Chapter 1: All the King's Men

Gregorotto

spacer.png

Armen LotheedHuman Bard 1
HP 17/17 | AC 16 | Fort +4 | Ref +5 | Will +7 | Perception +7 | Hero Points 1
Focus Points 3/3 | Spell Slots (1st - 2/2) | Class DC 17

"No!" Armen screams as the mad prince plunges his dagger into Kalbio's heart.

What madness is this? What paranoid delusions is the Grand Prince suffering under? If Eutropia wants her father dead so that she can claim the throne, it's only because the man has clearly lost his mind.

Groetus may be a god of madness--lunacy, one might say--but not all forms of insanity are equal. If Stalvan were simply babbling to himself in his chambers, he wouldn't be doing any real harm. But this? This sudden, unnecessary coup de tat? What's the bloody point of it?

Armen did not even attempt to smuggle a weapon in, but he does have his violin and a handful of sharp objects he pocketed earlier in case violence was needed against Trant's lackeys. He draws forth his instrument, letting the wood-and-leather carrying case clatter to the floor, tucks it under his chin, and places bow to string. He can feel the magic stirring within him, waiting to be released. He just needs to avoid being hacked to pieces long enough to use it.

OOC

Well, since you said to get creative... Armen will roll Performance for initiative to time his music to the rhythm of combat.

Name
Performance
1d20+8 15

image.png.e3e76c1146c91f6f94bf0c398e800fdd.pngGreyrose was not entirely caught off guard. The sudden presence of armed guards, the wild look in the prince's eyes, the uncomfortable exchange between Eutropia and Stavian. Each of these small hints called out to Greyrose - not to mention that he and Hrotha had just watched a ghostly play about a historic slaughter in the Senate Building. The spirits of this place had been trying to warn him. There may be a few new ghosts haunting its halls, before the night is through.

"... the Mausoleum awaits, Lord Lotheed." Greyrose knew of a well-hidden chamber, where the dead are buried beneath the Senate that rumor says connects to the sewers. History says it has been sealed for at least a thousand years, but that that magic, given by magi from Osirion who worship Nethys, gave select senators a way to reach this underground chamber in times of turmoil. That art is believed to be lost but Greyrose also knows that Bartleby belongs to a secret society dedicated to the pursuit of arcane magic with Nethys as a patron. If he didn't know how to access it, he would at least recognize the implication. "Lorelei, fate has brought you here for a reason...." If Lord Lotheed has not been entrusted with these secrets, Lorelei's field of study might be the key to solving the riddle. Greyrose only regretted that they had not had time, earlier, to solve the Osirian puzzle he had brought with him.

OOC

Since Greyrose was looking for anything out of the ordinary let's have him use Perception for initiative.

Name
Perception for Initiative
1d20+7 15

spacer.pngHrotha Vinmark

HP: 19/19 | AC: 15 (18 arm/20 shl) | Fort: +6  Ref: +5  Will: +5 | H-Points: 0 | Languages: Common, Orc, Celestial

Current Conditions: None

Active Abilities: None

Bloody F-ing Murder!

"Monster!" Of course Hrotha has heard the rumors about the Grand Prince and his peculiar manners but nothing could have prepared her for this. To go from awed at the presence of the nation's leader to horrified at his actions in the span of a moment. There are shouts, screams, clattering all around her and for the first time tonight she doesn't hesitate. Shoving the person in front of her, she barrels forward, using arms and shoulders to knock aside anyone who would dare crowd her away from her goal. Kalbios, or the broken body formerly belonging to Kalbios, is near enough to smell the blood and she will reach it no matter the cost.

"Lunatic bastard!" What could be gained? To slaughter an entire crowd because the world is moving on without you? Nobility breeds sick minds, she is no stranger to that, but this is beyond her comprehension. "MOVE!" She plants a hand in the chest of a stunned gawker, shoving them back away from the stage. Away from the guard and their bared blades. Her eyes jump left to right, searching for a serving platter or plank of wood to put between herself and any assault.

