Edit History

Emmettmcglynn

Emmettmcglynn

Mahan considers the offer - if it was an offer - for only a scant second before nodding. Truth be told, he'd heard the rumors of the call for volunteers but had discarded it as just the spinning of the mill. However, if it was true and a warship of Drinax was going to be staffed entirely by foreigners, then that would just be galling. With a nod and a serious expression, he voices his assent.

"Of course, my lord. I'll have my kit stowed and be ready to ship out before noon." He takes a sip of the Sindalian brandy, savoring the rare flavor and its combination with the cigar smoke. "If I may, do you know the mercenaries I will be serving alongside? For that matter, what mission is so critical that it needs a vessel from the Star Guard yet can't be entrusted to our own crews?"

Emmettmcglynn

Emmettmcglynn

Mahan considers the offer - if it was an offer - for only a scant second before nodding. Truth be told, he'd heard the rumors of the call for volunteers but had discarded it as just the spinning of the mill. However, if it was true and a warship of Drinax was going to be staffed entirely by foreigners, then that would just be galling. With a nod and a serious expression, he voices his assent.

"Of course, my lord. I'll have my kit stowed and be ready to ship out before noon." He takes a sip of the Sindalian brandy, savoring the rare flavor and its combination with the cigar smoke. "If I may, do you know who I will be serving alongside? Or at least their place of origin."