CONDITIONS

AFRAID -2 to Directly Engage a Threat
  ANGRY -2 to Comfort or Support or Pierce the Mask
  GUILTY -2 to Provoke Someone or Assess the Situation
  HOPELESS -2 to Unleash Your Powers
___ INSECURE -2 to Defend Someone or Reject Others' Influence

POTENTIAL

___ ___ ___ ___ ___

Every time you roll a miss on a move, mark potential.

MOVES:

Straight. Up. Creepin’When you scope out a person or place, roll + Mundane.

On a 10+, ask two. On a 7-9, ask one.
- what’s my best way in/out?
- what happened here recently?
- what here is worth grabbing?
- who or what here is not what they seem?
- whose place is this?
On a miss, you find yourself in over your head. The GM will tell you why this is a bad spot.

No Powers and not Nearly Enough TrainingYou’re always picking up new gear to keep yourself in the game. Whenever you pick up a new piece of gear, you can write it in as a new ability if this line is empty.

The first time you use each piece of gear to directly engage a threat, unleash your powers, or defend someone, you can roll + Mundane instead of the normal Label.

Feature - DrivesChoose four drives to mark at the start of play. When you fulfill a marked drive, strike it out, and choose one: mark potential, clear a condition, take Influence over someone involved.

When your four marked drives are all struck out, choose and mark four new drives. When all drives are struck out, change playbooks, retire from the life, or become a paragon of the city.

-lead the team successfully in battle
-help a teammate when they most need you
- pull off a ridiculous stunt
-reject someone who tells you “you shouldn’t be
here”

Moment of TruthThis is the moment when you show them exactly why you belong here. You do any one thing, take out any one enemy, no matter how insane, no matter how ridiculous, because that’s you. Their jaws are gonna drop when you’re done. Of course, pulling off a stunt like this tends to bring unwanted attention and a dangerous reputation...: LOCKED

TEAM MOVES:

When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, tell them how they’re awesome and add a Team to the pool. If they tell you how you’re awesome in return, add another Team to the pool.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, ask them to confirm or deny that you should be here. If they confirm it, mark potential and give them Influence over you. If they deny it, mark Angry and shift one Label up and one Label down, your choice.

BACKSTORY

• How did you gain your skills?

"My skills? That's all Wilder Blood, dude! There were Wilders doing trick shooting and gun twirling going back to the Old West pretty sure! But I guess I learned it all from my grandad, he was like a CAS all-star or something. That's 'Cowboy Action Shooting', you know. It was pretty much the only thing to do out in Wyoming in the summers when he had me but I was amazing at it. They don't really have that kind of stuff here though. Guess people flying around punching buildings apart is more exciting. Oh you mean the other thing? I might have been doing something really dumb and there could have been a dare to run into a wall and I definitely didn't run smack into one. 'Cause I ran through it. 'Cause I was drunk. But everybody else was too so I think I'm good. I figured out that wasn't just some drunk thing a bit after that, though there were no dares then. So I can like go through things. It feels really weird!"

• When did you first put on your costume?

"It was like a week after that, tops. I had a superpower so that meant I was a superhero right? The Beaks didn't come around my neighborhood anymore anyway, I think 'cause they thought they got everybody already. Nobody I knew but none of them were even like superheroes right? Just people with powers. Or people the Beaks said had powers and you're not supposed to argue with them. But even if the Beaks weren't around there were tons of other problems. The whole place wasn't all that great before everything blew up and not having even those few heroes who popped in from time to time were gone so there was all this normal crime. You don't even need to talk about guys with eyebeams when there are real people carjacking and breaking in places. Cops never bothered with us even before so somebody had to do something. You know, someone handy on the draw and can slip in and out of alleys and stuff. Sure the costume is basically just what I'd wear to CAS events but its like a theme! Superpowered cowboy dude! Tho I don't really like the name I kinda got stuck with. But you outdraw just three guys at once and sometimes things stick."

• Who, outside of the team, thinks you shouldn’t be a superhero?