OOC Details

Athletics for Initiative

Name
Athletics for Initiative
1d20+6 1

Albrecht_3-removebg-preview.png.87997e0dce83a86835efeda1ba50ec9c.pngLorelei Albrecht

Human Osirionologist Magus (1)

HP: 17/17 | AC: 17 | Fort: +6  Ref: +7  Will: +5 | Hero Points: 1 | Languages: Azlanti, Osiriani, Ancient Osiriani, Varisian

Grand Prince Stavian's arrival immediately sets Lorelei on edge. It begins as a nervous energy regarding being in the presence of such a level of nobility that she had never expected to be within sightline of. But as things evolve, it quickly twists into a knot of fear in the pit of her stomach. She can feel that Martella is worried, perhaps even fearful herself. Lord Bartleby’s approach only twists her guts further, especially when he decides to lock eyes with her of all people. She cannot meet his gaze; her darting eyes look to the floor, the wall, the crowd — anywhere but Bartleby’s stare. 

But even as she considers herself to know fear as much as her closest relative, she quickly learns that she has never felt true fear in her life. No. Not until the moment that the Prince jabs his blade into Kalbios. Then she finally understands.

She wants to scream — to cry out in utter horror — but she is completely paralyzed. She is faintly aware that there is screaming and chaos all around her, but the beating of her own heart is cacophonous in her ears. It is only when she hears Greyrose’s low and calm voice that she is pulled from her stupor. “W-w-w…what? What is- I do not know what you mean. I-…” She swallows hard and blinks rapidly while watching the chaos around her, as if she is a passive observer. Her eyes follow Hrotha as she leaps into action, and once more Lorelei finds herself envious of the woman’s bravery and ability to act in the moment. 

What is a young librarian to do in a moment such as this? Her expertise, if one can even call it that, is centered around the silent text comfortably tucked between parchment pages. It is about as far as one can get from the din and danger of combat and tragedy. Her expertise is in passive observance, not action. 

“What ever do you mean, Greyrose?! Now is no time to be mysterious and vague!” She finds herself snapping at the man who had done her no wrong, but such is the way of those cursed with fear. She can feel the adrenaline coursing through her, making her eyes vibrate and making her hands shake. “We have to get out of here! We need- We-…” Her eyes darted wildly around the room. 

In a single moment of pause, she hears that voice again. It wants to reveal itself. It wants to fight. It speaks of action; it screams of vengeance.

Her eyes are wide; fearful. The light brown of her irises swirl with a hidden power…or perhaps a hidden curse. Her elegant green dress suddenly billows slightly, as if brushed by a passing breeze. Something is building up inside of her, and she isn’t entirely sure of what it is. It both terrifies and excites her. It feels like…potential energy, ready to be released…but she is missing something. Two things, in fact. She knows exactly what those things are, even if she does not know why she needs them. “I need my mask…my book. It calls to me. Ka amhet khem satar Sha Washeb.” The words escape her lips in a breathy and desperate whisper before she even realizes she is saying it. Her harrowed stare locks on Greyrose. She does not know what to do. 

OoC

Lorelei will tap into her curse to inspire action. For that reason, I am going to weirdly roll Occultism for initiative. Also rolling a Society (?) check to see if I can figure out what Greyrose is referencing.

But I am not exactly sure if it is our turn or the Ulfen Guards turn.

Edited by Spektor (see edit history)
Name
Society
1d20+6 13
Occultism (Initiative)
1d20+6 14

Armen's voice is the first to rise up against what is about to happen, Kalbio a prelude to slaughter. The Ulfen Guard begins stepping forth, and as magic surges around him and Greyrose gives his cryptic warnings to Lord Lotheed and to Lorelei, and Hrotha quickly moves to get the gawkers out of their stunned state. It has the desired effect, as the gawker begins to scream and moves behind Hrotha, not that it matters: the Ulfgen Guard has everyone surrounded. Fighting their way out is the only way, and as the panic sets in, an inner circle of terrified nobles and guests begins to form.

Bartleby Lotheed looks cryptically at Greyrose, trying to work out his suggestion, before realizing what he's saying. "Well lay on, occultist, if you know the way. I do not." Martella similarly shakes her head. "I've not the foggiest where we would find the way there."

