Karn Strauss, Elven Bard

yxanthymir

Karn Strauss

"Enjoy the Moment."

spacer.png

Character Sheet

Main Concept

Name: Karn Strauss

Character Concept: Amnesiac elf from noble birth, that worked as a tax collector.

Class, Race, Background: Bard (Lore), River Elf, Noble

Additional Concept

Description: A tall and handsome elf, with jet black hair, with a noble semblance. A scar shaped as a claw mark at his back.

Origin: Unknown

Backstory:

Karn Strauss didn't remember his real name or most of his past. One day, a decade from now, we woke up bloody, almost dead, on top of a baby cradle inside the house of the mayor of a small town, called Innsbruck. How he ended up there was a mystery. Never explained.

His memory was foggy and only held small fragments of his early life. Some items that were with him when he was found, pointed him to be possibly a rich person. He was dressed in fine and expensive clothes, and with a lyre that was a marvelous work of elven art. On the lyre, engraved in golden letters, the name K. Strauss, which was adopted as his name, although none could be certain.

He ended up gaining the trust of the mayor Harthor. Through flattery, his innate charisma, and a keen mind, he gained a job at the small town. The coveted job by plenty of tax collector. He fulfilled this job for many years, using the long and boring days, where he did almost nothing other than fulfill his pleasures: music, knowledge and the carnal pleasures. Until the mayor finally died of old age, and he became unemployed. He tried to assume the same post of the next mayor, but the new mayor was a major rival of the previous one, and he was heavily armored against his flattery and sweet words.

One life already lost. He became a devoted member of a particular line of thought of a wise sage, that preached that one person should enjoy the present, before it was past, because life was brief, beauty was perishable and death was certain. Mostly because his teachings allowed Karn Strauss to live his life as every day was his last one on this flat world, and that line of thought aligned perfectly with his own thoughts and behavior. The end could come anytime, so it was better to be prepared for it and have left no desire unfulfilled.

He hit the road in search of a new place to live and eventually he ended up at the town of Redtower.

Traits:

Personality: 

• My eloquent flattery makes everyone I talk to feel like the most wonderful and important person in the world.
  • No one could doubt by looking at my regal bearing that I am a cut above the unwashed masses.

Ideal:

• Respect is due to me because of my position, but all people regardless of station deserve to be treated with dignity.

Bonds:

• My loyalty to my sovereign is unwavering.

Flaws:

• I have an insatiable desire for carnal pleasures.

Edited by yxanthymir (see edit history)

spacer.png

Karn Strauss  | AC: 13 | HP: 9/9 | Hit dice: 1d8

AttacksRapier (Piercing) | +4 | 1d8+2
Dagger (piercing) | +4 | 1d4+2
  | SavesStr 0 | Dex +4 | Con +1 | Int +0 | Wis +1 | Cha +5  | CantripsMage Hand
Minor Illusion
Vicious Mockery
  | 1st Level SpellsBane
Color Spray
Faerie Fire
Heroism
2/2 | Bardic Inspiration +1d6

You can inspire others through stirring words or music. To do so, you use a bonus action on your turn to choose one creature other than yourself within 60 feet of you who can hear you. That creature gains one Bardic Inspiration die, a d6.
Once within the next 10 minutes, the creature can roll the die and add the number rolled to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw it makes. A creature can have only one Bardic Inspiration die at a time.
You can use this feature a number of times equal to your Charisma modifier (a minimum of once). You regain any expended uses when you finish a long rest.
Your Bardic Inspiration die changes when you reach certain levels in this class. The die becomes a d8 at 5th level, a d10 at 10th level, and a d12 at 15th level.
 3/3

Edited by yxanthymir (see edit history)