Fugitive Unknown

Fugitive Unknown

Red - The Transformed
-----------

HERO NAME: "Red" (For now)
LOOK: A hulking stereotypical demon
ABILITIES: 

HOW POWERS MAKE YOU GROTESQUE:
Red appears to be a stereotypical straight up demon: a huge red humanoid with horns, bat like ears, and coal black eyes. He in no way passes for human. In addition, when he gets angry it becomes increasingly hard to control his emotions and thus things start to get smashed. This hasn't helped by lack of in person human interaction in the past few years.

LABELS

DANGER FREAK SAVIOR SUPERIOR MUNDANE
+2 +3 0 -1 -1

CONDITIONS

AFRAID -2 to Directly Engage a Threat
ANGRY -2 to Comfort or Support or Pierce the Mask
GUILTY -2 to Provoke Someone or Assess the Situation
HOPELESS -2 to Unleash Your Powers
INSECURE -2 to Defend Someone or Reject Others' Influence

BACKSTORY

• WHO WERE YOU BEFORE?

A regular kid, more or less, though his parents were a little religious, so he was a little sheltered. Still, he had fun.

• WHEN DID YOU CHANGED? WHAT CAUSED IT?

Dimitri was selected as a sacrifice by the Pact Mongers, a secret society of warlocks who wished for tremendous occult power. They were attempting to bind an extra planar being to a mortal form. Their ritual was disrupted before his own soul could be sealed away, but his form was irrevocably altered into that resembling a classical demon.

• WHO, OUTSIDE OF THE TEAM, IS HELPING YOU TO UNDERSTAND YOUR NEW BODY?

Originally, it was Hexlock who had disrupted the plans of the Pact Mongers. However, Hexlock was one of the heroes seized by the aliens. Now, Red lives in a government appointed foster home. He has a handler named Richard Davis, who has been trained for this but finds it hard to really connect with Dimitri.

• WHY DONT YOU JUST TRIED TO HIDE YOURSELF AWAY?

That's exactly what he did. In fact, he was attending school remotely and masquerading as normal kid. Red had no desire to be a hero since he could barely control his powers, in the hope that one day Hexlock would be able to reverse the ritual. That seems impossible now, and Red has reluctantly decided he needs to associate with other "exceptional students" to control his powers. Besides, he's basically a moral person, and his social worker has been pushing him to use his powers for good.

• WHY DO YOU CARE ABOUT THE TEAM?

They represent Red's best hope to become Dimitri again, or at least be able to relate to him. Also, spending the last two years isolated and alone has made him miss "real company" severely.  Individually, he hasn't gotten to know them yet, and still harbors some distrust towards non-humans due to his early religious teachings.

WHEN OUR TEAM FIRST CAME TOGETHER...

WHO IS IT?

RELATIONSHIPS:

INFLUENCE:

MOVES:

Move List

Wish I could be...

Unstoppable  

MOMENT OF TRUTH:

TEAM MOVES:

POTENTIAL:

Every time you roll a miss on a move, mark potential.

ADVANCEMENT:
When you fill your potential track, you advance. Choose from the list below. When you've taken five advances from the top list, you can take advances from the list below the line.

Take another move from your playbook
Take a move from another playbook
Take a doom, doomtrack, and doomsigns from the Doomed playbook
Someone permanently loses influence over you, add +1 to a Label
Rearrange your Labels as you choose, and add +1 to a Label
Unlock your Moment of Truth
Mutate further and reveal another two new abilities (chosen from any playbook)

Change playbooks
Take an adult move
Take an adult move
Lock a Label, and add +1 to a Label of your choice
Retire from the life or become a paragon of the city

"What kind of player are you?,"

I'm a highly adaptive player. By that, I mean I try and adapt my play to the style that I see in the game. In classic dungeon crawlers, I try to make characters who contribute to the party goals and are tactically effective. In more RP focused narrative style games, I tend to do try and fit in to the GM's expectations, though I rarely get to play these sorts of games given my usual group leanings.

I'm a very experienced RPer (30+ years) though I'm somewhat new to both Mythweavers (I have an old account but I never used it) and Masks. I have played a few other PBTA games (Fellowship and the like).

"Why are you excited for this game?,"
It's masks! I love PbtA games, and I've heard a lot of good things about Masks. I've also loved comics and superhero media since I was a kid, but I've always found most superhero RPG's to be very, VERY lacking (I grew up with Heroes Unlimited, so no surprise there).

"What are your expectations for this game?,"
RP interactions, a cool story, and to learn more about playing and running Masks!

"Why do you think you would be a good fit for this game?"
I always try and make sure everyone else is having fun (including the GM), and try and fit my character into the story. The goal of these games is for everyone to play off each other and develop the game collectively, and I think that's something I can do well.