Nearby, it is Duranis Cicato, drawing his blade, who heralds what is to come. "Taldor! Defend your princess!" Other senators and nobles begin to draw weapons, tied or not: Charlotte Deschamps draws daggers from the folds of her dress, clearly ready for anything; Tanasha Starborn surrounds herself with magic, and others besides; Malphene Trant and her companions all draw their weapons, looking terrified but determined. Amadorian Dou huddles behind the crowd, not drawing anything; Octavia Nicodemius does not look remotely moved by any of this, but her wizen features show a severe amount of annoyance as a green spirit of a Taldane knight or yore forms beside her, ready to defend her and those around her. Hrotha spots Nicolaus Okerra, a hidden set of knives out, telling a group of children to get behind him; can the man get any more dashing? Eutropia, blade already drawn, stares at her father with steeled determination; beside her, Gloriana Morrila rubs her ruby necklace, and it is in that moment that Armen notices she wears a pin exactly like Martella, like Malphene Trant: like them, but larger, like Martella's own. What does it mean? And what is Morilla looking for?

The Ulfen Guard steps forward, and soon, blood will fall.

Out of Combat

spacer.png

Initiative:
Party18
Ulfen Guard
Crowd

Enemies:
Grand Prince Stavian
50+ Ulfen Guards
50+ Blackclad Figures

Begin Round 1!

Alright here's how this is going to go. AC 15 to hit, I'll let roleplaying guide if Ulfen Guard/black-clad Ulfen warriors die or not, instead of giving you hit points. I'll roll against you and damage will carry over into Chapter 2 accordingly.

We'll post in whatever order you lot want. Post Reactions in your post if you intend on them happening; but if a specific trigger is called upon that doesn't activate until my next GM post that is a very specific reaction, we can work things out in Discord. Since this is our first combat and it's not a 100% legal, let's work out what kinks we have.

Since some of us aren't too experienced with PF2e combat just yet, feel free to ask questions and work things out in Discord, folks. I'm here to help and so are our veterans.

spacer.png

HP 17/17 | AC 16 | Fort +4 | Ref +5 | Will +7 | Perception +7 | Hero Points 1
Focus Points 3/3 | Spell Slots (1st - 1/2) | Class DC 17

As the Ulfen warriors close in, Armen plays a quick, sharp series of notes on his violin, channeling the magical power inherent in his blood to a razor-sharp point. Then, the power making the tips of his hair rise, he slashes out with his violin bow at one of the murderous guardsmen and shouts, "Traitor!"

The man's head suddenly snaps back like he's been stuck in the face by an ogre; there's an audible crunch as his vertebrae snap and he crumbles to the floor, his panicked eyes focused on the man behind him.

Armen returns bow to string and resumes playing, eyeing the surging tide of bodies around him. "Is there a plan yet?!" he demands, addressing the question to both Greyrose and his brother but not taking his eyes from the horde of enemies.

OOC

Action 1: Inspire Courage!

Actions 2 & 3: Cast Biting Words and make an attack. Rolled a 24 on Discord, +1 from inspire courage, makin' it a crit for 14 damage.

image.png.e3e76c1146c91f6f94bf0c398e800fdd.pngGreyrose displayed only mild disappointment when Bartleby confessed to knowing nothing of the entrance to the Mausoleum. He spotted Octavia Nicodemius beyond them looking more annoyed than afraid, as she calls forth a ghostly spiritual knight to defend her. If any of the senators had any hint of the location of such an escape-tunnel, it occurs to him that Lady Nicodemius might be among those who possess the secret of the door's location. Bartleby and Lorelei might still be the keys to opening it.

Still, if anyone could find an ancient lost secret passage that lead to a mausoleum, with little-to-no information to go on, it would be Greyrose. While he did believe that the ghostly visions he and Hrotha witnessed in the washroom were an omen, perhaps a warning, it did not appear that the senator-ghost found any secret safe passage from that room. Could those ancient prayers have been in Osirian? Were they looking for the passage when they were forced to cower in a stall? If he led the others there, they might meet similar ends.

Moving quickly, Greyrose weaved between combatants - himself, unarmed and unarmored - in an attempt to close some distance between their group and Octavia Nicodemius, "Viscountess!" Greyrose calls out, sensing an opportune moment between avoiding strikes. He was not a high-priority target but their enemies were indiscriminate. "... we must get the princess to safety! Can you lead us to the House of the Dead, buried beneath these halls?" He waved one arm around and caught his cape, preparing to use it to distract any nearby Ulfen guards although it would do little to stop their blades.

OOC

Free Action: Greyrose will use Expeditious Inspection to make a Recall Knowledge check with Lore (Spirits) to see if he knows anything about this knight that is defending Octavia. Its probably an Eidolon but if it is the devotion phantom spirit of an actual knight with a name, it might be cool to know if Greyrose knows who they are, or anything they stood for in life.

