OGMW Character Sheet

Basic Information

• Race: Human (Variant)
  • Height: 6'1" | Weight: 210 lbs.
  • Alignment: Good
  • Background: Cloistered Scholar
  • Class: Cleric (Domain of Life)

Personality

• Trait: I'm willing to listen to every side of an argument before I make my own judgment.
  • Trait: I'm used to helping out those who aren't as smart as I am, and I patiently explain anything and everything to others.
  • Ideal: Beauty. What is beautiful points us beyond itself toward what is true. (Good)
  • Bond: My life's work is a series of tomes related to a specific field of lore.
  • Flaw: I speak without really thinking through my words, invariably insulting others

Macarius' Backstory

Evil must be smitten, don't get me wrong. But, you know, smiting is such hard work.
Better to leave it to the chaps who are best at it. Now, if you'd like to know the
difference between a nararoot tea and a Calimport blend, I'm your man.

A child, thought lost
When he was a seven-year-old boy in the fields of the Dalelands, Brother Macarius was lost to the Feywild. He spent subjective years with the Fey, taking the interest of many of the creatures, for he was an intense boy with an innate sense of justice. He would talk, guilelessly and with pure abandon, about any subject that took his fancy. He frequently confounded any schemes he was caught up in, because of his artlessness.

A protector, and a patron?
He caught the eye of a particular greater fey, Fionnghula, who despite her nature came to regard the boy with some affection. She taught him healing arts, and how to make things whole. She taught him of beauty, and the sweetness and goodness inherent in it.

Unfortunately, she was caught in a long-running feud with some Unseelie nobles, creatures of the Raven Queen. So she also taught him of the evils of the world, and those who would rather destroy than heal. She showed him the Shadowfell. She showed him undead abominations. And through her teachings, he became obsessed with light and dark, shadow play, illusion magic. He had no talent for it - he found he abhorred the deceit inherent in it. He could not stand it any longer: he began to look for ways to return to the mortal realm.

A return
He doesn't know how he came back to Faerun. He lay down one evening in an empty wooded glade, and woke up the next morning in front of a small country temple of Lathander. He was taken in by the temple, and taught the blessings of the sunrise. He quickly adapted his talents into the framework provided by the Morninglord. He never lost his innate sense of justice, and right and wrong, and honesty. He recently received his ordination, and has now begun his wanderings with the intent to shine a light in the dark of night.

About The Player

Who am I as a player?
I started off in D&D 3.5 - I've been playing D&D for a while. I've played many different character types, many different settings, and many different scenarios. I've learned how to adapt to the fiction in the game, to the rules that govern the game, and to the interpersonal mechanics that operate within the group.

I've been known to ask for rules clarifications when I'm genuinely confused, but I also always defer to the GM. Once the GM has ruled on my inquiry, the matter is done as far as I'm concerned. No hard feelings, regardless of whether the ruling favors me or not.

Why do I want to play this game?
Ravenloft and its 5E incarnation Curse of Strahd are known to have a compelling story. I would like to see that story through, while giving my own touch on it since I'd be playing in it, hopefully.

I will admit that I have played a portion of this game before, but I have never gotten far into the village of Barovia before the game fell apart. I would like to progress the story some more, if I can.

Why do I think that I'd be a good fit for this game?
Themes and role-playing are important to me, and those things are important to this particular adventure. I can play to the darkness and corruption of the setting, and I know well enough to separate role-playing from real-life interactions. I'm aware that my character might be thrown down a path that I hadn't planned for them - such is life in Barovia, after all - and I know that I can roll with such things, adjusting as necessary and never taking them personally.

Do I have any Lines & Veils?
No, I have none - I'll roll with whatever the game will throw at me. That said, I will respect any Lines and Veils that are identified for the game.

♠  ♠  ♠

Edited by GreysonWulffe (see edit history)

spacer.png

Brother Macarius
Cleric of the Morninglord

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Proin fermentum leo vel orci porta non pulvinar. Orci a scelerisque purus semper eget. Pellentesque dignissim enim sit amet venenatis urna cursus eget nunc. Aliquet nec ullamcorper sit amet risus nullam eget felis eget. Non sodales neque sodales ut etiam sit amet. Nisl vel pretium lectus quam id. Vivamus arcu felis bibendum ut tristique et egestas quis ipsum. Eu facilisis sed odio morbi quis commodo. Magna etiam tempor orci eu. Eu turpis egestas pretium aenean pharetra magna ac placerat.

