Edit History

tbgg

tbgg

spacer.png                       Meryelle "Mery" Keryndon

Level 2 Half-Elf Sage College of Lore Bard

AC: 13 (Leather Armor) | HP: 17/17 | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses:  Darkvision 60 ft; Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10, Passive Investigation 14
Str:Save: -1
Athletics: 0

Carrying Capacity: 120 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 240 lb.
8 (-1) | Dex:Initiative: +3
Save: +4
Acrobatics: +3
Slight-of-Hand: +3
Stealth: +3
14 (+2) | Con:Save: +2 14 (+2) | Int:Save: +2
Arcana: +4
History: +4
Investigation: +4
Nature: +3
Religion: +3
14 (+2) | Wis:Save: +0
Animal Handling: +1
Insight: +1
Medicine: +1
Perception: +1
Survival: +1
11 (+0) | Cha:Save: +5
Deception: +5
Intimidation: +5
Performance: +5
Persuasion: +5
16 (+3)

Languages:  Common, Elven, Solamnic, Kharolian, and Draconic
Spell-casting: +5 or DC 131st 3/3 | Bardic Inspiration: 3/3

“My words,” | ‘My thoughts,’  | My actions

Before Ser Becklin can leave, Mery asks her, "By the way, I was wondering whether you might know where I can borrow a rapier, or find an old one for cheap or something.  It's going to take a bit for me to earn enough gold to buy a new one.  I've been using a shortbow, and it's fine if I can stay at range, but with these lizard-things about, I'd like to have something better than a dagger in case one should happen to get close to me."  

After Becklin Responds to Mery about a Rapier

As they exit the Keep, she speaks to Coltan.  "It seemed like you got a little annoyed when I mentioned that Ser Becklin was a woman.  I'm not sure what you thought my motivation was in doing so, but I would like for you to know that it was because I would have felt both a little mean as well as stingy-spirited not to have, like I was willing to let you flounder around and miss the person we were actually waiting for and thereby have a little fun at your expense."  She gnaws her lip when finished, unsure of what else to say.  She's aware of a feeling of tightness in the pit of her stomach as well has the fact that her hands have clenched, and she takes a deep breath to try to loosen her stomach, and with a slow, conscious effort, releases her hands. 

She then turns to Artanis.  "My plan was to run to the Brass Crab to rent my room in case there are a lot of people here for the funeral, then go find the others to give them their gold.  After that, I wanted to do a bit of shopping and, of course, look around a bit too.  That sounds sort of similar to what you proposed.  I'd love the company, but if Coltan's offer appeals to you and you want to change your mind, I promise not to hold it against you."  She gives him a friendly smile as she says this.  "In your line of work, you obviously need some good armor."

She will wait for Artanis' response before moving in a particular direction.

OOC

Action:  

Bonus Action: —

Movement: 

Reaction:

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Shortbow (simple, ranged, ammunition, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target.
                                                                                   Hit:  (1d6 + 2) piercing damage. 

Dagger (light, ranged or melee). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/80 ft., one target.
                                                   Hit: (1d4 + 2) piercing damage.
                                                                   Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.

Hit: (1d4+2) piercing damage.

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.

Bardic Inspiration (3 per long rest, for 1d6)

As a bonus action, a creature (other than yourself) within 60 ft. that can hear you gains an inspiration die (1d6). For 10 minutes, the creature can add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. This can be added after seeing the roll, but before knowing the outcome.

Ammunition:

16 arrows in quiver, 4 arrow bundles in backpack.

Spellcasting:

Mery is a 1st-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following bards available for spontaneous casting from her first level slots: 

• Cantrips (2/2 slots): prestidigitation, vicious mockery
  • 1st level (3/3 slots): healing word, hideous laughter, cure wounds

Class Features:

• 0/3 Bardic Inspiration0

Botting Instructions:  (i.e. What to do if I haven't posted in a while and haven't announced it.  Personally, if I haven't posted in 2 days and something is needed from me, BOT ME!  I hate holding up the action and will roll with whatever you choose to do.)

• Combat:  In combat, debuff enemies, inspire allies, drop Healing Word or Cure Wounds if someone needs it (pending an official return of the gods and divine magic for Coltan).  If all of that is out of the question, she prefers using her shortbow and staying at range, given her very low AC.
  • Outside of Combat:  She's a support, face, and lore nerd.  Do skill checks!  Persuade, deceive, and intimidate NPCs!  Drop spells that make things easier for the party!  Use tools!  If any male PCs or NPCs are kind to her, have her act like just slightly awkward, like she's not completely 100% used to that.

OOC

OOC comments, if I have them, go here.

tbgg

tbgg

Senses:  Darkvision 60 ft; Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10, Passive Investigation 14

16 (+3)

Before Ser Becklin can leave, Mery asks her, "By the way, I was wondering whether you might know where I can borrow a rapier, or find an old one for cheap or something.  It's going to take a bit for me to earn enough gold to buy a new one.  I've been using a shortbow, and it's fine if I can stay at range, but with these lizard-things about, I'd like to have something better than a dagger in case one should happen to get close to me."  

As they exit the Keep, she speaks to Coltan.  "It seemed like you got a little annoyed when I mentioned that Ser Becklin was a woman.  I'm not sure what you thought my motivation was in doing so, but I would like for you to know that it was because I would have felt both a little mean as well as stingy-spirited not to have, like I was willing to let you flounder around and miss the person we were actually waiting for and thereby have a little fun at your expense."  She gnaws her lip when finished, unsure of what else to say.  She's aware of a feeling of tightness in the pit of her stomach as well has the fact that her hands have clenched, and she takes a deep breath to try to loosen her stomach, and with a slow, conscious effort, releases her hands. 