"Speaking of sticking that incident kinda blew up my life. These 'CLOAKSS' dudes got a hold of me, I guess I made too much noise? Well I mean duh, guns are loud, but like how the Beaks weren't showing up in the neighborhood? That changed. But I didn't actually use my superpower, I was just way better than the other guys were. But I guess the guys I scared off worked for some villain or whatever who worked for the Beaks and they didn't want to own up to getting their asses kicked by a 15 year old so I guess they really stretched a lot of the details. So the Beaks showed up looking for superpowers for like a week. Then there was some incident a few projects over one night and the Beaks left right after. Find out later that was a CLOAKSS thing, like they used me as a distraction to pull that stuff off. I mean, good for them, but I find out about it when this CLOAKSS guy, said his name was Dick (ha, right?) came and told me to keep it down. Like I didn't just let him do whatever they did! But I guess I was a liability or something. Loose cannon. Like just running around doing my own thing. But he got me in contact with some other folks. I think they were AEGIS or something, I dunno. They apparently thought I had the skills though 'cause they started looping me in on stuff. Also gave me some cool Beaks stuff, like a pistol that shoots energy beams although I think it's broken 'cause it's like set to 'stun' all the time or something. Not that I wanted to do anything worse! It just feels really weird to actually point these things at people. I was always taught not to do that unless you were prepared for what could happen. Everything's all screwed up. Maybe that's why 'Dick' didn't like me. He didn't seem like he had that problem to me."  

• Why do you try to be a hero?

"I mean it's kinda scary out there but it's also like the real Old West right? Things are a mess, outlaws running around causing problems, and you got all the Beaks stuff too. Plus it's not like there's a ton of people left out there to do it right? I don't know anything about the Beaks but they got their own stuff going on I guess. They aren't the ones running around trying to deliberately cause problems I guess. Plus who doesn't want to be a hero? I didn't have any powers and I still wanted to do it, be a daring vigilante like its the Old West. The black hats are still running around but what about the white hats? Somebody's gotta step up and isn't that basically what a hero is anyway? So I guess that makes me a hero no matter what anybody else thinks!"

• Why do you care about the team?

"Why not? Teams are great! You gotta have your posse! But I mean, I know what I can do. If things were normal what I've got would just be a hobby or a party trick. That's cool. But you know what? Things aren't normal! So if we can make things safer by doing something like CLOAKSS or AEGIS or whoever else with a name that means something else then I know I can do it if I'm watching someone else's back. And then I'd have someone watching mine. Maybe me popping off like that was dumb. Like, way dumber than anything I ever did before. But it showed me I could do something and that's not nothing. And that's just me! What could I do if I was working with other people to do some good?"

---

• Who does the Kid live with? His immediate family? Other relatives? Are they aware of his superheroic antics, and if so do they approve or disapprove?

"You think I'm living on the streets or something? I live with my folks, and my little sister but she's like three or something so she's like a pet you can teach swears to. But I mean they work some boring office jobs and she's got daycare so I'm by myself a lot. Like they don't trust me to watch her or something! I can be responsible too! But they don't know anything I do. If I wasn't doing this I'd be doing some other dumb thing. They'd probably figure stuff out quick if they actually knew I had some of grandad's stuff, 'cuz he left me a bunch when he died. My dad didn't want it. He never cared about that stuff and figured it all got donated to museums and junk. They'd definitely freak if they knew but what's new? They'd freak if they knew half the stuff I've done so that's why they don't need to know!"

• Why doesn't Dick think the Kid should be a superhero? How have they made this opinion known? What kind of person do they think should be a superhero?

"'Cuz he told me? Like flat out said I was going to get killed if I kept doing what I was doing. Like not even 'you'll get hurt, kid', like straight up 'you'll die'. That's messed up right? But also I was going to get a lot of other people killed too and that's also super messed up! I'm pretty sure he sent those AEGIS guys to talk me out of it or arrest me or something but I guess they needed help more than he thought. Or, you know, I'm actually pretty awesome and he's the one who was wrong. Dude was way too dark though. Like his whole reason to hate me felt like it was because I didn't kill those guys for breaking into a drug store. Said I was too kind-hearted to do what I was doing. Like that's some bad thing. Superheroes aren't supposed to just waste people and I'm basically superhero!"

