Edit History

tbgg

tbgg

spacer.pngMeryelle "Mery" Keryndon

Half-Elf Sage College of Lore Bard

AC: 13 (Leather Armor) | HP: 12/12 (1d8+2) +2 Tough | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10, Insight 10, Investigation 14
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 14 (+2) | Wis: 11 (+0) | Cha: 16 (+3)
Languages: Common, Elvish, Solamnic, Kharolian, Draconic

Spell-casting: +5 or DC 13 | 1st 2/2

Mery opens her mouth to tell Artanis about why history matters as well as the value of what the Aesthetics do when the young knight suddenly rises and takes his dishes into the kitchen, so she closes it again.  This should probably be a private conversation, anyway, and there are others I should speak to.  And I should think about the best way to explain everything, too.  See if I can figure out how to put it in a way he can relate to.

When Artanis returns and puts a friendly hand on Emil's shoulder and the second knight removes it, she frowns slightly.  Emil is a riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped in a mystery.  There is a story there, but I suspect it will not be easily learned, and probably not in front of so many strangers. Perhaps he would be more at ease in private conversation.  One question does strike her as worth asking right now, though. "Tell me, Sir Emil, do you know of a particular threat that we should all be aware of, or is it simply a preference of yours to be prepared for battle at all times?"

She tells Hunni, "What you say is true.  We Talls do not really care to eat rat, although I suppose if times were desperate and food was scarce, we might eat it.  I am glad you are enjoying our kind of stew.  It is good.  Among your people, or even just for you personally, what spices do you like?  Personally, I'm a big fan of basil."

Then, remembering that Katlina had mentioned seeking out Cook's Utensils, Mery asks the Kender, "Or you for that matter?  What spices do the Kender commonly use in cooking?"

She tells Modri, "I am afraid I have never hunted in the way you speak of, as when I hunt, I tend to seek answers, but I can do some small magics, and I think I understand your excitement about seeing what your markings will do.  If we are all together when you find out, I hope you will show us.  Perhaps I will even buy you a drink to celebrate, if you would accept that."  She feels a little funny offering to buy the Dwarf a drink, but it was something he seemed to appreciate and she hopes he will be able to take it as a gesture of simple friendliness on her part.

She isn't quite sure what to make of Lisette.  She appears Elven, but something about her seems otherworldly beyond even the otherworldliness of ordinary Elves, even though I can't say what exactly is giving me that impression.  Then again, it's not like I'm an expert on ordinary Elves.  Echoing Artanis' question, she says to her, "Yes, I would be quite interested to hear how you met Ispin and if/how he has influenced you.  Also, where do you hail from originally?" Perhaps there would be a clue in the woman's origins.

I have not spoken to Coltan in a bit.  I will get back to him, that I swear.  But in the next round of conversation!

OOC

@PureChance I finally found some confirmation that Becklin is, in fact, female, so I'll go back and fix my post.  Glad to have that little mystery cleared up!

tbgg

tbgg

Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10, Insight 10, Investigation 13
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 13 (+1) | Wis: 10 (+0) | Cha: 17 (+3)

Mery opens her mouth to tell Artanis about why history matters as well as the value of what the Aesthetics do when the young knight suddenly rises and takes his dishes into the kitchen, so she closes it again.  This should probably be a private conversation, anyway, and there are others I should speak to.  And I should think about the best way to explain everything, too.  See if I can figure out how to put it in a way he can relate to.

When Artanis returns and puts a friendly hand on Emil's shoulder and the second knight removes it, she frowns slightly.  Emil is a riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped in a mystery.  There is a story there, but I suspect it will not be easily learned, and probably not in front of so many strangers. Perhaps he would be more at ease in private conversation.  One question does strike her as worth asking right now, though. "Tell me, Sir Emil, do you know of a particular threat that we should all be aware of, or is it simply a preference of yours to be prepared for battle at all times?"

She tells Hunni, "What you say is true.  We Talls do not really care to eat rat, although I suppose if times were desperate and food was scarce, we might eat it.  I am glad you are enjoying our kind of stew.  It is good.  Among your people, or even just for you personally, what spices do you like?  Personally, I'm a big fan of basil."

Then, remembering that Katlina had mentioned seeking out Cook's Utensils, Mery asks the Kender, "Or you for that matter?  What spices do the Kender commonly use in cooking?"