Fugitive Unknown

Fugitive Unknown

Red - The Transformed
-----------

HERO NAME: "Red" (For now)
LOOK: A hulking stereotypical demon
ABILITIES: 

HOW POWERS MAKE YOU GROTESQUE:
Red appears to be a stereotypical straight up demon: a huge red humanoid with horns, bat like ears, and coal black eyes. He in no way passes for human. In addition, when he gets angry it becomes increasingly hard to control his emotions and thus things start to get smashed. This hasn't helped by lack of in person human interaction in the past few years.

LABELS

DANGER FREAK SAVIOR SUPERIOR MUNDANE
+2 +3 0 -1 -1

CONDITIONS

AFRAID -2 to Directly Engage a Threat
ANGRY -2 to Comfort or Support or Pierce the Mask
GUILTY -2 to Provoke Someone or Assess the Situation
HOPELESS -2 to Unleash Your Powers
INSECURE -2 to Defend Someone or Reject Others' Influence

BACKSTORY

• WHO WERE YOU BEFORE?

A regular kid, more or less, though his parents were a little religious, so he was a little sheltered. Still, he had fun.

• WHEN DID YOU CHANGED? WHAT CAUSED IT?

Dimitri was selected as a sacrifice by the Pact Mongers, a secret society of warlocks who wished for tremendous occult power. They were attempting to bind an extra planar being to a mortal form. Their ritual was disrupted before his own soul could be sealed away, but his form was irrevocably altered into that resembling a classical demon.

• WHO, OUTSIDE OF THE TEAM, IS HELPING YOU TO UNDERSTAND YOUR NEW BODY?

Originally, it was Hexlock who had disrupted the plans of the Pact Mongers. However, Hexlock was one of the heroes seized by the aliens. Now, Red lives in a government appointed foster home. He has a handler named Richard Davis, who has been trained for this but finds it hard to really connect with Dimitri.

• WHY DONT YOU JUST TRIED TO HIDE YOURSELF AWAY?

That's exactly what he did. In fact, he was attending school remotely and masquerading as normal kid. Red had no desire to be a hero since he could barely control his powers, in the hope that one day Hexlock would be able to reverse the ritual. That seems impossible now, and Red has reluctantly decided he needs to associate with other "exceptional students" to control his powers. Besides, he's basically a moral person, and his social worker has been pushing him to use his powers for good.

• WHY DO YOU CARE ABOUT THE TEAM?

They represent Red's best hope to become Dimitri again, or at least be able to relate to him. Also, spending the last two years isolated and alone has made him miss "real company" severely.  Individually, he hasn't gotten to know them yet, and still harbors some distrust towards non-humans due to his early religious teachings.

WHEN OUR TEAM FIRST CAME TOGETHER...

WHO IS IT?

RELATIONSHIPS:

INFLUENCE:

MOVES:

Move List

Wish I could be...

Unstoppable  

MOMENT OF TRUTH:

TEAM MOVES:

POTENTIAL:

Every time you roll a miss on a move, mark potential.

ADVANCEMENT:
When you fill your potential track, you advance. Choose from the list below. When you've taken five advances from the top list, you can take advances from the list below the line.

Take a move from another playbook
Take a doom, doomtrack, and doomsigns from the Doomed playbook
Someone permanently loses influence over you, add +1 to a Label
Rearrange your Labels as you choose, and add +1 to a Label
Mutate further and reveal another two new abilities (chosen from any playbook)

Change playbooks
Take an adult move
Take an adult move
Lock a Label, and add +1 to a Label of your choice
Retire from the life or become a paragon of the city

"What kind of player are you?,"

I'm a highly adaptive player. By that, I mean I try and adapt my play to the style that I see in the game. In classic dungeon crawlers, I try to make characters who contribute to the party goals and are tactically effective. In more RP focused narrative style games, I tend to do try and fit in to the GM's expectations, though I rarely get to play these sorts of games given my usual group leanings.

I'm a very experienced RPer (30+ years) though I'm somewhat new to both Mythweavers (I have an old account but I never used it) and Masks. I have played a few other PBTA games (Fellowship and the like).

"Why are you excited for this game?,"
It's masks! I love PbtA games, and I've heard a lot of good things about Masks. I've also loved comics and superhero media since I was a kid, but I've always found most superhero RPG's to be very, VERY lacking (I grew up with Heroes Unlimited, so no surprise there).

"What are your expectations for this game?,"
RP interactions, a cool story, and to learn more about playing and running Masks!

"Why do you think you would be a good fit for this game?"
I always try and make sure everyone else is having fun (including the GM), and try and fit my character into the story. The goal of these games is for everyone to play off each other and develop the game collectively, and I think that's awesome. I'm