• Does the Kid have any of their own doubts on whether or not they belong on a superhero team? What are they? Is there any person or motivation in particular that pushes them past these doubts?

"I'm not dumb. I mean I'm pretty dumb but I'm not that dumb. I know what I can do is basically what anyone else could do, 'cept I can do it better. I can't punch down buildings or turn into a pile of bugs or whatever but it's not like I'm useless. Like the first superhero, Flying Freedom or whatever? All she could do was just fly and she started all the superhero stuff because she did something. So it's not like I'm saying I'm like her or anything but there aren't a lot of superheroes anymore. What if nobody did anything? I mean that's kinda what my grandad thought. He loved all that Western stuff. There weren't superpowers back then but people still stepped up to do what was right. Nobody watched out for them so it was people helping people. Why's now so different?"

EDTA

EDTA

spacer.pngBilly Wilder AKA "The Quickshot Kid" The Beacon

HERO NAME: The Quickshot Kid
LOOK: White man, naïve face, comfortable clothing, gaudy costume
ABILITIES: Trick Shooting, Phasing

LABELS

DANGER FREAK SAVIOR SUPERIOR MUNDANE
+0 -1 +2 +0 +2

CONDITIONS

POTENTIAL

___ ___ ___ ___ ___

MOVES:

- whose place is this?
On a miss, you find yourself in over your head. The GM will tell you why this is a bad spot.

No Powers and not Nearly Enough TrainingYou’re always picking up new gear to keep yourself in the game. Whenever you pick up a new piece of gear, you can write it in as a new ability if this line is empty.

The first time you use each piece of gear to directly engage a threat, unleash your powers, or defend someone, you can roll + Mundane instead of the normal Label.

Feature - DrivesChoose four drives to mark at the start of play. When you fulfill a marked drive, strike it out, and choose one: mark potential, clear a condition, take Influence over someone involved.

When your four marked drives are all struck out, choose and mark four new drives. When all drives are struck out, change playbooks, retire from the life, or become a paragon of the city.

here”

Moment of TruthThis is the moment when you show them exactly why you belong here. You do any one thing, take out any one enemy, no matter how insane, no matter how ridiculous, because that’s you. Their jaws are gonna drop when you’re done. Of course, pulling off a stunt like this tends to bring unwanted attention and a dangerous reputation...: LOCKED

TEAM MOVES:

When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, tell them how they’re awesome and add a Team to the pool. If they tell you how you’re awesome in return, add another Team to the pool.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, ask them to confirm or deny that you should be here. If they confirm it, mark potential and give them Influence over you. If they deny it, mark Angry and shift one Label up and one Label down, your choice.

BACKSTORY

"My skills? That's all Wilder Blood, dude! There were Wilders doing trick shooting and gun twirling going back to the Old West pretty sure! But I guess I learned it all from my grandad, he was like a CAS all-star or something. That's 'Cowboy Action Shooting', you know. It was pretty much the only thing to do out in Wyoming in the summers when he had me but I was amazing at it. They don't really have that kind of stuff here though. Guess people flying around punching buildings apart is more exciting. Oh you mean the other thing? I might have been doing something really dumb and there could have been a dare to run into a wall and I definitely didn't run smack into one. 'Cause I ran through it. 'Cause I was drunk. But everybody else was too so I think I'm good. I figured out that wasn't just some drunk thing a bit after that, though there were no dares then. So I can like go through things. It feels really weird!"

"It was like a week after that, tops. I had a superpower so that meant I was a superhero right? The Beaks didn't come around my neighborhood anymore anyway, I think 'cause they thought they got everybody already. Nobody I knew but none of them were even like superheroes right? Just people with powers. Or people the Beaks said had powers and you're not supposed to argue with them. But even if the Beaks weren't around there were tons of other problems. The whole place wasn't all that great before everything blew up and not having even those few heroes who popped in from time to time were gone so there was all this normal crime. You don't even need to talk about guys with eyebeams when there are real people carjacking and breaking in places. Cops never bothered with us even before so somebody had to do something. You know, someone handy on the draw and can slip in and out of alleys and stuff. Sure the costume is basically just what I'd wear to CAS events but its like a theme! Superpowered cowboy dude! Tho I don't really like the name I kinda got stuck with. But you outdraw just three guys at once and sometimes things stick."

