Edit History

Sneaksby

Sneaksby

Idly feeling the texture and contours of the butler's thoughts, Kesper decided this was a good fellow who knew his place well in the order of the Palace. In deference to the butler's admirable focus on his duties, Kesper only paused to snatch up a finger sandwich (which he cramed into his mouth in one go) and take a small drink before nodding at the man to continue on.

It was an unpleasant surprise to spot a familiar face upon arrival. Urien Konicek. Solomani Security. Rank, Captain. Remembered details tick off in his mind as his gaze rakes over the man. SolSec was similar in its own way to the esteemed Tavrchedl' or their less reputable Tozjabr cousins - if one was inclined to compare a butcher's cleaver to a finely honed scalpel. But the presence of a foreign agent was troubling regardless, assuming his affiliation was unchanged.

"I'm no longer a member of the Guard, so I'm hoping to enter the King's service. More honorable than mercenary work, hopefully not as boring as retirement or the civilian sector."

His claim was technically true, even if he left out details. Certainly if one made an inquiry with the Consulate they'd find that Kesper was no longer on the roster. Officially, he was honorably discharged - voluntary redundancy, surplus to requirements, etc. etc.

He was just about to echo Urien's question back to him when the Herald began to speak. The pointed accusation of tardiness was met with an expression of utmost innocence on Kesper's part.

"Regretfully, I don't."

Sneaksby

Sneaksby

Idly feeling the texture and contours of the butler's thoughts, Kesper decided this was a good fellow who knew his place well in the order of the Palace. In deference to the butler's admirable focus on his duties, Kesper only pauses to snatch up a finger sandwich (which he crams into his mouth in one go) and takes a small drink before nodding at the man to continue on.

It was an unpleasant surprise to spot a familiar face upon arrival. Urien Konicek. Solomani Security. Rank, Captain. Remembered details tick off in his mind as his gaze rakes over the man. SolSec was similar in its own way to the esteemed Tavrchedl' or their less reputable Tozjabr cousins - if one was inclined to compare a butcher's cleaver to a finely honed scalpel. But the presence of a foreign agent was troubling regardless, assuming his affiliation was unchanged.

"I'm no longer a member of the Guard, so I'm hoping to enter the King's service. More honorable than mercenary work, hopefully not as boring as retirement or the civilian sector."

His claim was technically true, even if he left out details. Certainly if one made an inquiry with the Consulate they'd find that Kesper was no longer on the roster. Officially, he was honorably discharged - voluntary redundancy, surplus to requirements, etc. etc.

He was just about to echo Urien's question back to him when the Herald began to speak. The pointed accusation of tardiness is met with an expression of utmost innocence on Kesper's part.

"Regretfully, I don't."