Edit History

eltorin

eltorin

1 hour ago, cailano said:

It can be a challenge raising awareness for a new system you're excited about. I'm doing a similar thing with Dungeon Crawl Classics right now, although that's at least an official game you can select in Myth-Weavers.

When I look at a system to run, I try to track down all the new-player resources I can find, and I post links in the advertisement. I also try to sell the system a little bit. What's so awesome about it? Why are you excited to run it? I also try to set my player's minds at ease when it comes to learning the system. Basically, they shouldn't have to. They'll learn it during play.

The worst vice is advice, so please feel free to toss mine out the window if it doesn't work for you.

No, your advice is always welcome, thanks (this is not necesserily one I can apply, but it's certainly appreciated). 🙂

eltorin

eltorin

42 minutes ago, cailano said:

It can be a challenge raising awareness for a new system you're excited about. I'm doing a similar thing with Dungeon Crawl Classics right now, although that's at least an official game you can select in Myth-Weavers.

When I look at a system to run, I try to track down all the new-player resources I can find, and I post links in the advertisement. I also try to sell the system a little bit. What's so awesome about it? Why are you excited to run it? I also try to set my player's minds at ease when it comes to learning the system. Basically, they shouldn't have to. They'll learn it during play.

The worst vice is advice, so please feel free to toss mine out the window if it doesn't work for you.

No, your advice is always welcome, thanks (this one is not necesserily one I can apply, but it's certainly appreciated). 🙂

eltorin

eltorin

40 minutes ago, cailano said:

No, your advice is always welcome, thanks (this one is not necesserily one I can apply, but it's appreciated anyway). 🙂

eltorin

eltorin

25 minutes ago, cailano said:

No, your advice is always good and welcome, thanks. 🙂

eltorin

eltorin

21 minutes ago, cailano said:

No, your advice is always good and welcome, thanks. 🙂 The "problem", in this case (I don't consider it that) is that for the most of the systems I even think about running basically have no player resources (quickstarts or such, other than the actual core books), so I'm essentially looking for players with at least passing knowledge of them (so they know why they are interesting), the rest we'll figure out. I know, "good luck, then".

eltorin

eltorin

19 minutes ago, cailano said:

No, your advice is always good and welcome, thanks. 🙂 The "problem", in this case (I don't consider it that) is that for the most of the systems I even think about running basically have no player resources (quickstarts or such, other than the actual core books), so I'm essentially looking for players with at least passing knowledge (so they know why they are interesting), the rest we'll figure out. I know, "good luck, then". It may come from my own player attitude, I don't apply to play games I don't have the core pdf of, at least. I surely would not want to learn a system from scratch with pbp,; I love the format, but I know my limits. 🙂 

eltorin

eltorin

18 minutes ago, cailano said:

No, your advice is always good and welcome, thanks. 🙂 The "problem", in this case (I don't consider it that) is that for the most of the systems I even think about running basically have no player resources (quickstarts or such, other than the actual core books), so I'm essentially looking for players with at least passing knowledge (so they know why they are interesting), the rest we'll figure out. I know, "good luck, then". It may come from my own player attitude, I don't apply to play games I have no the core pdf of, at least. I surely would not want to learn a system from scratch with pbp,; I love the format, but I know my limits. 🙂 

eltorin

eltorin

17 minutes ago, cailano said:

No, your advice is always good and welcome, thanks. 🙂 The "problem", in this case (I don't consider it that) is that for the most of the systems I even think about running basically have no player resources (quickstarts or such, other than the actual core books), so I'm essentially looking for players with at least passing knowledge (so they know why they are interesting), the rest we'll figure out. I know, "good luck, then". It may come from my own player attitude, I don't apply to play games I have no the pdf of, and one previous session of experience, at least. I surely would not want to learn a system from scratch with pbp,;I love the format, but I know my limits. 🙂 

eltorin

eltorin

17 minutes ago, cailano said:

No, your advice is always good and welcome, thanks. 🙂 The "problem" is in this case (I don't consider it that) that for the most of the systems I even think about running basically have no player resources (quickstarts or such, other than the actual core books), so I'm essentially looking for players with at least passing knowledge (so they know why they are interesting), the rest we'll figure out. I know, "good luck, then". It may come from my own player attitude, I don't apply to play games I have no the pdf of, and one previous session of experience, at least. I surely would not want to learn a system from scratch with pbp,;I love the format, but I know my limits. 🙂 

eltorin

eltorin

16 minutes ago, cailano said:

No, your advice is always good and welcome, thanks. 🙂 The "problem" is in this case (I don't consider it that) that for the most of the systems I even think about running basically have no player resources (quickstarts or such, other than the actual core books), so I'm essentially looking for players with at least passing knowledge (so they know why they are interesting), the rest we'll figure out. I know, "good luck, then". It may come from my own player attitude, I don't apply to play games I have no the pdf of, and one previous session of experience, at least. I surley would not want to learn a system from scratch with pbp, I love the format, but I know my limits. 🙂 

eltorin

eltorin

6 minutes ago, cailano said:

No, your advice is always good and welcome, thanks. 🙂 The "problem" is in this case (I don't consider it that) that for the most of the system I even think about running basically have no player resources (quickstarts or such, other than the actual core books), so I'm essentially looking for players with at least passing knowledge (so they know why they are interesting), the rest we'll figure out. I know, "good luck, then". It may come from my own player attitude, I don't apply to play games I have no the pdf of, and one previous session of experience, at least.