Action 1: Stride to somewhere relatively safe between Martella and Octavia and the princess (who is still right next to the crazy prince?)

Action 2: Persuade Octavia to help lead them to the ancient secret escape tunnels (once they free the princess)? Hopefully she's on board already, but I will include the check in case she is disinclined. I think Greyrose at least made an okay impression earlier.

Action 3: Uh... I guess he will Interact with his Dueling Cape for the +1 AC bonus until his next turn.

Name
Recall Knowledge (Lore Spirits) (+6)
1d20+6 3
Persuade w/ Diplomacy (+2)
1d20+2 8

spacer.pngHrotha Vinmark

HP: 19/19 | AC: 15 (18 arm/20 shl) | Fort: +6  Ref: +5  Will: +5 | H-Points: 0 | Languages: Common, Orc, Celestial

Current Conditions: None

Active Abilities: None

I am the Bastion, I am the Wall, I Will not Falter!

"There are too many!" Her voice is steady, dropping in tone from it's usual husky to an outright growl. It is a statement of fact, one that is undeniable to anyone who can count, and she does not let her fear creep into her voice as she says it. Turning to position herself close to Lorelei, she brings her fists up and. Studying the advance, each Ulfen moving together as their training would demand, she keeps her eyes open for any assault on those nearest her. There is power in conviction and she has conviction in abundance, but she is only one person and they are legion. Lifting the serving tray, she holds it low enough that she can see over it but high enough to intervene in any swinging blades. What she wouldn't give for a belt to strap the damn thing on her arm.

"Come on, then! Obey your lunatic master and see how many broken bones you acquire in the process." She meets the first one to step in on her with a foot, low and firmly planted. No matter how much you practice, fists against swords is never the ideal situation. She catches sight of Okerra and commits the scene to memory for...later, should such a thing exist. They all need a path out and that means focused attacks from everyone. "We need to make a hole. Every blade this way!" She tucks her shoulder low, holding the tray out front as she makes a sudden lunge forward toward the Ulfen's directly ahead of her. If they could hit them hard enough they'd have to break to defend themselves. It was a gambit, and pretty much the only one available, but Hrotha would happily lead it if it meant anyone had a chance to get out.

OOC Details

Action 1: Raise Serving Tray per the Raise Shield action, giving me that beautiful 17 AC (or whatever an improvised shield might provide)

Action 2: Kick any mofo that steps close, right in the jimmy cause there are no rules in a street fight! Forgot Armen's Inspire so I actually got a 9. Definitely taking Wrestler as my Free Archetype next level.

Action 3: ShoveRequirements You have at least one hand free. The target can’t be more than one size larger than you.

You push a creature away from you. Attempt an Athletics check against your target's Fortitude DC.

Critical Success You push your target up to 10 feet away from you. You can Stride after it, but you must move the same distance and in the same direction.

Success You push your target back 5 feet. You can Stride after it, but you must move the same distance and in the same direction.

Critical Failure You lose your balance, fall, and land prone.
to try and break up the circle? I'll try that. Got a 26 so maybe that's more effective than the 8 from before. I dunno.

Reaction: I will use Glimpse of RedemptionTrigger: An enemy damages your ally, and both are within 15 feet of you.

Your foe hesitates under the weight of sin as visions of redemption play in their mind’s eye. The foe must choose one of the following options:

The ally is unharmed by the triggering damage.

The ally gains resistance to all damage against the triggering damage equal to 2 + your level. After the damaging effect is applied, the enemy becomes enfeebled 2 until the end of its next turn.
on the first attack against a PC ally within 15 feet of me.

Edited by DoNotFearToTread (see edit history)
Name
Unnarmed Attack for Action 2
1d20+6 2
Shove Action using Athletics for Action 3
1d20+6 20

Albrecht_3-removebg-preview.png.87997e0dce83a86835efeda1ba50ec9c.pngLorelei Albrecht

Ka

HP: 17/17 | AC: 17 | Fort: +6  Ref: +7  Will: +5 | Hero Points: 0 (-1) | Languages: Azlanti, Osiriani, Ancient Osiriani, Varisian | Spellstrike: 0/1

Confounded by the voice in her mind, Lorelei appears on the verge of curling herself into the fetal position and hoping that none of this is real. She raises her hands to cover her ears and clenches her eyes shut, "Stop...stop...be quiet, please...please...STOP...SHUT UP!" She does, in fact, squat down, growing ever nearer to that fetal position. Her hands move from her ears to her hair, clenching the carefully braided threads of red between her fingers. For a moment, it seems that she might actually go insane before being killed by one of the mad Prince's guard.

