Edit History

BobtheWizard

BobtheWizard

7 hours ago, TheWordWeaver said:

Hey there! Rytari Looks great, Amulet of the Devout is very thematic and makes a ton of sense. I just have a few questions to get a better feel for Rytari. Other than that I will mark this as completed!

• Being from Skiero how would you say Rytari's family came into Nobility?
  • Have they always lived there?
  • Are/is/were his family well-liked among the people? What were they known for?
  • Did Rytari's ancestors fight against Ugius's champion during the Tyranny of Dragons?
  • Would Rytari consider his current mission as a way to atone for his past life? 
  • What does he hope to find in Baromenes? Answers? An end to the visions?

Skiero seemed like a meritocracy to me, so they became nobility by accumulating wealth from maritime trade.

Let's say his grandparents immigrated there from the Scorched Sea. They started the Azstarys Trading Company from scratch and were very successful. Then Rytari's parents expanded the business and turned that into a political base.

His family is well liked. Dragonborn aren't unheard of in Skiero, but definitely stand out. His parents were merchants and philanthropists. The good thing about being a trader is the workers you are exploiting live far away, so locally, you are just providing good jobs and favors. After their deaths, there is probably a marble statue of them somewhere in Skiero. Most people in Halaea or port cities throughout the Serene Holds probably recognize the Azstarys name, even if the company is no longer as active as it once was.

I can't find Ugius and Tyranny of Dragons information. All I can find is this The Serene Holds. If it's in there, I missed it. If you have a link, I'd appreciate it. Anyway, his ancestors would have fought on the side of good, and his parents would have reminded him of their sacrifices every time he misbehaved. 

He doesn't think he needs to atone. He was lost and spoiled, not evil. He looks back on that time like he was a child and now he is an adult and wide awake. He now knows responsibility and purpose in a way he never learned from his parents, despite their best efforts to teach him. He now regrets not listening to them earlier, but thinks his former life might have led him to this place. Mostly, he believes in the gods now in a way he never did before. 

Rytari wants to save the world. He wants to make sure that when this vision says "You will be the last to die" it is as a sacrifice to save the world, not as the last person in the world to die after all else is lost. So he will confront this potential apocalypse head on to try to thwart it. He sees the visions as instructions, not torment. He will follow them, trusting that Pnigménos will guide him. While he still wakes up in a sweat after every dream, he is trying to study it to see if there are any clues that could help him. 

BobtheWizard

BobtheWizard

7 hours ago, TheWordWeaver said:

Hey there! Rytari Looks great, Amulet of the Devout is very thematic and makes a ton of sense. I just have a few questions to get a better feel for Rytari. Other than that I will mark this as completed!

• Being from Skiero how would you say Rytari's family came into Nobility?
  • Have they always lived there?
  • Are/is/were his family well-liked among the people? What were they known for?
  • Did Rytari's ancestors fight against Ugius's champion during the Tyranny of Dragons?
  • Would Rytari consider his current mission as a way to atone for his past life? 
  • What does he hope to find in Baromenes? Answers? An end to the visions?

Skiero seemed like a meritocracy to me, so they became nobility by accumulating wealth from maritime trade.

Let's say his grandparents immigrated there from the Scorched Sea. They started the Azstarys Trading Company from scratch and were very successful. Then Rytari's parents expanded the business and turned that into a political base.

His family is well liked. Dragonborn aren't unheard of in Skiero, but definitely stand out. His parents were merchants and philanthropists. The good thing about being a trader is the workers you are exploiting live far away, so locally, you are just providing good jobs and favors. After their deaths, there is probably a marble statue of them somewhere in Skiero. Most people in Halaea or and port cities throughout the Serene Holds probably recognize the Azstarys name, even if the company is no longer as active as it once was.

I can't find Ugius and Tyranny of Dragons information. All I can find is this The Serene Holds. If it's in there, I missed it. If you have a link, I'd appreciate it. Anyway, his ancestors would have fought on the side of good, and his parents would have reminded him of their sacrifices every time he misbehaved. 

He doesn't think he needs to atone. He was lost and spoiled, not evil. He looks back on that time like he was a child and now he is an adult and wide awake. He now knows responsibility and purpose in a way he never learned from his parents, despite their best efforts to teach him. He now regrets not listening to them earlier, but thinks his former life might have led him to this place. Mostly, he believes in the gods now in a way he never did before. 

Rytari wants to save the world. He wants to make sure that when this vision says "You will be the last to die" it is as a sacrifice to save the world, not as the last person in the world to die after all else is lost. So he will confront this potential apocalypse head on to try to thwart it. He sees the visions as instructions, not torment. He will follow them, trusting that Pnigménos will guide him. While he still wakes up in a sweat after every dream, he is trying to study it to see if there are any clues that could help him.