"Speaking of sticking that incident kinda blew up my life. These 'DAGGR' dudes got a hold of me, I guess I made too much noise? Well I mean duh, guns are loud, but like how the Beaks weren't showing up in the neighborhood? That changed. But I didn't actually use my superpower, I was just way better than the other guys were. But I guess the guys I scared off worked for some villain or whatever who worked for the Beaks and they didn't want to own up to getting their asses kicked by a 15 year old so I guess they really stretched a lot of the details. So the Beaks showed up looking for superpowers for like a week. Then there was some incident a few projects over one night and the Beaks left right after. Find out later that was a DAGGR thing, like they used me as a distraction to pull that stuff off. I mean, good for them, but I find out about it when this DAGGR guy, said his name was Dirk (ha, right?) came and told me to keep it down. Like I didn't just let him do whatever they did! But I guess I was a liability or something. Loose cannon. Like just running around doing my own thing. But he got me in contact with some other folks. I think they were AEGIS or something, I dunno. They apparently thought I had the skills though 'cause they started looping me in on stuff. Also gave me some cool Beaks stuff, like a pistol that shoots energy beams although I think it's broken 'cause it's like set to 'stun' all the time or something. Not that I wanted to do anything worse! It just feels really weird to actually point these things at people. I was always taught not to do that unless you were prepared for what could happen. Everything's all screwed up. Maybe that's why 'Dirk' didn't like me. He didn't seem like he had that problem to me."  

"I mean it's kinda scary out there but it's also like the real Old West right? Things are a mess, outlaws running around causing problems, and you got all the Beaks stuff too. Plus it's not like there's a ton of people left out there to do it right? I don't know anything about the Beaks but they got their own stuff going on I guess. They aren't the ones running around trying to deliberately cause problems I guess. Plus who doesn't want to be a hero? I didn't have any powers and I still wanted to do it, be a daring vigilante like its the Old West. The black hats are still running around but what about the white hats? Somebody's gotta step up and isn't that basically what a hero is anyway? So I guess that makes me a hero no matter what anybody else thinks!"

"Why not? Teams are great! You gotta have your posse! But I mean, I know what I can do. If things were normal what I've got would just be a hobby or a party trick. That's cool. But you know what? Things aren't normal! So if we can make things safer by doing something like DAGGR or AEGIS or whoever else with a name that means something else then I know I can do it if I'm watching someone else's back. And then I'd have someone watching mine. Maybe me popping off like that was dumb. Like, way dumber than anything I ever did before. But it showed me I could do something and that's not nothing. And that's just me! What could I do if I was working with other people to do some good?"

---

• Who does the Kid live with? His immediate family? Other relatives? Are they aware of his superheroic antics, and if so do they approve or disapprove?

"You think I'm living on the streets or something? I live with my folks, and my little sister but she's like three or something so she's like a pet you can teach swears to. But I mean they work some boring office jobs and she's got daycare so I'm by myself a lot. Like they don't trust me to watch her or something! I can be responsible too! But they don't know anything I do. If I wasn't doing this I'd be doing some other dumb thing. They'd probably figure stuff out quick if they actually knew I had some of grandad's stuff, 'cuz he left me a bunch when he died. My dad didn't want it. He never cared about that stuff and figured it all got donated to museums and junk. They'd definitely freak if they knew but what's new? They'd freak if they knew half the stuff I've done so that's why they don't need to know!"

• Why doesn't Dirk think the Kid should be a superhero? How have they made this opinion known? What kind of person do they think should be a superhero?

