Edit History

astronavigatrix

astronavigatrix

28 minutes ago, tbgg said:

@astronavigatrix I am now completely confused as to what you are expecting to happen in the IC thread.  Your character did something completely reasonable upon entering an inn where she presumably doesn't know anyone - she asked about food and drink.  Ordinarily, the GM would role-play a serving girl or other inn staff responding to her request.  In this case, the GM has asked US as players to role-play the innkeeper serving our characters.  If you as a player need to role-play this, there's no need for your character to be given any special instructions or to know anything out of the ordinary is going on.  I suppose you could argue we're having a free-for-all in terms of conversation, but that has nothing to do with the food, which is what you seemed to be implying.

Could you please restate in different words what you are expecting/hoping is going to happen here?

My thought was that the instruction for people to help themselves/the DM generally bowing out of the RP was ICly so the NPCs would have time to take care of other things in the inn overall and wouldn't always be in the room- and thus giving players more reason to interact without necessarily having to resort to the NPCs since we're meant to be building something of a dynamic between characters without giving the DM more to do. 

astronavigatrix

astronavigatrix

8 minutes ago, tbgg said:

@astronavigatrix I am now completely confused as to what you are expecting to happen in the IC thread.  Your character did something completely reasonable upon entering an inn where she presumably doesn't know anyone - she asked about food and drink.  Ordinarily, the GM would role-play a serving girl or other inn staff responding to her request.  In this case, the GM has asked US as players to role-play the innkeeper serving our characters.  If you as a player need to role-play this, there's no need for your character to be given any special instructions or to know anything out of the ordinary is going on.  I suppose you could argue we're having a free-for-all in terms of conversation, but that has nothing to do with the food, which is what you seemed to be implying.

Could you please restate in different words what you are expecting/hoping is going to happen here?

My thought was that the instruction for people to help themselves/the DM generally bowing out of the RP was ICly so the NPCs would have time to take care of other things in the inn overall and wouldn't always be in the room- and thus giving players more reason to interact without necessarily having to resort to the NPCs since we're meant to be building something of a dynamic between characters without giving the DM more to do.