Sorry, about that! I was excited to try out Iam's powers and create my ideal fantasy with godlike powers.

I do want to meet and get to know your god first, and Iam will take more interest in the other gods in the future.

However, before getting to know the others, he needs to get to know himself and have a chance to be himself. Just like how the others are beginning to do what they want.

Iam is not opposed to meeting and discussing with other gods, especially now that his work for this epoch is done. Work done, now he can play. Get to know the others, play with them, and plan too.

However, he does have his own plans and he does not actively seek permission or aide from anyone to do them. You can take offense or disgust or even direct intervention into his actions in character if you ever feel like he does something you don't like. That too is part of the fun.

I look forward to any reaction, negative or positive, that the other deities will take to what Iam is doing on his own. I also plan to spend the rest of the Epoch reacting to everything you all do, so have fun.

Oh no, did you add more while I was typing? It looks like a big wall of text...

Oh dear, I wanted to make a big island so that everyone could chat and collaborate on making their first things; Veshwoon making something, then Takayaane and Iam improve it, and the Tolig erect a divine palace around them in the meantime. What do I do if Iam is wandering off and making his own stuff in his own timeframe, just continue anyway?

Edited by Avaday Daydream (see edit history)

Sorry about that, I won't do it again in the future. I posted the first half after I forgot my original plans for the post and just as I hit the button, I remembered what I wanted to do.

I didn't think people were posting as I usually end up waiting a day or so before I see any replies, so I thought it'd be fine to edit things and it wouldn't make a difference. 

Great to see that people are so active now. Again, sorry for that. It won't happen again.

Collaboration is a great thing to aspire to, but it isn't mandatory. Iam will eventually try to join in, but right now he wants to try doing his own thing.

Iam leaving doesn't mean that you have to stop what you're doing. As far as I'm concerned, Iam left the island as it was being lifted up, but there are still two other deities there to work with. You three can do what you want there, as Iam left to seek some space for himself elsewhere. 

Perhaps the second half of the post would be better in a separate thread? Since it seems to be it's own scene separate from the other deites. Then deites seeking Iam would post there as well.

40 minutes ago, The Stranger said:

I didn't think people were posting as I usually end up waiting a day or so before I see any replies, so I thought it'd be fine to edit things and it wouldn't make a difference.

It's Thanksgiving with my family and there's lots of elderly relatives with no filters. I'm aggressively starring at my phone and constantly refreshing 😅

Edited by Kaiju Cuddlebug (see edit history)

I'll agree to do this, if it makes you more comfortable. Sorry, again.

Since Iam presumably takes a lot of time to enjoy what he's doing, he'll leave the original thread for now. Meaning, you don't have to wait for me to post if you were wondering.

I will rejoin it or join the next one if I see an opportunity to.

I think I have one ap left and can take some 0 ap actions now, but consider me ready to move to the next Epoch whenever you all are also ready.

54 minutes ago, Anthr4xus said:

Takayaane the God of cautious restraint and trepidatious action 😄

Look, they told me I'd get to be a god, but then they don't give me omniscience? This is why 'dem classical gods just go "YOLO" and start banging mortals.

I do plan to have Takayaane spend AP, but being God of Mutations, it seems best to let everyone else to get their creatures made first. Plus, having a continent or two built by the Tolig seems a good idea. Hard to raise mighty civilizations without a place to everyone to stand.