Edit History

TheWordWeaver

TheWordWeaver

line-break-clipart-2.png.421f3824a8bdfee29df9876444eb7ac8.png

The Serene Holds of Urzoa

Chapter 1: Unrest in Baromenes                                                                                                                   Part 1: A Gathering of Wanderers

HD-wallpaper-city-of-athens-art-world-gaoart-fantasy-luminos-gao-ciy-athens.jpg.4f2c51e1f451f6a5cd65fbad03e41b2a.jpg

🎵 Theme 🎵

PART 1:
A GATHERING OF WANDERERS

"Fight you will, as I've said I've only come to warn you, consider this your only warning." Death raised a skeletal hand and from it, a box appeared in a blaze of black flame. "When the time comes, you will need this. do not lose it." The box was small, about the size of a small jewelry box. The lid was hinged open, revealing a small vacant red plush on which something could be placed. Death then looked to Mags "By my count, thirty seconds. Do not be mistaken if I were sent here to take your lives there'd be no need to 'set you up'." She says as she moves closer, leans down, and places the box on the cobblestone floor. There is no malice in her words, only a certain finality. Death takes a few steps back, "Endure the darkness, make our stand." Death mimicked as she slowly turned and walked away phasing through Billie's shadow that seemed to jitter as she did so. "I always loved the way you mortals fought for life. It makes the ending that much sweeter." 

With each step, she slowly dissipated into smoke, slowly slinking into the earth. "Good luck, Heroes..." These were the final words that resounded throughout the area as her form fully disappeared from this realm leaving behind a black mark of decay upon the stones where she had made her exit. The cold was replaced with warmth, birds could be heard in the distance. The next few moments all seemed to happen in a blur. First the heavy sounds of footsteps. Then the sword in Billie's hand begins to thum in her grasp.

From the outskirts around you, twelve of what look to be guards circle you. These however are not the city guard you've seen before, these people wear a mismatch of silver and black armor, each adorned with Chains in various manors as if cobbled together themselves. Each with a spear at the ready, however, they do not strike. The lines break for a moment and two individuals stop 30 feet from you. One is a tall orc, a scar runs down one side of his face over a clouded eye. He looks battered and worn, one of his tusks is broken. He smiles when he sees the box in front of you.

"Thiovanya was right, the box and the pawns all in one area. Ripe for the picking." The orc says unsheathing his blade from his back, his voice a gruff bark over the running water behind you.

"Don't get too messy this time, last time you got blood all over my armor." The other man complained. He was human or at least once was human. His skin was a sickly gray color and his eyes were sunken. "If you give us the box, without a fight. We will make your deaths painless." The man called out. He held a longsword in one hand and held his other outstretched. "Why die tired?" 

Baromenes
3:04 pm
Wineday (Wednesday), 17th of Midsummer, 495 AC

SCENE INSTRUCTIONS
Our Heroes are surrounded by danger on all sides. A deal has been offered, will they take it? What will they do?  

We are not in initiative yet, I'm guessing that will not be the case very soon XD. There are 12 guards surrounding you on all sides and 2 higher-ups within 30 feet of the box and you and 15 feet from Billie's Echo. I will be making a battle map if you all would like to use one. If you would like to roll any checks just let me know.

TheWordWeaver

TheWordWeaver

The Serene Holds of Urzoa

Chapter 1: Unrest in Baromenes                                                                                                                                            Part 1: A Gathering of Wanderers

HD-wallpaper-city-of-athens-art-world-gaoart-fantasy-luminos-gao-ciy-athens.jpg.4f2c51e1f451f6a5cd65fbad03e41b2a.jpg

🎵 Theme 🎵

PART 1:
A GATHERING OF WANDERERS

"Fight you will, as I've said I've only come to warn you, consider this your only warning." Death raised a skeletal hand and from it, a box appeared in a blaze of black flame. "When the time comes, you will need this. do not lose it." The box was small, about the size of a small jewelry box. The lid was hinged open, revealing a small vacant red plush on which something could be placed. Death then looked to Mags "By my count, thirty seconds. Do not be mistaken if I were sent here to take your lives there'd be no need to 'set you up'." She says as she moves closer, leans down, and places the box on the cobblestone floor. There is no malice in her words, only a certain finality. Death takes a few steps back, "Endure the darkness, make our stand." Death mimicked as she slowly turned and walked away phasing through Billie's shadow that seemed to jitter as she did so. "I always loved the way you mortals fought for life. It makes the ending that much sweeter." 

With each step, she slowly dissipated into smoke, slowly slinking into the earth. "Good luck, Heroes..." These were the final words that resounded throughout the area as her form fully disappeared from this realm leaving behind a black mark of decay upon the stones where she had made her exit. The cold was replaced with warmth, birds could be heard in the distance. The next few moments all seemed to happen in a blur. First the heavy sounds of footsteps. Then the sword in Billie's hand begins to thum in her grasp.

From the outskirts around you, twelve of what look to be guards circle you. These however are not the city guard you've seen before, these people wear a mismatch of silver and black armor, each adorned with Chains in various manors as if cobbled together themselves. Each with a spear at the ready, however, they do not strike. The lines break for a moment and two individuals stop 30 feet from you. One is a tall orc, a scar runs down one side of his face over a clouded eye. He looks battered and worn, one of his tusks is broken. He smiles when he sees the box in front of you.

"Thiovanya was right, the box and the pawns all in one area. Ripe for the picking." The orc says unsheathing his blade from his back, his voice a gruff bark over the running water behind you.

"Don't get too messy this time, last time you got blood all over my armor." The other man complained. He was human or at least once was human. His skin was a sickly gray color and his eyes were sunken. "If you give us the box, without a fight. We will make your deaths painless." The man called out. He held a longsword in one hand and held his other outstretched. "Why die tired?" 

Baromenes
3:04 pm
Wineday (Wednesday), 17th of Midsummer, 495 AC

SCENE INSTRUCTIONS
Our Heroes are surrounded by danger on all sides. A deal has been offered, will they take it? What will they do?  

We are not in initiative yet, I'm guessing that will not be the case very soon XD. There are 12 guards surrounding you on all sides and 2 higher-ups within 30 feet of the box and you and 15 feet from Billie's Echo. I will be making a battle map if you all would like to use one. If you would like to roll any checks just let me know.