Danuše - Changeling Warlock/Rogue

Grendel

spacer.pngName:  Danuše, also Voski and Vüqar

Race: Changeling | Sex:  fluid

Alignment: CG | Background: Haunted One

Class: Warlock 1 / Rogue 1 | Subclass: Great Old One Patron/Swashbuckler

Personality:  "I refuse to become a victim, and I will not allow others to be victimized."

Ideal:  "I try to help those in need, no matter what the personal cost. "

Bonds:  "I would sacrifice my life and my soul to protect the innocent."

Flaw:  "I expect the worst in people."

Proficiency Bonus:  +2  | Passive Perception: 12  |  Passive Investigation: 13  |  Move: 30 ft

AC:  15  |  Max. HP:  15  |  Initiative:  +2  |  Inspiration:  0  |  Mage Armor

Spell Save DC:  13  |  Spell Attack Modifier:  +5

Score  |  Value  |  Bonus  |  Save

STR    |   08     |    -1      |  -1

DEX    |   14     |   +2      |  +2

CON   |   10     |   +0      |  +0

INT    |   13     |   +1      |  +1

WIS   |   14     |    +2     |  +4*

CHA   |   17     |    +3     |  +5*

Skills

DEX (Acrobatics) +2

WIS (Animal Handling) +2

INT (Arcana) +3

STR (Athletics)  -1

CHA (Deception)  +5

INT (History)  +1

WIS (Insight)  +2

CHA (Intimidation)  +3

INT (Investigation)  +3

WIS (Medicine)  +2

INT (Nature)  +1

WIS (Perception) +2

CHA (Performance)  +2

CHA (Persuasion)  +4

INT (Religion)  +3

DEX (Sleight of Hand) +2

DEX (Stealth)*  +6

WIS (Survival)  +4

Other Proficiencies

Light Armor, Simple Weapons, Thieves' Tools (x2)

Languages:  Abyssal, Common, Primordial, Sylvan, Thieves’ Cant

Actions in Combat:  Attack, Cast a Spell, Dash, Disengage, Dodge, Grapple, Help, Hide, Improvise, Ready, Search, Shove, Use an Object

Attack Actions

Eldritch Blast  +5 To-Hit, 120 ft range, 1d10 force damage, V/S

Dagger  +4 To-Hit, 20 ft. Range thrown, 1d4+2 piercing damage, Finesse, Light, Thrown

Short Bow  +4 To-Hit, 80ft./320ft. Range, 1d6+2 piercing damage, Ammunition, Range, Two-Handed

Unarmed Strike  +1 To-Hit, 0 bludgeoning damage

Bonus Action in Combat:  Two-Weapon Fighting

Reaction:  Hellish Rebuke, 1st level spell

Other Action:

Shapechange

As an action, you can change your appearance and voice. You determine the specifics, including your coloration, hair length, sex, height, weight, and can change your size between Medium and Small. You can look like another race, though none of your game statistics change.

You can’t duplicate the appearance of an individual you’ve never seen, and your form must have the same basic arrangement of limbs that you have. Your clothing and equipment aren’t changed by this trait.

You stay in the new form until you use an action to revert or until you die.

Equipment

Leather armor, two daggers, arcane focus, quarterstaff, handaxe, backpack, crowbar, small hammer, 10 pitons, 13 torches, 2 tinderboxes, a waterskin, a flask of oil, a flask of holy water, a set of manacles, a holy symbol, 3 wooden stakes. (She tossed/left behind the extra crowbar and the chest.)

Pack Contents Explanation

Received a Dungeaoneer's pack from her class and the Monster Hunter's pack from her background. The latter represents things acquired from Valerie, priestess of Tymora, who raised her.

Dungeoneer's pack originally included: a backpack, a crowbar, a ham mer, 1 0 pitons, 1 0 torches, a tinderbox, 1 0 days of rations, and a waterskin. The pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it.

Monster Hunter's Pack originally included: includes a chest, a crowbar, a hammer, three wooden stakes, a holy symbol, a flask of holy water, a set of manacles, a steel mirror, a flask of oil, a tinderbox, and 3 torches.

Background (

WIP)

Danuše was a foundling, abandoned by the well of the village where they were raised, in Calimshan.  Their washed-out and nearly featureless appearance marked them as a changeling and most of the villagers wanted nothing to do with the fey and left them there to die.  But Valerie, the priestess to Tymora, took pity on them and adopted them.  Once Danuše learned how to control the shapeshifting that is their birthright, Valerie encouraged them to develop a fixed persona, someone to be around the other villagers and so Danuše the girl was ‘born.’  She learned from Valerie her moral compass and values, caring for others first; and also how to stand up for herself. 

Over time Danuše’s natural mischievousness revealed itself, but she didn’t want to tarnish her reputation or Valerie’s, so she created the Voski persona, a rakish rogue, handsome and daring.  Voski is Danuše’s outlet for their more chaotic tendencies and needs, while Danuše is more thoughtful.  Eventually, the village grew too small for them and Valerie encouraged them to seek out their origin in the wide world.   It was out there, while exploring in Port Nyanzaru, that Voski had the opportunity to steal a book.  A book bound in some black material, not normal leather; a book that whispered to them as they carried it unseen through the streets.  Once hidden away, they opened the book and made contact with Something from beyond reckoning, an entity so far removed from the known world that good, evil, intelligence, such words had no meaning.  It offered them a tiny fraction of its power, and yet almost too much for them to manage, and only asked that they commune with it from time to time and share experiences.

Now, as a rule, the commune with The Great Old One, which has no other name, as Danuše; and when carousing or dueling, as Voski.  They are working on some more personas, like clothing or outfits, though perhaps not as complex as those two.  Not yet.

Edited by Grendel
Soft Deleting, still there if I need them later. (see edit history)
Name
Hit Points Roll
1d8 2

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Up to Level 3, taking another level in Warlock.

One new spell known, level 1 or 2

One more spell slot (both level 2)

Two Eldritch Invocations: Armor of Shadows (can cast Mage Armor at Will on self), Eldritch Sight (can cast Detect Magic at will)

Cantrips Known: Eldritch Blast, Prestidigitation

Spells Known: Hellish Rebuke (1), Arms of Hadar (1), Dissonant Whispers (1)

Edited by Grendel (see edit history)
Name
Hit Points
1d8 5