Edit History

astronavigatrix

astronavigatrix

Mage of High Sorcery Background

Skill Proficiencies: Arcana, History
Languages: Silvanesti, Draconic (Two of your choice)
Equipment: A bottle of colored ink, an ink pen, a set of common clothes, and a pouch containing 10 gp

Feature: Initiate of High Sorcery

You gain the Initiate of High Sorcery feat.

In addition, the Mages of High Sorcery provide you with free, modest lodging and food indefinitely at any occupied Tower of High Sorcery and for one night at the home of an organization member.

Building a Mage of High Sorcery Character

Mages of High Sorcery are typically sorcerers, warlocks, or wizards and might have any subclass. Spellcasters who gain their magic through devotion are less likely to be welcomed among the traditionalist mages. Nevertheless, the Mages of High Sorcery are shrewd, and they rarely let unique opportunities or individuals pass them by. Even members of martial classes who train in magic might find a rare place among the group’s three orders.

Mage of High Sorcery Trinkets. When you make your character, roll once on the Mage of High Sorcery Trinkets table instead of on the Trinkets table in the Player’s Handbook for your starting trinket.

Mage of High Sorcery Trinkets
d6 Trinket
1 An unopened letter from your first teacher
2 A broken wand made of black, red, or white wood
3 A scroll bearing an incomprehensible formula
4 A purposeless device covered in colored stones that can fold into various enigmatic shapes
5 A pouch or spellbook emblazoned with the triple moon symbol of the Mages of High Sorcery
6 A lens through which you can see Krynn’s invisible black moon, Nuitari

Source: DSotDQ, page 30

astronavigatrix

astronavigatrix

Equipment: A bottle of colored ink, an ink pen, a set of common clothes, and a pouch containing 10 gp

In addition, the Mages of High Sorcery provide you with free, modest lodging and food indefinitely at any occupied Tower of High Sorcery and for one night at the home of an organization member.

Mages of High Sorcery are typically sorcerers, warlocks, or wizards and might have any subclass. Spellcasters who gain their magic through devotion are less likely to be welcomed among the traditionalist mages. Nevertheless, the Mages of High Sorcery are shrewd, and they rarely let unique opportunities or individuals pass them by. Even members of martial classes who train in magic might find a rare place among the group’s three orders.

Mage of High Sorcery Trinkets. When you make your character, roll once on the Mage of High Sorcery Trinkets table instead of on the Trinkets table in the Player’s Handbook for your starting trinket.

d6 Trinket
4 A purposeless device covered in colored stones that can fold into various enigmatic shapes
5 A pouch or spellbook emblazoned with the triple moon symbol of the Mages of High Sorcery

astronavigatrix

astronavigatrix

d6 Trinket

astronavigatrix

astronavigatrix

Far Traveler Background

Skill Proficiencies: Insight, Perception
Tool Proficiencies: Lyre (Any one musical instrument or gaming set of your choice, likely something native to your homeland)
Languages: Silvanesti (Any one of your choice)
Equipment: 
One set of traveler's clothes, any one musical instrument (lyre) or gaming set you are proficient with, poorly wrought maps from your homeland that depict where you are, a small piece of jewelry worth 10 gp in the style of your homeland's craftsmanship, and a pouch containing 5 gp.

Feature: All Eyes On You

Your accent, mannerisms, figures of speech, and perhaps even your appearance all mark you as foreign. Curious glances are directed your way wherever you go, which can be a nuisance, but you also gain the friendly interest of scholars and others intrigued by far-off lands, to say nothing of everyday folk who are eager to hear stories of your homeland. You can parley this attention into access to people and places you might not otherwise have, for you and your traveling companions. Noble lords, scholars, and merchant princes, to name a few, might be interested in hearing about your distant homeland and people.

Suggested Characteristics

d8 Personality Trait

I have different assumptions from those around me concerning personal space, blithely invading others' space in innocence, or reacting to ignorant invasion of my own. 

d6 Ideal

I'm far from home, and everything is strange and wonderful!

d6 Bond

Though I had no choice, I lament having to leave my loved ones behind. I hope to see them again one day.

d6 Flaw

I am (not so) secretly convinced of the superiority of my own culture over that of this foreign land.

Source: SCAG, pg. 148 & 149

astronavigatrix

astronavigatrix

Far Traveler Background

Skill Proficiencies: 
Tool Proficiencies: 
Languages: 
Equipment: 

Feature:

TBD

d8 Personality Trait

I have different assumptions from those around me concerning personal space, blithely invading others' space in innocence, or reacting to ignorant invasion of my own. 

d6 Ideal

I'm far from home, and everything is strange and wonderful!

d6 Bond

Though I had no choice, I lament having to leave my loved ones behind. I hope to see them again one day.

d6 Flaw

I am (not so) secretly convinced of the superiority of my own culture over that of this foreign land.

Source: 

astronavigatrix

astronavigatrix

Far Traveler Background

Skill Proficiencies: 
Tool Proficiencies: 
Languages: 
Equipment: 

Feature:

TBD

d8 Personality Trait