"Get out! Get out! Get out of my head!" She screams, nearly ripping her hair from her scalp in her moment of madness. Her teeth grit behind her painted lips and she feels that if she clenches her eyelids closed any tighter, her eyeballs might pop inside of her skull. "(Ancient Osiriani) Amun djeba neser khet Sa...neken ib hesek kekewey..." She rocks back and forth inLoreleiKa.png.ddf18cda99100ff5a0cec0331ec597c3.png place for a few seconds, and one of the Ulfen guards seems to find himself an easy target. He grins as he steps forward with his blade, ready to strike her down. In the very moment where it seems Lorelei might break, she speaks, "...So be it."

The tension in her body immediately releases. Her eyes open, shining a brighter gold color than ever before. Her gaze is piercing, confident. As the Ulfen guard draws near, Lorelei moves with a speed that she thought was impossible. Her hand whips to the split in her dress and, in one swift movement, she draws the Kris hidden there and slices upwards in a standing, twisting motion while her other hand moves in the pattern of ancient arcane symbols.

The blade rips open a gaping wound in the Ulfen's gut that reaches to the base of his throat. That alone would have been enough, but the Kris also drips with some otherworldly, greenish-black arcane energy that seems to eat away at the skin and make the cut even worse. The air around her fills with the smell of cooking flesh and the sound of the Ulfen's death rattle. The energy around her blade disperses but its edge drips with the dark crimson of the late Ulfen Guard's life blood. Without a word, her eyes immediately turn to the next enemy nearest to her. There is a promise of death in that gaze, and Ka -- or 'fate' -- always delivers on a promise.

OoC

Action 1: Draw Kris
Action 2 & 3: Spellstrike - Acid Splash

Used a Hero Point.

Name
Spellstrike - Acid Splash
1d20+7 1
Hero Point Reroll
1d20+7 13
Kris Damage
1d4+1 2
Acid Splash Damage
1d6+1 2

⚔ Round I ⚔

The defenders do not wait to strike out: that is the way to death. Action, or death: those are the two ways forward.

Having already shown his deft control of the magic of music, Armen begins with a spell-binding song that inspires those around him, even beyond his group: they cry out, blades drawn, magic ready to be cast, and defend themselves, and each other. No one is getting out of here alive if they are alone... not initially, anyway. But Armen's course does not stop there: he has a biting word or two for one of the Ulfen Guard, accusing them of being traitors. The shock in one's eyes is jarring, and it causes him to stop in his charge. The snap is deafening, a terrifying ordeal to behold.

Hrotha knows that well, and prepares to make herself a shield maiden of Taldor, serving tray as her shield and ready to push and shove and break a way across this encroaching circle of death that comes ever closer. While her kick hits only armor and the nearest Ulfen Guard grins a broken smile at her, the shove action is very real: it clears a real circle, and soon others make for the break in the wall, led by Duranis Cicato and that red-armored champion of Ragathiel, Remiliard Kastner, the duo cutting down two more and making the gap wider. As the Ulfen Guard bears down upon them and the black-clad warriors close ranks and make the circle tighter where they can, the one beside the Ulfen Armen killed breaks rank and moves for the troubadour, both Bartelby and Martella screaming out for him as the axe comes down.

And then she is there, the blur that resembles Lorelei. Acid hits first, burning the Ulfen's face, the axe falling from his grip; but the blade finishes the job, slicing across his neck: his fate is met. Martella and Bartelby's screams strangle in their throat, moved by this sudden action and the strange light in Lorelei's eyes as the Ulfen Guard bears down.

Nearby, Greyrose broke rank entirely to move to the princess, and to find information with Octavia Nicodemius, the Viscountess cocking her head as her spectral guardian moves forward and cuts down two Ulfen Guards effortlessly. "In the Arcade, there's a way. If we can make our way there—" Her eyes go wide as one of the black-clad warriors fighting alongside the Ulfen Guard comes up behind her and impales her with her blade through the stomach. She grimaces, turning with fiery blue energy in her hands and setting that hand upon the attacker's face, blade still through her: the face rips away to muscle and bone before the woman in black collapses to the ground at the Viscountess' feet. Two attendants move to her, but she refuses to let them remove the blade from her, for fear of opening the wound. "Lead them, Greyrose. I'll come as I can."

