Edit History

Kamishiro_Rin

Kamishiro_Rin

When Decimus casts the detect magic spell, the entire room, out to 30 feet, lights up with the yellow aura of illusion magic, and the walls of the maze light up with the orange magical aura of transmutation magic. What might surprise him is that the walls are actually moving throughout the maze!

Ellywick manages to run into a couple of walls a couple times, and Hunni even hits a wall, as well. But they both figure out how to follow you closely. You make it through the maze to the center.

When you reach out and touch the golden key floating above the pedestal, it flashes and all the walls of the maze fall down through the yellow, illusory floor.

At the other end of the hall, you watch the door of the room swing open. A golden, swirling pool of magic awaits you to walk through it—the same golden portal that you entered through into the room.

Conclusion

Upon completing the trial and passing through the door, the three of you emerge into the atrium of the Barb. Rovina claps her hands and cheers.

“Congratulates! You’ve passed the challenge and I deem your apprenticeships complete. You are now ready to take the next step on the path to becoming members of the Mages of High Sorcery!”

She holds out a scroll and hands it first to Decimus, then to Hunni, and finally to Ellywick.

Scroll for Wyhan in Kalaman
After completing the Trial of the Barb, you all receive this scroll and instructions to take it to Wyhan in Kalaman

Rovina hands each character an ornate scroll and a spellbook emblazoned with the symbol of the Mages of High Sorcery. She says, “These books are meant for you, either to use as spellbooks or to fill with their discoveries. Take this scroll, proof of your completing the Trial of the Barb, to the mage who will lead you on the next step of your journey: a black-robed mage named Wyhan who resides in the city of Kalaman.”

Decimus and Hunni have already received their invitation to Ispin Greenshield’s funeral, and they know that Kalaman is conveniently nearby.

“You must not open the scrolls under any circumstances, as their contents are meant for Wyhan only!” she cautions. “Once again, I congratulate you three, and wish you all the best on your travels.”

As you leave the Barb, Ellywick bids you farewell and says, “Well, this is good bye. I hope maybe I’ll see you again in Kalaman!”

OOC

Congratulations. Your prelude is finished. Please level your character up to level 2. I’ll be folding you into the third prelude, soon. Please update your Character Sheet Threads to reflect leveling up, and update anything in your posting template (such as HP, etc.).

Many apologies for the “cut-scene”-ish nature of these preludes.

Incidentally, for future reference, when I describe magic auras for the detect magic spell, I use the following colors for the auras of each school of magic, as well as the opposing color for the ‘opposing’ school.

School Color   Opposing School Color
Abjuration: white Necromancy: black
Conjuration: green Evocation: red
Divination: blue Illusion: yellow
Enchantment: purple Transmutation: orange
Kamishiro_Rin

Kamishiro_Rin

When Decimus casts the detect magic spell, the entire room, out to 30 feet, lights up with the yellow aura of illusion magic, and the walls of the maze light up with the orange magical aura of transmutation magic. What might surprise him is that the walls are actually moving throughout the maze!

Ellywick manages to run into a couple of walls a couple times, and Hunni even hits a wall, as well. But they both figure out how to follow you closely. You make it through the maze to the center.

When you reach out and touch the golden key floating above the pedestal, it flashes and all the walls of the maze fall down through the yellow, illusory floor.

At the other end of the hall, you watch the door of the room swing open. A golden, swirling pool of magic awaits you to walk through it—the same golden portal that you entered through into the room.

Conclusion

Upon completing the trial and passing through the door, the three of you emerge into the atrium of the Barb. Rovina claps her hands and cheers.

“Congratulates! You’ve passed the challenge and I deem your apprenticeships complete. You are now ready to take the next step on the path to becoming members of the Mages of High Sorcery!”

She holds out a scroll and hands it first to Decimus, then to Hunni, and finally to Ellywick.

After completing the Trial of the Barb, you all receive this scroll and instructions to take it to Wyhan in Kalaman

Rovina hands each character an ornate scroll and a spellbook emblazoned with the symbol of the Mages of High Sorcery. She says, “These books are meant for you, either to use as spellbooks or to fill with their discoveries. Take this scroll, proof of your completing the Trial of the Barb, to the mage who will lead you on the next step of your journey: a black-robed mage named Wyhan who resides in the city of Kalaman.”

Decimus and Hunni have already received their invitation to Ispin Greenshield’s funeral, and they know that Kalaman is conveniently nearby.

“You must not open the scrolls under any circumstances, as their contents are meant for Wyhan only!” she cautions. “Once again, I congratulate you three, and wish you all the best on your travels.”

As you leave the Barb, Ellywick bids you farewell and says, “Well, this is good bye. I hope maybe I’ll see you again in Kalaman!”

OOC

Congratulations. Your prelude is finished. Please level your character up to level 2. I’ll be folding you into the third prelude, soon. Please update your Character Sheet Threads to reflect leveling up, and update anything in your posting template (such as HP, etc.).

Many apologies for the “cut-scene”-ish nature of these preludes.

Incidentally, for future reference, when I describe magic auras for the detect magic spell, I use the following colors for the auras of each school of magic, as well as the opposing color for the ‘opposing’ school.

School Color   Opposing School Color
Abjuration white Necromancy black
Conjuration green Evocation red
Divination blue Illusion yellow
Enchantment purple Transmutation orange
Kamishiro_Rin

Kamishiro_Rin

Conclusion

OOC