Edit History

Sohala

Sohala

I actually said it would miss every shot or never hit the same target twice (negating the damage due to regeneration/healing) And if we are discussing its ability to get past DR, it does have a few covered while in her hands. -As the kill count is zero, one has to figure how their character was completely ineffective, after first calculating their effectiveness.

As I said, I assume there is a number somewhere for it. The mass combat rules "exist", have fun with them. Attribute what your like for abilities/equipment/etc, makes no difference to me. Mechanics are whatever you make them. Don't know them, don't think I need to know them.

Reviewing the battle log, as suggested, I am not sure how the infected kept their full strength/bonus going into the duel engagement, after dividing their forces up. Contradictory fluff or quick short hand, just looks weird.

But yes, I had/have noted the higher value, along with what appeared to be a higher number of troops. 'More stuff beats less stuff', as the old adage goes. Shame the brilliant elven force couldn't merge with the human one. We could have even more stuff then.

I think it is fact you appear to holding the infected's mechanical defense as the reason the living can't do anything/are ineffective in your covering fluff. Then I am asking "why" and giving easy to reach mechanics as counterpoints.

Musings

How the infected have remained on the island is a logical mystery in and of itself. Two primary alliances have control of the island and a third one comes in. The third faction would have had to steal their position from someone. Immediate counter attacks should have followed, either crushing the, ineffectively led, infected. Or establishing them as a very real threat. -Even if the original alliance ignored them, the opposing one should have seen it as an opportunity to take the hex.

I have a hard time seeing how they have been ignored and allowed to build up. Their existence threatens the established balance of control. And they are sitting on hexes filled with magical potential.

But this is for you to worry about and my lowly self to only prattle/chatter on about.

I have nothing meaningful to add to the combat sequence, tactical insights, orders, changes, etc. Everything seems fairly well "set". You may proceed without a post from Prax.

Sohala

Sohala

I actually said it would miss every shot or never hit the same target twice (negating the damage due to regeneration/healing) And if we are discussing its ability to get past DR, it does have a few covered while in her hands. -As the kill count is zero, one has to figure how their character was completely ineffective, after first calculating their effectiveness.

As I said, I assume there is a number somewhere for it. Mechanics are whatever you make them. Don't know them, don't think I need to know them.

Reviewing the battle log, as suggested, I am not sure how the infected kept their full strength/bonus going into the duel engagement, after dividing their forces up. Contradictory fluff or quick short hand, just looks weird.

But yes, I had/have noted the higher value, along with what appeared to be a higher number of troops. 'More stuff beats less stuff', as the old adage goes. Shame the brilliant elven force couldn't merge with the human one. We could have even more stuff then.

The mass combat rules "exist", have fun with them. Attribute what your like for abilities/equipment/etc, makes no difference to me.

I think it is fact you appear to holding the infected's mechanical defense as the reason the living can't do anything/are ineffective in your covering fluff. Then I am asking "why" and giving easy to reach mechanics as counterpoints.

Musings

How the infected have remained on the island is a logical mystery in and of itself. Two primary alliances have control of the island and a third one comes in. The third faction would have had to steal their position from someone. Immediate counter attacks should have followed, either crushing the, ineffectively led, infected. Or establishing them as a very real threat. -Even if the original alliance ignored them, the opposing one should have seen it as an opportunity to take the hex.

I have a hard time seeing how they have been ignored and allowed to build up. Their existence threatens the established balance of control. And they are sitting on hexes filled with magical potential.

But this is for you to worry about and my lowly self to only prattle/chatter on about.

I have nothing meaningful to add to the combat sequence, tactical insights, orders, changes, etc. Everything seems fairly well "set". You may proceed without a post from Prax.

Sohala

Sohala

As I said, I assume there is a number somewhere for it. Mechanics are whatever you make them. Don't know them, don't think I need to know them.

The mass combat rules "exist", have fun with them. Attribute what your like for abilities/equipment/etc, makes no difference to me.

Musings

But this is for you to worry about and my lowly self to only prattle on about.

Sohala

Sohala

Show this

But this is for you to worry about and my lowly self to only prattle on about.

Sohala

Sohala

Sohala

Sohala

I actually said it would miss every shot or never hit the same target twice (negating the damage due to regeneration/healing) And if we are discussing its ability to get past DR, it does have a few covered while in her hands.