She tells Modri, "I am afraid I have never hunted in the way you speak of, as when I hunt, I tend to seek answers, but I can do some small magics, and I think I understand your excitement about seeing what your markings will do.  If we are all together when you find out, I hope you will show us.  Perhaps I will even buy you a drink to celebrate, if you would accept that."  She feels a little funny offering to buy the Dwarf a drink, but it was something he seemed to appreciate and she hopes he will be able to take it as a gesture of simple friendliness on her part.

She isn't quite sure what to make of Lisette.  She appears Elven, but something about her seems otherworldly beyond even the otherworldliness of ordinary Elves, even though I can't say what exactly is giving me that impression.  Then again, it's not like I'm an expert on ordinary Elves.  Echoing Artanis' question, she says to her, "Yes, I would be quite interested to hear how you met Ispin and if/how he has influenced you.  Also, where do you hail from originally?" Perhaps there would be a clue in the woman's origins.

I have not spoken to Coltan in a bit.  I will get back to him, that I swear.  But in the next round of conversation!

OOC

@PureChance I finally found some confirmation that Becklin is, in fact, female, so I'll go back and fix my post.  Glad to have that little mystery cleared up!

tbgg

tbgg

Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+2) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 13 (+1) | Wis: 10 (+0) | Cha: 17 (+3)

OOC

@PureChance I finally found some confirmation that Becklin is in fact, female, so I'll go back and fix my post.  Glad to have that little mystery cleared up!

tbgg

tbgg

OOC

OOC comments, if I have them, will go here.

tbgg

tbgg

Then, remembering that Katlina had mentioned seeking out Cook's Utensils, Mery asked the Kender, "Or you for that matter?  What spices do the Kender commonly use in cooking?"

OOC

tbgg

tbgg

She tells Modri, "I am afraid I have never hunted in the way you speak of, as when I hunt, I tend to seek answers, but I can do some small magics, and I think I understand your excitement about seeing what your markings will do.  If we are all together when you find out, I hope you will show us.  Perhaps I will even buy you a drink to celebrate, if you will accept that."  She feels a little funny offering to buy the Dwarf a drink, but it was something he seemed to appreciate and she hopes he will be able to take it as a gesture of simple friendliness on her part.

OOC

tbgg

tbgg

She tells Modri, "I am afraid I have never hunted in the way you speak of, as when I hunt, I tend to seek answers, but I can do some small magics, and I think I understand your excitement about seeing what your markings will do.  If we are all together when you find out, I hope you will show us.  Perhaps I will even buy you a drink to celebrate, if you will accept that."  She feels a little funny offering to buy the Dwarf a drink, but it was something he seemed to appreciate and she hopes he will be able to take it as a gesture of simple friendliness on her part.

She isn't quite sure what to make of Lisette.  She appears Elven, but something about her seems otherworldly beyond even the otherworldliness of ordinary Elves, even though I can't say what exactly is giving me that impression.  Then again, it's not like I'm an expert on ordinary Elves.  Echoing Artanis' question, she says to her, "Yes, I would be quite interested to hear how you met Ispin and if/how he has influenced you.  Also, where do you hail from originally?"

OOC

tbgg

tbgg

She isn't quite sure what to make of Lisette.  She appears Elven, but something about her seems otherworldly beyond even the otherworldliness of ordinary Elves, even though I can't say what exactly is giving me that impression.  Then again, it's not like I'm an expert on ordinary Elves.  Echoing Artanis' question, she says to her, "Yes, I would be quite interested to hear how you met Ispin and if/how he has influenced you."

OOC

tbgg

tbgg

She tells Hunni, "What you say is true.  We Talls do not really care to eat rat, although I suppose if times were desperate and food was scarce, we might eat it.  I am glad you are enjoying our kind of stew.  It is good.  Among your people, or even just for you personally, what spices do you like?  I find ordinary salt and pepper can help make many foods taste better."

She isn't quite sure what to make of Lisette.  She appears Elven, but something about her seems otherworldly beyond even the otherworldliness of ordinary Elves, even though I can't say what exactly is giving me that impression.  Then again, it's not like I'm an expert on ordinary Elves.  Echoing Artanis' question, she says to her, "Yes, I would be quite interested to hear how you met Ispin and if/how he has influenced you."

OOC

tbgg

tbgg

She tells Hunni, "What you say is true.  We Talls are do not really care to eat rat, although I suppose if times were desperate and food was scarce, we might eat it.  I am glad you are enjoying our kind of stew.  It is good.  Among your people, or even just for you personally, what spices do you like?  I find ordinary salt and pepper can help make many foods taste better."

OOC