Edit History

Butchern

Butchern

8 hours ago, BlueTrillium said:

Also I'm not certain how frequent this is, but there's another variation of Ability Score Generation that I run across fairly often personally, that is 4d6 drop lowest reroll 1s (x6). Maybe could optionally add that (if you think it adds any value over what you have already).

I think the roll would be - Ability Score:repeat(reroll(drop(4d6,lowest),1,below),6)

Question: when you are rolling "4d6, drop lowest, reroll 1s" is it customary to only reroll the 1s that are not getting dropped? Or do you reroll the 1s first before you drop the lowest? I think the latter would give you a better numeric result. Is there a customary approach for this?

If you want to reroll the 1s before you drop the lowest, I think the roll would be - Ability Score:repeat(drop(reroll(4d6,1,below),lowest),6)

Butchern

Butchern

8 hours ago, BlueTrillium said:

Also I'm not certain how frequent this is, but there's another variation of Ability Score Generation that I run across fairly often personally, that is 4d6 drop lowest reroll 1s (x6). Maybe could optionally add that (if you think it adds any value over what you have already).

I think the roll would be: Ability Score:repeat(reroll(drop(4d6,lowest),1,below),6)

Question: when you are rolling "4d6, drop lowest, reroll 1s" is it customary to only reroll the 1s that are not getting dropped? Or do you reroll the 1s first before you drop the lowest? I think the latter would give you a better numeric result. Is there a customary approach for this?