Edit History

PureChance

PureChance

Knight of Solamnia

Prerequisite: Dragonlance Campaign

Skill Proficiencies: Athletics, Survival
Languages: Two of your choice Tools: Smith's Tools, Horn
Equipment: An insignia of rank, a deck of cards, a set of common clothes, and a pouch containing 10 gp

Feature: Squire of Solamnia

You gain the Squire of Solamnia feat.

In addition, the Knights of Solamnia provide you free, modest lodging and food at any of their fortresses or encampments.

Building a Knight of Solamnia Character

Any class that has martial prowess can be a good fit in the Knights of Solamnia. Fighters and paladins make up the bulk of the knighthood’s forces. Clerics (often with the War domain) can also be found among the knights’ ranks.

For a more unusual take on a Knight of Solamnia character, consider playing a bard of the College of Valor (or the College of Swords from Xanathar’s Guide to Everything) or a barbarian devoted to the ideals of the nature god Habbakuk (perhaps adopting the Path of the Zealot from Xanathar’s Guide to Everything). 

Knight of Solamnia Trinkets. When you make your character, roll once on the Knight of Solamnia Trinkets table instead of on the Trinkets table in the Player’s Handbook for your starting trinket.

Knight of Solamnia Trinkets
d6 Trinket
1 A flat silver disk you record your heroics upon
2 A piece of a fallen knight’s armor
3 A pendant featuring a crown, a rose, or a sword
4 The pommel of your mentor’s sword
5 A meaningful favor from someone you defended—perhaps a handkerchief or glove
6 A locket with a sketch of a silver dragon inside

Source: DSotDQ, page 30

Personality Traits:

If someone is in trouble, I'm always ready to lend help.

I judge people by their actions, not their words.

Ideals:

The Oath: My Honour is my Life.

Bonds:

I protect those who cannot protect themselves.

Flaws:

I have complete faith in the Knights of Solamnia as working for the greater good and holders of the moral high ground.

PureChance

PureChance

Knight of Solamnia

Equipment: An insignia of rank, a deck of cards, a set of common clothes, and a pouch containing 10 gp

In addition, the Knights of Solamnia provide you free, modest lodging and food at any of their fortresses or encampments.

Any class that has martial prowess can be a good fit in the Knights of Solamnia. Fighters and paladins make up the bulk of the knighthood’s forces. Clerics (often with the War domain) can also be found among the knights’ ranks.

For a more unusual take on a Knight of Solamnia character, consider playing a bard of the College of Valor (or the College of Swords from Xanathar’s Guide to Everything) or a barbarian devoted to the ideals of the nature god Habbakuk (perhaps adopting the Path of the Zealot from Xanathar’s Guide to Everything). 

Knight of Solamnia Trinkets. When you make your character, roll once on the Knight of Solamnia Trinkets table instead of on the Trinkets table in the Player’s Handbook for your starting trinket.

d6 Trinket

Personality Traits:

Ideals:

Bonds:

Flaws:

I have complete faith in the Knights of Solamnia as working for the greater good and holders of the moral high ground.

PureChance

PureChance

Knight of Solamnia

d6 Trinket

Personality Traits:

Ideals:

Bonds:

Flaws:

PureChance

PureChance

Knight of Solamnia

d6 Trinket

Personality Traits:

Ideals:

Bonds:

Flaws:

I'm convinced of the significance of my destiny, and blind to my shortcomings and the risk of failure.

PureChance

PureChance

Knight of Solamnia

d6 Trinket

PureChance

PureChance

Knight of Solamnia

d6 Trinket