DoNotFearToTread

DoNotFearToTread

Quick Stats

HP:   11/11

AC:   15

Init:  -1

PP:   13

Spell Slots: 0/2

Spells: Heroism [D], Sanctuary [D], Command, Cure Wounds, Protection from Good/Evil, Shield of Faith

Conditions:

No Baby, No Cry

As the others settle in for a brief respite, Sulimann picks a corner of the room to put his back to. Dumping the pack off his shoulder and setting the crossbow nearby, he watches Narra's sudden appearance with silent concern. More magic, more strangeness. The whole thing is tolerable, if unsettling, because Shazzar is at least pointing his magics at their enemies. He does his best to put the ache in his muscles out of his mind, still ruminating on Giselle's earlier comment about his condition. His younger self would have balked at the suggestion that he couldn't power through the way he had to in the arena but age and the lasting effects of his injuries have humbled him in recent years. Rummaging through the pack, he finds a cloth wrap of dried meat and nuts and picks at it a bit before offering some to the others.

"If we had a stove in here I'd cook up something proper. A warm meal goes a long way toward a fighting spirit." He rewraps the rations once everyone had accepted or refused the offer, tucking them away and coming out again with a mouth harp. Given all the noise they'd made up to this point, and the way they've secured the room, he find no cause to be silent now. A few practice notes and then he launches into a low, mournful sort of tune that the reedy tones of the harmonica compliment. Once his mouth has gone dry and his that ache has set into his jaw, he tucks the instrument away and turns to Giselle.

"You asked earlier about Eldath. The Green Goddess is not widely known and less-widely worshipped, but I would be happy to tell you more about my faith." If she approves, he takes a seat near her and begins to cover the main aspects of his faith. The core of pacifism and promoting the general welfare is clear, though small comments hint at the conflict of his upbrining. Things like 'if a fight must happen, end it quickly and definitively' speak to his slave-gladiator past. "I still wrestle with the idea that everyone deserves mercy. It is the main reason I left Thay. I couldn't look at a red wizard, knowing what they do to those they deem beneath them, and not feel the anger guiding my actions." His smile is not exactly a comforting thing, all fang-mawed and tusky, but his eyes shine with calm. "I guess I'm on a bit of a pilgrimage to...I don't know...find my center?"

DoNotFearToTread

DoNotFearToTread

Quick Stats

HP:   3/11

AC:   15

Init:  -1

PP:   13

Spell Slots: 0/2

Spells: Heroism [D], Sanctuary [D], Command, Cure Wounds, Protection from Good/Evil, Shield of Faith

Conditions:

No Baby, No Cry

As the others settle in for a brief respite, Sulimann picks a corner of the room to put his back to. Dumping the pack off his shoulder and setting the crossbow nearby, he watches Narra's sudden appearance with silent concern. More magic, more strangeness. The whole thing is tolerable, if unsettling, because Shazzar is at least pointing his magics at their enemies. He does his best to put the ache in his muscles out of his mind, still ruminating on Giselle's earlier comment about his condition. His younger self would have balked at the suggestion that he couldn't power through the way he had to in the arena but age and the lasting effects of his injuries have humbled him in recent years. Rummaging through the pack, he finds a cloth wrap of dried meat and nuts and picks at it a bit before offering some to the others.

"If we had a stove in here I'd cook up something proper. A warm meal goes a long way toward a fighting spirit." He rewraps the rations once everyone had accepted or refused the offer, tucking them away and coming out again with a mouth harp. Given all the noise they'd made up to this point, and the way they've secured the room, he find no cause to be silent now. A few practice notes and then he launches into a low, mournful sort of tune that the reedy tones of the harmonica compliment. Once his mouth has gone dry and his that ache has set into his jaw, he tucks the instrument away and turns to Giselle.

"You asked earlier about Eldath. The Green Goddess is not widely known and less-widely worshipped, but I would be happy to tell you more about my faith." If she approves, he takes a seat near her and begins to cover the main aspects of his faith. The core of pacifism and promoting the general welfare is clear, though small comments hint at the conflict of his upbrining. Things like 'if a fight must happen, end it quickly and definitively' speak to his slave-gladiator past. "I still wrestle with the idea that everyone deserves mercy. It is the main reason I left Thay. I couldn't look at a red wizard, knowing what they do to those they deem beneath them, and not feel the anger guiding my actions." His smile is not exactly a comforting thing, all fang-mawed and tusky, but his eyes shine with calm. "I guess I'm on a bit of a pilgrimage to...I don't know...find my center?"