Edit History

DJ P4NTSL3SS

DJ P4NTSL3SS

Urien, Dawappa, Lindsey, Eirene, Kesperziaiepr, Mahan
The Royal Hangar

The Lord-Admiral addresses many of these concerns as they are raised with the sort staccato precision one might expect of a military officer.

First, Lindsey, "Ion cannon fire, and a close detonation of a bomb-dumped torpedo. Most of her crew were dead before they likely realized what was happening. At least for the most part. As for traps or surprises," He squeezes his gloved hands behind his back, "we are not simple amateurs, Miss Zhukova. Don't let the size of the force fool you as to its capabilities - as I'm sure Mr. Mahan will readily attest." With that he gives the fellow Drinaxian a pointed look.

When the aforementioned officer speaks, there is an almost imperceptible shift in his mannerisms. While Mahan may be of a lower rank, he is a peer in good standing all the same, "The naming is entirely yours to decide, Mr. Mahan. I have been given explicit instructions that once I step from the ramp of this vessel, it is yours until I am otherwise informed." He seems rankled just relaying the message.

Urien is the next focus of the Admiral's attention. Though Astrid, in her curiosities, earns a mindful wide step to pass over and grant her space as he paces the cargo bay, "As for the ship's registry, you will be independently flagged. We do not possess the resources to reliably mask you as the agents of another polity, nor the inclination to have this vessel flying under Drinaxian colors. Yet. Any such resources must be acquired by your own hand, and used with similarly sourced judgement. Which, I am told by His Majesty, you are all quite capable in that regard."

Eirene is given a look over the Admiral's shoulder until his pacing allows him to more properly turn and face her without breaking stride, "Rest assured, Ms. Kovačević, that our lord's intentions are only for success. Regardless of what that might look like to any of us. As for christening of the ship? Well, I suppose for now that responsibility falls to the lot of you." He once more motions to Mahan, "Mr. Mahan can surely provide instruction if you wish to go about things in a proper, Sindalian, fashion."

Dwap earns a curious look, though an appropriate bow is quickly returned as protocol would demand, before he steps aside to allow the short amphibian free passage, "Indeed it is. Thank you for noticing. I'm certain the engineers appreciate the eye for detail." His tone actually lightens at that, "The finest minds of the Scholar's Tower have set to work for quite some time, restoring this vessel to even the state you see now." And then perhaps not as 'under his breath' as he realizes, he mutters, "And before long, it will be given proper place."

Though Kesper earns a hard stare. The sort of thing that might melt through the bulkhead of a Zhodani warship, were Kesper to trade places with such a vessel, "And this is the humor that won the Consulate the Spinward Marches, Colonel? Or perhaps it is why the Imperial Navy is so confident to hold it again come the next conflict?" He tenses up for a moment. Draws a deep breath. Visibly un-clenches his jaw. And then continues, "You do not need to appreciate Sindalian art and history, perhaps. But I would remind you that His Majesty has tasked you all with restoring this vessel to such standards. So I'd highly recommend finding such an appreciation. For the sake of your comfort while aboard, if nothing else."

He surveys all of you, "As Mr. Mahan has said: restoration of Drinax is only one part of your charge. The restoration of the tool by which the you will do it is another. A quick tour of the ship will follow, and then you are to set yourselves to your mission."

In the distance, echoing  through the cavernous walls of the hangar, you can all start to hear the faint sound of jingling and music.

DJ P4NTSL3SS

DJ P4NTSL3SS

The Royal Hangar

The Lord-Admiral addresses many of these concerns as they are raised with the sort staccato precision one might expect of a military officer.

First, Lindsey, "Ion cannon fire, and a close detonation of a bomb-dumped torpedo. Most of her crew were dead before they likely realized what was happening. At least for the most part. As for traps or surprises," He squeezes his gloved hands behind his back, "we are not simple amateurs, Miss Zhukova. Don't let the size of the force fool you as to its capabilities - as I'm sure Mr. Mahan will readily attest." With that he gives the fellow Drinaxian a pointed look.

