First Epoch: OOC discussion

Anthr4xus

@Kaiju Cuddlebug Iam didn't conceal his own location. He concealed the existence of something he created as he created it before. Something that your god has never smelled before. 

You can spend as much power as you want to find Iam, but you aren't trying to find his secret stash are you?

Mooosic. This is what I had in mind, if you're interested.

Also, random thought: ages ago I came up with an idea for a Digimon based on my limited knowledge of the franchise; the idea was a vampire bush of sorts that could put aggressive Digimon to sleep and drain their energy (turning Ultimates/Champions back to Rookies or so) and convert that energy into fruits, which could be eaten by friendly Digimon to charge them up and enable a quick Digivolve.

I wonder if Veshwoon would be interested in making something like that, a plant that regulates the energy levels in its surroundings (like a fire-eating plant or a sleep-inducing plant or such), or one that produces yummy fruits to bribe other creatures into protecting it, or both?

And don't worry, @The Stranger, there is a goblin or two being express-mailed to your destination.

6 minutes ago, Kaiju Cuddlebug said:

Aware, thank you.

I mention this because you spent your precious AP to find Iam, but I don't think that is necessary. 

For example, Avaday had his characters find Iam and keep tabs on him without spending AP.

Well, Avaday has a mythic race to utilize. So, there are more characters to utilize. It makes sense that they might be aware of something in another location. Especially, if they travel in that direction.

Maybe, they were watching the direction that Iam left in. So, even if they cannot see him, they are waiting for his return. Iam would not have any reason to turn or change direction. So, the direction he left in, is the direction is he is at. Maybe your character didn't know this until after the AP was spent? 

It seems like a waste to me, honestly. I think reveal was only meant to counter conceal, directly.

In theory, your god's sense of smell could already be powerful enough to detect Iam without spending AP.

It's your AP, you can spend it how you like, but I think its a bit of a waste. I would not object if you found Iam just by smelling for him. Especially if all you got was the direction he was in.

Edited by The Stranger (see edit history)

Thank you. It's general college stuff; nothing I haven't done before, and nothing that should impeed my ability to post in the future.

@Anthr4xusShould I move the scene with Takayaane and Veshwoon to Iam's settlement/thread? I imagined Takayaane and Veshwoon walking together, but with time to think that seems impractical in a play-by-post GMless format. I'd rather not narrate another player's character for them without explicit permission, at least.

I've been off-color today, so I just ended up making a mini-post.

By the way, @Kaiju Cuddlebug, I've noticed that Takayaane doesn't seem to be spending any AP? Maybe now there's dragons about, you could use your Power domain to mutate them into fire dragons, lightning dragons, ice dragons...? Or make some of the plants and creatures Veshwoon has made, even bigger? Massive trees with branches that link asteroids together? Fireflies that radiate light and heat to nourish nearby plant life?...Do we actually have a sun or other source of light/heat yet, aside from the Starkin?

Yeah, only sources of light that I have tracked are the Starkin, the various chunks of elemental fire, the surface of the Eternal Crucible and the glinting reflections off the crystalline carapaces of insects.

There are masses of water and ice but not really oceans (I picture them as just big bubbles of water or icebergs floating in the ether).  Actually we haven't really had weather I don't think, so no rain or any snow or other precipitation.

Veshwoon is pushing a very carnivore/predation heavy life cycle, so I suppose bodily fluids from prey currently provide the fluid needs of the creatures currently and plants don't require fluids.

Edited by Anthr4xus (see edit history)

We also don't have an afterlife if you're interested. Things that are made and die, just end. In theory, all of the lost souls can be gathered retroactively once someone does make an afterlife, though.

If someone makes one. Things can just end, after all.

In theory we might not even have souls, unless we decide that in order for any life to exist, they then having a soul is part of that.