Edit History

Cirlot

Cirlot

Bell.png.863b1ba64cfde6a7562e617ed7e5a302.png

TRISTAN "KAT" CAMPBELL - NOMAD

Head Armor: 7 | Body Armor: 11 | Shield: 0 | HP: 45

INT: 5 | REF: 8 | DEX: 8 | TECH: 5 | COOL: 7 | WILL: 7 | LUCK: 3/3 | MOVE: 7 | BODY: 7 | EMP: 3/5

Humanity: 26 | Wounds:  | Critical Injuries:  | Addictions:

Mustang Arms Mk III | Big Knucks | Brawling | Arasaka Kuma LRV

"And a U-turn isn't aggressive?"  Kat offers, a laconic drawl belying the intent attention in his eyes as he finds the SUV in the rear-view and tracks it.  He waits for one more car to pass.  Then two.  Then he checks his blinds and pops the turn signal: a uey on a city street was a crathead move, to be sure, but cratheads drove in Night City every day.

The trick was not to stand out.

It's distressingly undramatic - no e-brake turn or squealing of tires.  Cyber eyes never losing the track on the white van his foot lifts from the pedal and their speed drops, a easy brake from thirty kicks per to just shy of twenty and then as the traffic breathes to its own natural rhythm Kat swings the Kuma around, heading upstream and accelerating, rejoining the pulse of the cities blacktop arteries as it carries them closer to their prey.

Out of Character

Ah!  Apologies, I wasnt trying to roll human perception to get more info from one of the fellow PCs, rather I rolled it to see how badly Kat might have misread the situation he was in as a way to guide my response IC.  He's low EMP and given how socially driven PbP games are it's hard to represent that and still have him be an active, talkative participant - so instead I'm rolling in cases where I, as a player, understand the subtext of whats going on but he might not, and using the roll as a writing prompt: (high means he mostly gets it and I responds normally, low means he misses the mark and then tries to cover for it by being snarky, aggressive or aloof.  In this case he didn't grok the subtext and in response opted to troll the other folks in the car with the "wait, were you flirting" gambit.)

Also, trying for the standard 2-cars behind spy-movie tailing position here.

Cirlot

Cirlot

INT: 5 | REF: 8 | DEX: 8 | TECH: 5 | COOL: 7 | WILL: 7 | LUCK: 3/3 | MOVE: 7 | BODY: 7 | EMP: 3/5

"And a U-turn isn't aggressive?"  Kat offers, a laconic drawl belying the intent attention in his eyes as he finds the SUV in the rear-view and tracks it.  He waits for one more car to pass.  Then two.  Then he checks his blinds and pops the turn signal: a uey on a city street was a crathead move, to be sure, but cratheads drove in Night City every day.

It's distressingly undramatic - no e-brake turn or squealing of tires.  Cyber eyes never losing the track on the white van his foot lifts from the pedal and their speed drops, a easy brake from thirty kicks per to just shy of twenty and then as the traffic breathes to its own natural rhythm Kat swings the Kuma around, heading upstream and rejoining the pulse of the cities blacktop arteries as it carries them closer to their prey.

Out of Character

Ah!  Apologies, I wasnt trying to roll human perception to get more info from one of the fellow PCs, rather I rolled it to see how badly Kat might have misread the situation he was in as a way to guide my response IC.  He's low EMP and given how socially driven PbP games are it's hard to represent that and still have him be an active, talkative participant - so instead I'm rolling in cases where I, as a player, understand the subtext of whats going on but he might not, and using the roll as a writing prompt: (high means he mostly gets it and I responds normally, low means he misses the mark and then tries to cover for it by being snarky, aggressive or aloof.  In this case he didn't grok the subtext and in response opted to troll the other folks in the car with the "wait, were you flirting" gambit.)

Also, trying for the standard 2-cars behind spy-movie tailing position here.

Cirlot

Cirlot

It's distressingly undramatic - no e-brake turn or squealing of tires.  Cyber eyes never losing the track on the white van his foot lifts from the pedal and their speed drops, a easy brake from thirty kicks per to just shy of twenty and then as the traffic breathes to its own natural rhythm Kat swings the Kuma around, heading upstream and rejoining the pulse of the cities blacktop arteries as it takes them closer to their prey.

Out of Character