Edit History

Cirlot

Cirlot

Tentative interest but it'll depend at least in part on my bandwidth when the game really starts rolling: just got slammed at work for the next few weeks so it might not be the best time to commit to a game . . .

That said, one note to maybe keep in mind with the Knight Hawks supplement is that, while it's been awhile, my reading is it kinda takes the place of the Expert rules in Basic/BECMI D&D?  Like, it expands the game but in a way that is intended for experienced characters, with it being the sci fi equivalent of going from dungeon exploration to wilderness hex crawling.  The prerequisites for most of the Knight Hawks starship skills I think underscores that point as  even to just be starship crew you need to have multiple skills at like, 3+ ranks or better if I remember correctly.  Knight Hawks seems like it's for when your PCs have earned enough money to get their own ship the hard way at which point they'll already be seasoned starfarers.

Also, @Niven81: woot! Frontierspace!  I've not seen that game mentioned in the wild since I bought it, glad to see someone else thought it was a nifty as I did!

Cirlot

Cirlot

Tentative interest but it'll depend at least in part on my bandwidth when the game really starts rolling: just got slammed at work for the next few weeks so it might not be the best time to commit to a game . . .

That said, one note to maybe keep in mind with the Knight Hawks supplement is that, while it's been awhile, my reading is it kinda takes the place of the Expert rules in Basic/BECMI D&D?  Like, it expands the game but in a way that is intended for experienced characters, with it being the sci fi equivalent the equivalent of going from dungeon exploration to hex crawling.  The prerequisites for most of the Knight Hawks starship skills I think underscores that point as  even to just be starship crew you need to have multiple skills at like, 3+ ranks or better if I remember correctly.  Knight Hawks seems like it's for when your PCs have earned enough money to get their own ship the hard way at which point they'll already be seasoned starfarers.

Also, @Niven81: woot! Frontierspace!  I've not seen that game mentioned in the wild since I bought it, glad to see someone else thought it was a nifty as I did!