When the aforementioned officer speaks, there is an almost imperceptible shift in his mannerisms. While Mahan may be of a lower rank, he is a peer in good standing all the same, "The naming is entirely yours to decide, Mr. Mahan. I have been given explicit instructions that once I step from the ramp of this vessel, it is yours until I am otherwise informed." He seems rankled just relaying the message.

Urien is the next focus of the Admiral's attention. Though Astrid, in her curiosities, earns a mindful wide step to pass over and grant her space as he paces the cargo bay, "As for the ship's registry, you will be independently flagged. We do not possess the resources to reliably mask you as the agents of another polity, nor the inclination to have this vessel flying under Drinaxian colors. Yet. Any such resources must be acquired by your own hand, and used with similarly sourced judgement. Which, I am told by His Majesty, you are all quite capable in that regard."

Eirene is given a look over the Admiral's shoulder until his pacing allows him to more properly turn and face her without breaking stride, "Rest assured, Ms. Kovačević, that our lord's intentions are only for success. Regardless of what that might look like to any of us. As for christening of the ship? Well, I suppose for now that responsibility falls to the lot of you." He once more motions to Mahan, "Mr. Mahan can surely provide instruction if you wish to go about things in a proper, Sindalian, fashion."

Dwap earns a curious look, though an appropriate bow is quickly returned as protocol would demand, before he steps aside to allow the short amphibian free passage, "Indeed it is. Thank you for noticing. I'm certain the engineers appreciate the eye for detail." His tone actually lightens at that, "The finest minds of the Scholar's Tower have set to work for quite some time, restoring this vessel to even the state you see now." And then perhaps not as 'under his breath' as he realizes, he mutters, "And before long, it will be given proper place."

Though Kesper earns a hard stare. The sort of thing that might melt through the bulkhead of a Zhodani warship, were Kesper to trade places with such a vessel, "And this is the humor that won the Consulate the Spinward Marches, Colonel? Or perhaps it is why the Imperial Navy is so confident to hold it come the next conflict?" He tenses up for a moment. Draws a deep breath. Visibly un-clenches his jaw. And then continues, "You do not need to appreciate Sindalian art and history, perhaps. But I would remind you that His Majesty has tasked you all with restoring this vessel to such standards. So I'd highly recommend finding such an appreciation. For the sake of your comfort while aboard, if nothing else."

He surveys all of you, "As Mr. Mahan has said: restoration of Drinax is only one part of your charge. The restoration of the tool by which the you will do it is another. A quick tour of the ship will follow, and then you are to set yourselves to your mission."

In the distance, echoing  through the cavernous walls of the hangar, you can all start to hear the faint sound of jingling and music.

DJ P4NTSL3SS

DJ P4NTSL3SS

The Royal Palace Throne Room

Though Kesper earns a hard stare. The sort of thing that might melt through the bulkhead of a Zhodani warship, were Kesper to trade places with such a vessel, "And this is the humor that won the Consulate the Spinward Marches, Colonel? Or perhaps it is why the Imperial Navy is so confident to hold it come the next conflict?" He tenses up for a moment. Draws a deep breath. Visibly un-clenches his jaw. And then continues, "You do not need to appreciate Sindalian art and history, perhaps. But I would remind you that His Majesty has tasked you all with restoring this vessel to such standards. So I'd highly recommend finding such an appreciation. For the sake of your comfort while aboard, if nothing else."

DJ P4NTSL3SS

DJ P4NTSL3SS

The Royal Palace Throne Room

When the aforementioned officer speaks, there is an almost imperceptible shift in his mannerisms. While Mahan may be of a lower rank, he is a peer in good standing all the same, "The naming is entirely yours to decide, Mr. Mahan. I have been given explicit instructions that once I step from the ramp of this vessel, it is yours until I am otherwise informed." He seems rankled, even just relaying the message now.