Eutropia rallies, moving to the break that has been made. "To me, Taldor! Fight for your lives!" Her blade drawn, she is a sight to behold with how she flourishes it. One of the attendants to Lady Morilla stands beside her, blade ready, the elven woman slicing and dicing as she goes. But the Ulfen Guard and their attendants are rallying too, and come down on everyone: and some even have crossbows. Lorelei finds one with an axe at her side, swinging down at her: but the miss only breaks a tile at her feetAttack vs. Lorelei, 4 to hit, misses. Greyrose similarly avoids being hitAttack vs. Greyrose, 6 to hit, miss, while a crossbow bolt hits and bends the sterlin silver trayAttack vs. Hrotha, 11 to hit, miss Hrotha used as a shield. It is Armen to takes a hit to the shoulder, as a crossbow bolt tears into the shoulder not bearing his instrument: fortunately Hrotha's shattered makeshift shield goes flying and catches the shard, reducing it to a glancing blowAttack vs. Armen, 18 to hit, 6 piercing damage reduced by 3 due to Hrotha's Reaction; 3 piercing damage total.

Somewhere beyond, there is a cry: "Lion Blades! Defend the Princess!" The voice is familiar.

Help from beyond?

Out of Combat

spacer.png

Initiative:
Party18
Ulfen Guard
Crowd

Enemies:
Grand Prince Stavian
49+ Ulfen Guards
49+ Blackclad Figures

Begin Round 2!

The next post is your last for this round; but is it the end of combat?

Edited by Gregorotto (see edit history)

spacer.png

HP 14/17 | AC 16 | Fort +4 | Ref +5 | Will +7 | Perception +7 | Hero Points 1
Focus Points 3/3 | Spell Slots (1st - 1/2) | Class DC 17

Armen gasps in pain as the crossbow bolt, though partially deflected by Hrotha's timely intervention, cuts a gash across his shoulder. It's unlike other pains that the young nobleman has encountered thus far in his life; hot and sharp and absolutely to be avoided in the future. This introduction to battlefield wounds is an experience that may one day help him complete his magnum opus--assuming, of course, that he doesn't die here.

Distracting as the cut may be, it's not deep enough to impair his playing. He continues his song, a melody of determination and righteous anger, sensing that the magic he's channeling through the song is bolstering the resolve of Princess Eutropia's other defenders. The princess' call to arms draws his attention, and he looks up to see the magnificent woman fighting with elegance and fury. As another of the treacherous guardsmen attempts to close with her, Armen whips his bow at the man and shouts, "Treasonous snake!" His magic again amplifies his words with a whipcrack of thunderous force.

Still playing, he begins carefully backing towards Eutropia, heeding her rallying cry. He spots a familiar-looking silhouette at the princess' side and falters for just a heartbeat. Is that...? He shakes his head, dispelling the thought. Whether it is or isn't doesn't matter at the moment. What's important is reaching the princess' side.

OOC

Action 1: Inspire Courage!

Action 2: Use another charge of biting words on another enemy.

Action 3: Stride towards where Princess Eutropia is making her stand.

Edited by Kavonde (see edit history)
Name
Biting Words spell attack
1d20+8 9
Biting Words damage
2d6 1,6

image.png.e3e76c1146c91f6f94bf0c398e800fdd.pngFor a man who, in principle, has little occasion for violence, Greyrose manages to avoid being cut down by the Ulfen Guard, who trained quite extensively for violence. Amid the chaos, few spare Greyrose any attention but those who do might see that he seems just a step or two ahead of his opponent. Whether this is evidence of a true supernatural precognitive gift or simply the ability of a con-man to read a mark, even under stress, Greyrose manages to avoid joining the ghosts with whom he communes.

"The Dead shall offer succor, from the Arcade, if we fall back," he shouts to Bartleby and Lorelei, hoping at least Bartleby understands his meaning and can reach it first and begin the search. Greyrose joins Armen's side, near the princess, to begin clearing a path so that the princess could fall back to the Arcade, and then the secret tunnels through the Mausoleum.

