Edit History

tbgg

tbgg

4 hours ago, JubalBreakbottle said:

Editing should not be this hard.

If you can get most of the extra stuff removed the normal way, I find using the Source button and clearing at the raw code level helps me get rid of the spoilers that won't clear normally. Of course, you need to understand a little bit about XML/HTML coding (I think that's what I'm seeing - looks like basic HTML intermingled with XML markers) to understand what to delete. Basically, if there's a marker like <p> or <fieldset>, you need to remove that and the closing </p> or </fieldset> markers (or everything in between up to and including the two markers).

It's still some extra work, which is a pain, but it gets the job done. What I don't know is how easy it would be to get the cursor where you need it using a tablet - I've always been a bit spastic with that. (I'm using a laptop now, so that problem is much less severe.)

It's weird, though, that when you clone, you get everything you've ever cloned related to that post. I only get double clones when I clone the same post multiple times while trying to create a new post. (Occasionally, I can't tell whether the clone 'took', so I clone again and ba-da-bing, I get two of them, but never everything I've ever cloned off of a given starting post).

I have noticed, though, that really long posts are difficult to edit normally. When I get a long one, I always have to go into the Source to edit it. I know the last time I accidentally double-cloned, I had to do that.

It would be nice if they could get us a couple of right-click options on the fieldsets - one to clear the contents but keep the fieldset, and a second one to remove the thing entirely.

tbgg

tbgg

1 hour ago, JubalBreakbottle said:

Editing should not be this hard.

If you can get most of the extra stuff removed the normal way, I find using the Source button and clearing at the raw code level helps me get rid of the spoilers that won't clear normally. Of course, you need to understand a little bit about XML coding (I think that's what I'm seeing) to understand what to delete. Basically, if there's a marker like <p> or <fieldset>, you need to remove that and the closing </p> or </fieldset> markers (or everything in between up to and including the two markers).

It's still some extra work, which is a pain, but it gets the job done. What I don't know is how easy it would be to get the cursor where you need it using a tablet - I've always been a bit spastic with that. (I'm using a laptop now, so that problem is much less severe.)

It's weird, though, that when you clone, you get everything you've ever cloned related to that post. I only get double clones when I clone the same post multiple times while trying to create a new post. (Occasionally, I can't tell whether the clone 'took', so I clone again and ba-da-bing, I get two of them, but never everything I've ever cloned off of a given starting post).

I have noticed, though, that really long posts are difficult to edit normally. When I get a long one, I always have to go into the Source to edit it. I know the last time I accidentally double-cloned, I had to do that.

It would be nice if they could get us a couple of right-click options on the fieldsets - one to clear the contents but keep the fieldset, and a second one to remove the thing entirely.