"'Cuz he told me? Like flat out said I was going to get killed if I kept doing what I was doing. Like not even 'you'll get hurt, kid', like straight up 'you'll die'. That's messed up right? But also I was going to get a lot of other people killed too and that's also super messed up! I'm pretty sure he sent those AEGIS guys to talk me out of it or arrest me or something but I guess they needed help more than he thought. Or, you know, I'm actually pretty awesome and he's the one who was wrong. Dude was way too dark though. Like his whole reason to hate me felt like it was because I didn't kill those guys for breaking into a drug store. Said I was too kind-hearted to do what I was doing. Like that's some bad thing. Superheroes aren't supposed to just waste people and I'm basically superhero!"

• Does the Kid have any of their own doubts on whether or not they belong on a superhero team? What are they? Is there any person or motivation in particular that pushes them past these doubts?

"I'm not dumb. I mean I'm pretty dumb but I'm not that dumb. I know what I can do is basically what anyone else could do, 'cept I can do it better. I can't punch down buildings or turn into a pile of bugs or whatever but it's not like I'm useless. Like the first superhero, Flying Freedom or whatever? All she could do was just fly and she started all the superhero stuff because she did something. So it's not like I'm saying I'm like her or anything but there aren't a lot of superheroes anymore. What if nobody did anything? I mean that's kinda what my grandad thought. He loved all that Western stuff. There weren't superpowers back then but people still stepped up to do what was right. Nobody watched out for them so it was people helping people. Why's now so different?"

EDTA

EDTA

LABELS

+0 -1 +2 +0 +2

CONDITIONS

POTENTIAL

___ ___ ___ ___ ___

MOVES:

- whose place is this?

here”

TEAM MOVES:

BACKSTORY

"Speaking of sticking that incident kinda blew up my life. These 'DAGGR' dudes got a hold of me, I guess I made too much noise? Well I mean duh, guns are loud, but like how the Beaks weren't showing up in the neighborhood? That changed. But I didn't actually use my superpower, I was just way better than the other guys were. But I guess the guys I scared off worked for some villain or whatever who worked for the Beaks and they didn't want to own up to getting their asses kicked by a 15 year old so I guess they really stretched a lot of the details. So the Beaks showed up looking for superpowers for like a week. Then there was some incident a few projects over one night and the Beaks left right after. Find out later that was a DAGGR thing, like they used me as a distraction to pull that stuff off. I mean, good for them, but I find out about it when this DAGGR guy, said his name was Dirk (ha, right?) came and told me to keep it down. Like I didn't just let him do whatever they did! But I guess I was a liability or something. Loose cannon. Like just running around doing my own thing. But he got me in contact with some other folks. I think they were AEGIS or something, I dunno. They apparently thought I had the skills though 'cause they started looping me in on stuff. Also gave me some cool Beaks stuff, like a pistol that shoots energy beams although I think it's broken 'cause it's like set to 'stun' all the time or something. Not that I wanted to do anything worse! It just feels really weird to actually point these things at people. I was always taught not to do that unless you were prepared for what could happen. Everything's all screwed up. Maybe that's why 'Dirk' didn't like me. He didn't seem like he had that problem to me."  

"Why not? Teams are great! You gotta have your posse! But I mean, I know what I can do. If things were normal what I've got would just be a hobby or a party trick. That's cool. But you know what? Things aren't normal! So if we can make things safer by doing something like DAGGR or AEGIS or whoever else with a name that means something else then I know I can do it if I'm watching someone else's back. And then I'd have someone watching mine. Maybe me popping off like that was dumb. Like, way dumber than anything I ever did before. But it showed me I could do something and that's not nothing. And that's just me! What could I do if I was working with other people to do some good?"

