Edit History

Grendel

Grendel

The Sailor's Rest:  The landlord looks Kaspar up and down.  After a moment's thought he says, "you can rent a room and entertain the guests in the common room.  If you earn enough for your room, or more, fine by me.  But no free rooms here, I fill up every time a ship is in port."  It only takes a week in town to know there is always a ship in port, Anchorhead being the gateway to the North Sea.  The man seems not exactly hostile to entertainers, but certainly not friendly either.

The Sea Serpent:  The landlord looks at Eadberht and smiles.  "Are you looking for some company, eh?  I might know someone who can arrange it.  An elf would be expensive though," he says clearly believing that Eadberht is looking for a lady of the evening, perhaps for a wealthy patron.  He leans on the board to get closer, to listen conspiratorially, and Eadberht catches a strong wiff of the lack of personal hygiene that seems to be his custom.

The Blood & Shot:  Being polite doesn't get Silas any better reaction, and in some case, earns his nasty and/or predatory looks.  Anyone who is polite seems to fall into the 'prey' category for these ruffians, the Blood & Shot being the repository for scum and villainy in the city.  It takes physical effort to get as far as the board, yelling to get the attention of landlord, and then dexterity to push through the crowd to the hearth without spilling much of the grog.  Because of the cloak hood it is difficult to get a good look at the elf woman, though the features that are visible are exquisite; she and her gnome companion would stand out in the mob if she could be seen better.  The gnome himself looks terrified to be in here and is speaking hurriedly and constantly looking over his shoulder.

Grendel

Grendel

The Sailor's Rest:  The landlord looks Kaspar up and down.  After a moment's thought he says, "you can rent a room and entertain the guests in the common room.  If you earn enough for your room, or more, fine by me.  But no free rooms here, I fill up every time a ship is in port."  It only takes a week in town to know there is always a ship in port, Anchorhead being the gateway to the North Sea.  The man seems not exactly hostile to entertainers, but certainly not friendly either.

The Sea Serpent:  The landlord looks at Eadberht and smiles.  "Are you looking for some company, eh?  I might know someone who can arrange it.  An elf would be expensive though," he says clearly believing that Eadberht is looking for a lady of the evening, perhaps for a wealthy patron.  He leans on the board to get closer, to listen conspiratorially, and Eadberht catches a strong wiff of the lack of personal hygiene that seems to be his custom.

The Blood & Shot:  Being polite doesn't get Silas any better reaction, and in some case, earns his nasty and/or predatory looks.  Anyone who is polite seems to fall into the 'prey' category for these ruffians, the Blood & Shot being the repository for scum and villainy in the city.  It takes physical effort to get as far as the board, yelling to get the attention of landlord, and then dexterity to push through the crowd to the hearth without spilling much of the grog.  Because of the cloak hood it is difficult to get a good look at the elf woman, though the features that are visible are exquisite; she and her gnome companion would stand out in the mob if she could be seen better.  The gnome himself looks terrified to be in here and is speaking hurriedly and constantly looking over his shoulder.