Auctor eu augue ut lectus arcu. Nulla facilisi nullam vehicula ipsum. Odio morbi quis commodo odio aenean sed adipiscing diam. Duis ut diam quam nulla porttitor massa id. Non pulvinar neque laoreet suspendisse interdum consectetur libero. Nullam ac tortor vitae purus. Eget magna fermentum iaculis eu non diam. In hac habitasse platea dictumst quisque sagittis. Faucibus in ornare quam viverra orci sagittis. Et pharetra pharetra massa massa ultricies mi quis hendrerit dolor. Condimentum mattis pellentesque id nibh tortor id. Viverra mauris in aliquam sem fringilla ut. In metus vulputate eu scelerisque. Vitae suscipit tellus mauris a diam maecenas sed. Fringilla ut morbi tincidunt augue. Ut enim blandit volutpat maecenas volutpat blandit aliquam. Praesent tristique magna sit amet purus gravida quis blandit turpis. Augue neque gravida in fermentum et sollicitudin ac. Tincidunt ornare massa eget egestas purus.

Stat Block

Brother Macarius (MW Sheet)
Male Human Cloistered-Scholar Cleric (Life Domain) 3

hp 24/24 • AC 18 (Chain, Shield) • Speed 30
HD 3d8 • Proficiency +2 • Initiative +1 • Senses Passive Perception 15

STR 13 (+1)  •  DEX 8 (-1)  •  CON 15 (+2)  •  INT 10 (+0)  •  WIS 16 (+3)  •  CHA 12 (+1)

Saves Wis +5, Cha +3
Skills Arcana +2, History +2, Insight +5, Perception +5, Religion +2
Languages Common, Celestial, Elvish, Sylvan
Proficiencies All Armors, Shields, Simple Weapons
Features Library AccessThough others must often endure extensive interviews and significant fees to gain access to even the most common archives in your library, you have free and easy access to the majority of the library, though it might also have repositories of lore that are too valuable, magical, or secret to permit anyone immediate access.

You have a working knowledge of your cloister's personnel and bureaucracy, and you know how to navigate those connections with some ease.

Additionally, you are likely to gain preferential treatment at other libraries across the Realms, as professional courtesy shown to a fellow scholar.
Magic Initiate (Druid)You learn two cantrips of your choice from the Druid's spell list. In addition, choose one 1st-level spell to learn from that same list. Using this feat, you can cast the spell once at its lowest level, and you must finish a long rest before you can cast it in this way again. Your spellcasting ability for these spells is Wisdom.
◘ Cantrips: Produce Flame, Shape Water
◘ 1st: Goodberry
• Channel DivinityYou start with two such effects: Turn Undead and an effect determined by your domain. When you use your Channel Divinity, you choose which effect to create. You must then finish a short or long rest to use your Channel Divinity again. Some Channel Divinity effects require saving throws. When you use such an effect from this class, the DC equals your cleric spell save DC.

1/1 use left
(Preserve LifeAs an action, you present your holy symbol and evoke healing energy that can restore a number of hit points equal to 5 times your Cleric level. Choose any creatures within 30 feet of you, and divide those hit points among them. This feature can restore a creature to no more than half of its hit point maximum. You can't use this feature on undead or constructs., Turn UndeadAs an action, you present your holy symbol and speak a prayer censuring the undead. Each undead that can see or hear you within 30 feet of you must make a Wisdom saving throw. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is turned for 1 minute or until it takes any damage.

A turned creature must spend its turns trying to move as far away from you as it can, and it can't willingly move to a space within 30 feet of you. It also can't take reactions. For its action, it can use only the Dash action or try to escape from an effect that prevents it from moving. If there's nowhere to move, the creature can use the Dodge action.
), Disciple of LifeYour healing spells are more effective. Whenever you use a spell of 1st level or higher to restore hit points to a creature, the creature regains additional hit points equal to 2 + the spell's level.

Spell Attacks

• Sacred Flame : Spell 60; Dex save (1 target); 1d8 radiant
  • Word of Radiance : Spell 5; Con save (multiple targets); 1d6 radiant
  • Produce Flame : Ranged Spell 30; +5 to hit; 1d8 fire

Weapon Attacks

• Mace : Melee; +3 to hit; 1d6+1 bludgeoning
  • Dagger : Melee; +3 to hit; 1d4+1 piercing; light, thrown 20/60

Cleric Magic
Spell Attack +5, Spell Save DC 13

• Cantrips: GuidanceDivination cantrip

Casting Time: 1 action
    Range: Touch
    Components: V, S
    Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute

You touch one willing creature. Once before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to one ability check of its choice. It can roll the die before or after making the ability check. The spell then ends.
    , Sacred FlameEvocation cantrip

Range: 60 feet
    Duration: Instantaneous

Flame-like radiance descends on a creature that you can see within range. The target must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw or take 1d8 radiant damage. The target gains no benefit from cover for this saving throw.

