Edit History

Dastardly Tristar

Dastardly Tristar

Need to know basis. 

A tour aboard a Solomani cruiser, manning the sensors. Plus the odd cross training with Engineering. 

He's had a few run ins with the unsavory sort in Imperial space, and more pleasant meetings in Solomani theatres. 

8 years posing as an idiot with blue blood from the frontier space of the Third Empire. Politics was all he had to learn, and more. 

None- whiskey, on the rocks. 

Urien remembered the initial discomfort of having to act as though he was born special compared to his fellow peers. The quickness to apologize, the awkwardness of being seated in a chair that had more nett worth than the average Vilani citizen. It was all automation now, ingrained in his bones and muscles. The subtle sneer, a pervasive reminder of superiority that followed in his footsteps. Old habits died hard. Memories, too. 

He sat on a couch, tracing its intricate upholstery and trying not to think too hard about his reasons. He had spent a full year ruminating; if he hadn't found peace by then, Urien needed to act like he had. Astrid curled up on his lap and purring gently comforted the man who, despite his calm and melancholic expression, felt nervous. 

When the knock was heard, his feline compatriot abandoned all pretenses of comradery and placed herself by the feeding station, yowling in agony, at the idea of an empty bowl. Urien walked over to the gentleman, thinking of his next words. Decades of service in SolSec had taught the man the power of words- good or bad, the wrong inflection, poor choices of words - it all meant more than an offended conversational partner the Confederation. Sometimes it meant an internal audit, and a warrant signed by yours truly.

"I will be there after coffee. " he answered, picking up the steaming mug. "Do not worry about Astrid, I will be taking her with me." Before he could interject, a third hand whipped around from beneath Urien's coat, revealing a walking harness for the cat. At the rattle, Astrid's meowing grew louder, batting at Urien's legs. "I know, walkies time. Come on." Urien carried the plate with his left hand, and waved the gentleman away with his third arm, harness and leash swaying lazily. 

Urien didn't eat too much in the end. The rest of it went to Astrid, who made a mess that was the servant's responsibility later. Harness attached and cat wrapped around his shoulders like a giant fur coat, the former agent opened the door of his apartment to the Floating City. "Well," he said to the messenger. "Take me to Oleb."

Dastardly Tristar

Dastardly Tristar

Need to know basis. 

A tour aboard a Solomani cruiser, manning the sensors. Plus the odd cross training with Engineering. 

He's had a few run ins with the unsavory sort in Imperial space, and more pleasant meetings in Solomani theatres. 

8 years posing as an idiot with blue blood from the frontier space of the Third Empire. Politics was all he had to learn, and more. 

Urien remembered the initial discomfort of having to act as though he was born special compared to his fellow peers. The quickness to apologize, the awkwardness of being seated in a chair that had more nett worth than the average Vilani citizen. It was all automation now, ingrained in his bones and muscles. The subtle sneer, a pervasive reminder of superiority that followed in his footsteps. Old habits died hard. Memories, too. 

He sat on a couch, tracing its intricate upholstery and trying not to think too hard about his reasons. He had spent a full year ruminating; if he hadn't found peace by then, Urien needed to act like he had. Astrid curled up on his lap and purring gently comforted the man who, despite his calm and melancholic expression, felt nervous. 

When the knock was heard, his feline compatriot abandoned all pretenses of comradery and placed herself by the feeding station, yowling in agony, at the idea of an empty bowl. Urien walked over to the gentleman, thinking of his next words. Decades of service in SolSec had taught the man the power of words- good or bad, the wrong inflection, poor choices of words - it all meant more than an offended conversational partner the Confederation. Sometimes it meant an internal audit, and a warrant signed by yours truly.

"I'll be there after coffee. " he answered, picking up the steaming mug. "Don't worry about Astrid, I'll be taking her with me." Before he could interject, a third hand whipped around from beneath Urien's coat, revealing a walking harness for the cat. At the rattle, Astrid's meowing grew louder, batting at Urien's legs. "I know, walkies time. C'mon." Urien carried the plate with his left hand, and waved the gentleman away with his third arm, harness and leash swaying lazily. 

Urien didn't eat too much in the end. The rest of it went to Astrid, who made a mess that was the servant's responsibility later. Harness attached and cat wrapped around his shoulders like a giant fur coat, the former agent opened the door of his apartment to the Floating City. "Well," he said to the messenger. "Take me to Oleb."

Dastardly Tristar

Dastardly Tristar

Need to know basis. 

"I'll be there after coffee. " he answered, picking up the steaming mug. "Don't worry about Astrid, I'll be taking her with me." Before he could interject, a third hand whipped around from beneath Urien's coat, revealing a walking harness for the cat. At the rattle, Astrid's meowing grew louder, batting at Urien's legs. "I know, walkies time. C'mon." Urien carried the plate with his left hand, and waved the gentleman away with his third arm, harness and leash swaying lazily.