Edit History

rogueblade0729

rogueblade0729

I am willing to compromise for the situation, however. You all should probably have unlit torches, right? Well, if you want, you can salvage 1 torch to turn 3 arrows into fire arrows. You'll need to make either a Dexterity or an Intelligence ability check to craft them. Given the nature of the task, it's a DC 10. If you're proficient with any relevant tools, or with the Sleight of Hand skill, you can add your proficiency modifier to the ability check.

We will use these stats for fire arrows, as they make sense to me: https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Fire_Arrows_(20)_(5e_Equipment)

Also, a failure doesn't mean you break the arrow or lose the materials or whatever. You're basically just measuring out how much cloth you need, then wrapping it around the arrow; probably not a high chance of breaking or losing anything. It just means you make an unbalanced (too much material, disadvantage on attack rolls) or ineffective (too little material, only 1 extra fire damage) fire arrow.

If you attempt this during a short or long rest, you can skip the ability check and auto-craft it, since you're taking your time and double-checking to get it right.

rogueblade0729

rogueblade0729

I am willing to compromise for the situation, however. You all should probably have unlit torches, right? Well, if you want, you can salvage 1 torch to turn 4 arrows into fire arrows. You'll need to make either a Dexterity or an Intelligence ability check to craft them. Given the nature of the task, it's a DC 10. If you're proficient with any relevant tools, or with the Sleight of Hand skill, you can add your proficiency modifier to the ability check.

We will use these stats for fire arrows, as they make sense to me: https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Fire_Arrows_(20)_(5e_Equipment)

Also, a failure doesn't mean you break the arrow or lose the materials or whatever. You're basically just measuring out how much cloth you need, then wrapping it around the arrow; probably not a high chance of breaking or losing anything. It just means you make an unbalanced (too much material, disadvantage on attack rolls) or ineffective (too little material, only 1 extra fire damage) fire arrow.

If you attempt this during a short or long rest, you can skip the ability check and auto-craft it, since you're taking your time and double-checking to get it right.

rogueblade0729

rogueblade0729

I am willing to compromise for the situation, however. You all should probably have unlit torches, right? Well, if you want, you can salvage 1 torch to turn 4 arrows into fire arrows. You'll need to make either a Dexterity or an Intelligence ability check to craft them. Given the nature of the task, it's a DC 10. If you're proficient with any relevant tools, or with the Sleight of Hand skill, you can add your proficiency modifier to the ability check.