EDTA

EDTA

LABELS

+0 -1 +2 +0 +2

CONDITIONS

POTENTIAL

___ ___ ___ ___ ___

MOVES:

- whose place is this?

here”

TEAM MOVES:

BACKSTORY

"Speaking of sticking that incident kinda blew up my life. These 'DAGGR' dudes got a hold of me, I guess I made too much noise? Well I mean duh, guns are loud, but like how the Beaks weren't showing up in the neighborhood? That changed. But I didn't actually use my superpower, I was just way better than they were. But I guess the guys I scared off worked for some villain or whatever who worked for the Beaks and they didn't want to own up to getting their asses kicked by a 15 year old so I guess they really stretched a lot of the details. But the Beaks showed up for a bit looking for superpowers and when they didn't find any right away I guess they went back and got more details from the goons and they left after that. Plus there was some incident a few projects over one night. Find out later that was a DAGGR thing, like they used me as a distraction to pull that stuff off. I mean, good for them, but I find out about it when this DAGGR, said his name was Dirk (ha, right?) and told me to keep it down. Like I didn't just let him do whatever they did! But I guess I was a liability or something. Loose cannon. Like just running around doing my own thing. But he got me in contact with some other folks. I think they were AEGIS or something, I dunno. They apparently thought I had the skills so they started looping me in on stuff. Also gave me some cool Beaks stuff, like a pistol that shoots energy beams although I think it's broken 'cause it's like its set to 'stun' all the time or something. Not that I wanted to do anything worse! It just feels really weird to actually point these things at people. I was always taught not to do that unless you were prepared for what could happen. Everything's all screwed up. Maybe that's why 'Dirk' didn't like me. He didn't seem like he had that problem to me."  

"Why not? Teams are great! You gotta have your posse! But I mean, I know what I can do. If things were normal what I've got would just be a hobby or a party trick. That's cool. But you know what? Things aren't normal! So if we can make things safer by doing something like DAGGR or AEGIS or whoever else with a name that means something else then I know I can do it if I'm watching someone else's back. And then I'd have someone watching mine. Maybe be popping off like that was dumb. Like, way dumber than anything I ever did before. But it showed me I could do something and that's not nothing. And that's just me! What could I do if I was working with other people to do some good?"

EDTA

EDTA

Billy Wilder AKA "The Quickshot Kid" The Beacon

LABELS

+0 -1 +2 +0 +2

CONDITIONS

POTENTIAL

___ ___ ___ ___ ___

MOVES:

- whose place is this?

here”

TEAM MOVES:

BACKSTORY

"Speaking of sticking that incident kinda blew up my life. These 'DAGGR' dudes got a hold of me, I guess I made too much noise? Well I mean duh, guns are loud, but like how the Beaks weren't showing up in the neighborhood? That changed. But I didn't actually use my superpower, I was just way better than they were. But I guess the guys I scared off worked for some villain or whatever who worked for the Beaks and they didn't want to own up to getting their asses kicked by a 15 year old so I guess they really stretched a lot of the details. But the Beaks showed up for a bit looking for superpowers and when they didn't find any right away I guess they went back and got more details from the goons and they left after that. Plus there was some incident a few projects over one night. Find out later that was a DAGGR thing, like they used me as a distraction to pull that stuff off. I mean, good for them, but I find out about it when this DAGGR, said his name was Dirk (ha, right?) and told me to keep it down. Like I didn't just let him do whatever they did! But I guess I was a liability or something. Loose cannon. Like just running around doing my own thing. But he got me in contact with some other folks. I think they were AEGIS or something, I dunno. They apparently thought I had the skills so they started looping me in on stuff. Also gave me some cool Beaks stuff, like a pistol that shoots energy beams although I think it's broken 'cause it's like its set to 'stun' all the time or something. Not that I wanted to do anything worse! It just feels really weird to actually point these things at people. I was always taught not to do that unless you were prepared for what could happen. Everything's all screwed up. Maybe that's why 'Dirk' didn't like me. He didn't seem like he had that problem to me."  

"Why not? Teams are great! You gotta have your posse! But I mean, I know what I can do. If things were normal what I've got would just be a hobby or a party trick. That's cool. But you know what? Things aren't normal! So if we can make things safer by doing something like DAGGR or AEGIS or whoever else with a name that means something else then I know I can do it if I'm watching someone else's back. And then I'd have someone watching mine. Maybe be popping off like that was dumb. Like, way dumber than anything I ever did before. But it showed me I could do something and that's not nothing. And that's just me! What could I do if I was working with other people to do some good?"