Edit History

Sohala

Sohala

4 hours ago, wrathgon said:

when running battle where PCs are given tasks, then these will impact the battle, but since i wont draw the game to a crawl doing that here for you...

Eeh, let's not. I voiced my opinion before this started that a swift adjudication, enough to say she/they 'did the thing', was acceptable. We were overruled and now we have to roll through the predictable outcomes.

You also forgot almost all targets have DR...

Alchemists used properly should have negated swathes of this.

...visibility is next to nothing from 400 mist forms covering the battlefield good luck finding a target more than 10 feet from you. They took no losses cause you all couldn't see anything to hit, and by the time you could you where in melee so your shooters were useless...

I glanced at what I assumed to be the original inspiration (I later found out it is just a modern take that details more rules): slow-moving, no mention of obscuring vision, and I assume 'normal' means non-magical (confirmed). Apparently, they are vulnerable to weather/wind magic too.

I guess if you want to really buff it up. *shrug* They are your baby and you can have them do whatever you want.

Once again, alchemists would nullify the immunity with consumables and area attacks don't target.

Again, this is all just pointing out simple things the setting allows, if you don't treat the NPCs like idiots fighting the infected for the first time. It doesn't take a genius+ person to realize you can capture infected and find out how to kill them, then just have your troops carry around the tools to do so. (I assume you are going to point to a bonus somewhere and say that its covered)

Sohala

Sohala

2 hours ago, wrathgon said:

when running battle where PCs are given tasks, then these will impact the battle, but since i wont draw the game to a crawl doing that here for you...

Eeh, let's not. I voiced my opinion before this started that a swift adjudication, enough to say she/they 'did the thing', was acceptable. We were overruled and now we have to roll through the predictable outcomes.

You also forgot almost all targets have DR...

Alchemists used properly should have negated swathes of this.

...visibility is next to nothing from 400 mist forms covering the battlefield good luck finding a target more than 10 feet from you. They took no losses cause you all couldn't see anything to hit, and by the time you could you where in melee so your shooters were useless...

I glanced at what I assumed to be the original inspiration (I later found out it is just a modern take that details more rules): slow-moving, no mention of obscuring vision, and I assume 'normal' means non-magical (confirmed). Apparently, they are vulnerable to weather/wind magic too.

I guess if you want to really buff it up. *shrug* They are your baby and you can have them do whatever you want.

Once again, alchemists would nullify the immunity with consumables and area attacks don't target.

Again, this is all just pointing out simple things the setting allows, if you don't treat the NPCs like idiots fighting the infected for the first time. It doesn't take a genius+ person to realize you can capture infected and find out how to kill them, then just have your troops carry around the tools to do so.