Greyrose could clearly see that he was outmatched in this fight. Their opponents outnumbered them and possessed armor and weapons. While Hrotha had a plate and Armen had a violen, Greyrose had only his intuition, and that was telling him that their best bet was to use the secret escape tunnels.

OOC

Action 1: Devise a Stratagem (got a 5, so won't bother attacking)

Action 2: Stride to join Armen and get close to the princess if possible.

Action 3: Interact with Dueling Cape to help his defense again.

Edited by BlackHat (see edit history)
Name
Devise a Stratagem
1d20 5

LoreleiKa.png.ddf18cda99100ff5a0cec0331ec597c3.pngLorelei Albrecht

Ka

HP: 17/17 | AC: 17 | Fort: +6  Ref: +7  Will: +5 | Hero Points: 0 | Languages: Azlanti, Osiriani, Ancient Osiriani, Varisian | Spellstrike: 0/1 | Conditions: Arcane Cascade Stance

One of the Ulfen guards seeks vengeance for his fallen comrade and comes at the red-haired blur with a raised axe. Even as she stares at her next target, Lorelei (or whatever being has possessed her) lithely steps to the side and lets the weapon crash down where she once stood. With one leg still raised from the dodge, she brings her knee towards her center of balance and moves her arms in quick arching patterns before settling into an odd yet balanced fighting stance. Taking the stance seems to activate some power within her; across her pallid skin, strange markings like hieroglyphs swirl faintly and her clothes billow in an unseen wind. “Arah Falur Mhet.” Her voice is cold and low, but seems to echo over the din of violence. 

The words activate the inner power and leftover fragments of greenish-black energy from her last spell casting swirl around her hands. Lorelei uses the Ulfen’s missed attack as an opportunity to bring her blade down towards the opening in his armor at the nape of his neck. A wet spatter of red sprays across her dress and face indicating a successful hit, but she quickly twirls the blade and follows with a downwards stab to ensure the work is done. 

She raises back to her full height, and the curse of Ka searches for its next victim. Whatever has happened to Lorelei, she has become a whirling dervish of slaughter…and she does not seem particularly interested in leaving. Nor does she seek to protect anyone, for that matter. She is here to bring justice; she is here to bring death. This is Lorelei’s will. Therefore, this is Ka’s purpose.

OoC

Action 1: Take the Arcane Cascade stance. Because of my focus of Laughing Shadow, I gain +10 to my speed for being unarmored and my attacks do +1 acid damage (since my last spell was acid splash) or +3 acid damage if the creature is flat footed.

Action 2: Strike

Action 3: Strike 2. If someone’s not within range I can use a throwing knife.

Name
Strike 1
1d20+7 11
(If hits) Damage
1d4+2 3
Strike 2
1d20+3 19
(If hits) Damage 2
1d4+2 1

⚔ Round II ⚔

They have one chance of escape, and they fight for their lives trying to get it.

As biting words and daggers make their way through the group, Greyrose gives his message to Bartelby, who looks at him, squints his eyes, and then an understanding passes through his face. "Where is the archivist? We need the archivist!" Martella, looking around as well, looks as desperate as her brother as their group collides with Duranis Cicato and now Princess Eutropia's group, who fight in tandem. Bartelby and Martella join them, and Bartelby repeats Greyrose's command as the being within Lorelei, Armen, and Hrotha continue their slashing and biting words. "Princess, there's a passage through the tombs we can—"

Gloriana Morilla speaks in his stead. "—use to escape. Very good, Lord Lotheed, we already know. My Society agents are already a step ahead of you. If we can meet with the Lion Blades—"

Her own words are cut short by the blasting of a horn outside of the Senate, followed by more distant cries: Ulfen horns, Hrotha can tell. Reinforcements for the Grand Prince. They're already surrounded, and they will soon have more troops at their backs.

It is then that Greyrose notices it, and Armen too. Looking at his companions, at one of Morilla's Pathfinder Society agents, that they notice the senate aide badge begins to glow. Looking to one another, and then to Lorelei, to Hrotha, they notice the same light—but not on Martella, not on Eutropia, not on Gloriana.

A light flashes as Duranis Cicato and his allies hit hard against the Ulfen Guard and the mercenaries, and then only darkness remains for Martella's agents—darkness, and the smell of cold earth.

spacer.png