Around the water cooler (ooc)

Civit

@Machete_Matt it is a hybrid modern day. Most things are current except a few things that make an agent's  job too easy, like the internet in the palm of their hand. More details in setting. So, yes if there is a pistol you prefer, I can add it to the weapons section

I'd go for something like the CZ Shadow 2, https://www.czub.cz/en/firearms-and-products-product/cz-shadow-2, choose 9x19 from pulldown menu.

It is slightly larger than the Browning HP, especially with the 19 round magazine. So I would argue for Browning HP stats, but maybe PM +1 and CON +1.
Then again, the JB007 gun stats never were very consistent. :)

@Machete_Matt I have added the CZ to weapons in Q branch. I think the stats I came up with fit fairly well. Only thing to keep in mind, as a basically custom gun choice, repairs and upgrades (ie military grade trigger) are the responsibility of the owner (you). Its a standard round so they will cover ammo and Q branch is more than happy to supply gun oil and cleaning kits.

The first mission has begun. I am just waiting on character sheets to start others. You may notice the game threads are private. I have done this because there might be the possibility of crossovers. For NPCs almost certainly there will be.

Also, will we be receiving standard equipment at the start of the mission, or are we encouraged to find a weapon that suits said character?

Because if not, I elect the SIG P228 or P229, the shorter, more durable cousins of the standard issue SIG Sauer P226 which is in use for the British Army. Fires standard 9x19 Parabellum as well, but also exists for .40 S&W, and .357 SIG for its P227 variation.

Also honorable mentions to the Glock patterns, specifically Glock 17 and Glock 19 models. Not sure how common certain rifles will be, but perhaps a way to alleviate some of the stress of making every individual weapon, instead make families that are based in the same pattern of firearm (e.g. all of the AK rifle clones in the same family for example, with minor tweaks for each in the style of customization).

Edited by Ratwalk (see edit history)

@Ratwalk

IMO Glocks are trash. My brother has one.

Ok to personal weapons: you can pick (within reason) your personal sidearm. If it is not standard issue you are responsible for repairs and upgrades. If it is 9mm MI6 will cover standard and armor piercing ammo. They have other standard calibers but there is an acquisition fee. We can discuss it if you are really gung-ho for one.

I'll get your mission up, probably later today.

@starkllr Yes, it's correct. I believe there is a way to have the roll show in post. But A. I don't know how 😛 and B. As long as there is a tag on the roll that makes it clear what the roll is either way is fine with me

Love the map  - it’s exactly at my level of drawing skill!

As an interesting coincidence, in one of my novels, the heroine is chasing down international art thieves and she tracks them to a warehouse in northern France:

”He stood beside a sign, which read: SDV Logistique Internationale. She considered that – International Logistics could mean anything. It was exactly the sort of vague name that the front company for a villain in a James Bond movie might have.”

Edited by starkllr (see edit history)

@Civit As this is my first time playing by post in 30 years or so, and first time gaming with you, it might be good for me to have some guidelines on posting style and expected frequency. I did not find any in the Overview, House Rules, or Setting info. Please also let me know if there are some general rules I should be aware of.

Thanks! 😃

I am using the rule more as guidelines. The cinematic style of Bond is what I'm going for. Posting rate... I'm flexible. RL can mess with things no problem. With you as a duo, I will try to be aware of interaction time between you two but also know I won't adhere to a strict I post, you post, Victoria posts, repeat format. If you ever feel I'm stepping on you action/reaction just let me know.

Post expectations... very little. I don't require players have to "think do say" If you are asked a yes know question for example, it is ok to just say yes or no. If you want to add inner dialog, thats ok too.. preferably a full sentence like "yes" he responded curtly. But I don't need an entire paragraph on his decision making before answering.