At Higher Levels: The spell’s damage increases by 1d8 when you reach 5th level (2d8), 11th level (3d8), and 17th level (4d8).
    , Word Of RadianceEvocation cantrip

Range: 5 feet
    Components: V, M (a holy symbol)

You utter a divine word, and burning radiance erupts from you. Each creature of your choice that you can see within range must succeed on a Constitution saving throw or take 1d6 radiant damage.

At Higher Levels: The spell’s damage increases by 1d6 when you reach 5th level (2d6), 11th level (3d6), and 17th level (4d6).
  • 1st (4/4): Bless1st-level enchantment

Range: 30 feet
    Components: V, S, M (a sprinkling of holy water)
    Duration: Concentration, up to 1 minute

You bless up to three creatures of your choice within range. Whenever a target makes an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the attack roll or saving throw.

At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, you can target one additional creature for each slot level above 1st.
    , Cure Wounds1st-level evocation

Target: A creature you touch
    Components: V S

A creature you touch regains a number of hit points equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the Healing increases by 1d8 for each slot level above 1st.
    Guiding Bolt, Healing Word, Protection From Evil & Good, Sanctuary, Shield Of Faith
  • 2nd (2/2): Lesser Restoration2nd-level abjuration

You touch a creature and can end either one disease or one condition afflicting it. The condition can be blinded, deafened, paralyzed, or poisoned.
    , Spiritual Weapon2nd-level evocation

Casting Time: 1 bonus action
    Range: 60 feet
    Target: See text
    Duration: 1 minute

You create a floating, spectral weapon within range that lasts for the duration or until you cast this spell again. When you cast the spell, you can make a melee spell attack against a creature within 5 feet of the weapon. On a hit, the target takes force damage equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. As a bonus action on your turn, you can move the weapon up to 20 feet and repeat the attack against a creature within 5 feet of it. The weapon can take whatever form you choose. Clerics of deities who are associated with a particular weapon (as St. Cuthbert is known for his mace and Thor for his hammer) make this spell’s effect resemble that weapon.

At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot 3rd level of or higher, the damage increases by 1d8 for every two slot levels above the 2nd.
    Enhance Ability

Magic Initiate (Druid)
Spell Attack +5, Spell Save DC 13

• Cantrips: Produce FlameCantrip conjuration

Range: Self
    Target: Self or a creature within 30 feet of you
    Duration: 10 minutes

A flickering flame appears in your hand. The flame remains there for the duration and harms neither you nor your equipment. The flame sheds bright light in a 10-foot radius and dim light for an additional 10 feet. The spell ends if you dismiss it as an action or if you cast it again.

You can also attack with the flame, although doing so ends the spell. When you cast this spell, or as an action on a later turn, you can hurl the flame at a creature within 30 feet of you. Make a ranged spell attack. On a hit, the target takes 1d8 fire damage.
    , Shape WaterTransmutation cantrip

Range: 30 feet
    Components: S
    Duration: Instantaneous or 1 hour

You choose an area of water that you can see within range and that fits within a 5-foot cube. You manipulate it in one of the following ways:

● You instantaneously move or otherwise change the flow of the water as you direct, up to 5 feet in any direction. This movement doesn’t have enough force to cause damage.
    ● You cause the water to form into simple shapes and animate at your direction. This change lasts for 1 hour.
    ● You change the water’s color or opacity. The water must be changed in the same way throughout. This change lasts for 1 hour.
    ● You freeze the water, provided that there are no creatures in it. The water unfreezes in 1 hour.

If you cast this spell multiple times, you can have no more than two of its non-instantaneous effects active at a time, and you can dismiss such an effect as an action.
  • 1st (1/1): Goodberry1st-level transmutation

Components: V, S, M (a sprig of mistletoe)

Up to ten berries appear in your hand and are infused with magic for the duration. A creature can use its action to eat one berry. Eating a berry restores 1 hit point, and the berry provides enough nourishment to sustain a creature for one day.

The berries lose their potency if they have not been consumed within 24 hours of the casting of this spell.

Edited by GreysonWulffe (see edit history)