She then turns to Artanis.  "My plan was to run to the Brass Crab to rent my room in case there are a lot of people here for the funeral, then go find the others to give them their gold.  After that, I wanted to do a bit of shopping and, of course, look around a bit too.  That sounds sort of similar to what you proposed.  I'd love the company, but if Coltan's offer appeals to you and you want to change your mind, I promise not to hold it against you."  She gives him a friendly smile as she says this.  "In your line of work, you obviously need some good armor."

OOC

Action:  

Movement: 

Reaction:

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Shortbow (simple, ranged, ammunition, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target.

Dagger (light, ranged or melee). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/80 ft., one target.

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.

As a bonus action, a creature (other than yourself) within 60 ft. that can hear you gains an inspiration die (1d6). For 10 minutes, the creature can add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. This can be added after seeing the roll, but before knowing the outcome.

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Mery is a 1st-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following bards available for spontaneous casting from her first level slots: 

Class Features:

Botting Instructions:  (i.e. What to do if I haven't posted in a while and haven't announced it.  Personally, if I haven't posted in 2 days and something is needed from me, BOT ME!  I hate holding up the action and will roll with whatever you choose to do.)

• Combat:  In combat, debuff enemies, inspire allies, drop Healing Word or Cure Wounds if someone needs it (pending an official return of the gods and divine magic for Coltan).  If all of that is out of the question, she prefers using her shortbow and staying at range, given her very low AC.
  • Outside of Combat:  She's a support, face, and lore nerd.  Do skill checks!  Persuade, deceive, and intimidate NPCs!  Drop spells that make things easier for the party!  Use tools!  If any male PCs or NPCs are kind to her, have her act like just slightly awkward, like she's not completely 100% used to that.

OOC

tbgg

tbgg

16 (+3)

OOC

Action:  

Movement: 

Reaction:

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Class Features:

OOC

tbgg

tbgg

16 (+3)

She then turns to Artanis.  "My plan was to run to the Brass Crab to rent my room in case there are a lot of people here for the funeral, then go find the others to give them their gold.  After that, I wanted to do a bit of shopping and, of course, look around a bit too.  That sounds sort of similar to what you proposed.  I'd love the company, but if Coltan's offer appeals to you and you want to change your mind, I promise not to hold it against you."  She gives him a friendly smile as she says this.  "In your line of work, you obviously need some good armor.  I may have Coltan make me a rapier at some point, but not until I have the gold to pay for it."

OOC

Action:  

Movement: 

Reaction:

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Class Features:

OOC

tbgg

tbgg

16 (+3)

Before Ser Becklin can leave, Mery asks her, "By the way, I was wondering whether you might know where I can borrow a rapier, or find an old one for cheap or something.  It's going to take a bit for me to earn enough gold to buy a new one.  I've been using a shortbow, and it's fine if I can stay at a distance, but with these lizard-things about, I'd like to have something better than a dagger in case one should happen to get close to me."  

She then turns to Artanis.  "My plan was to run to the Brass Crab to rent my room in case there are a lot of people here for the funeral, then go find the others to give them their gold.  After that, I wanted to do a bit of shopping and, of course, look around a bit too.  That sounds sort of similar to what you proposed.  I'd love the company, but if Coltan's offer appeals to you and you want to change your mind, I promise not to hold it against you."  She gives him a friendly smile as she says this.  "In your line of work, you obviously need some good armor.  I may have Coltan make me a rapier at some point, but not until I have the gold to pay for it."

OOC

Action:  

Movement: 

Reaction:

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Class Features:

OOC

tbgg

tbgg

16 (+3)

Before Ser Becklin can leave, Mery asks her, "By the way, I was wondering whether you might know where I can borrow a rapier, or find an old one for cheap or something.  It's going to take a bit for me to earn enough gold to buy a new one.  I've been using a shortbow, and it's fine if I can stay at a distance, but with these lizard-things about, I'd like to have something better than a dagger in case one should happen to get close to me."  

As they exit the Keep, she's about to open her mouth to say something to Coltan when the young Dwarf trots off to the local smith.  "Guess it can wait for later," she mutters to herself, shaking her head at the Dwarf's odd manner.

OOC

Action:  

Movement: 

Reaction:

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Class Features:

OOC

tbgg

tbgg

16 (+3)

When Ser Becklin dismisses them, Mery tells her, "We'll see you at the funeral."  She also waves to Darrett on the way out if she sees him.

As they exit the Keep, she's about to open her mouth to say something to Coltan when the young Dwarf trots off to the local smith.  "Guess it can wait for later," she mutters to herself, shaking her head at the Dwarf's odd manner.

OOC

Action:  

Movement: 

Reaction:

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Class Features:

OOC

tbgg

tbgg

16 (+3)

When Ser Becklin dismisses them, Mery tells her, "We'll see you at the funeral."  She also waves to Darrett on the way out if she sees him.

She then turns to Artanis.  "My plan was to run to the Brass Crab to rent my room in case there are a lot of people here for the funeral, then go find the others to give them their gold.  After that, I wanted to do a bit of shopping and, of course, look around a bit too.  That sounds sort of similar to what you proposed.  I'd love the company, but if Coltan's offer appeals to you and you want to change your mind, I promise not to hold it against you."  She gives him a friendly smile as she says this.  "In your line of work, you obviously need some good armor.  I may have him make me a rapier at some point, but not until I have the gold to pay for it."

OOC

Action:  

Movement: 

Reaction:

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Class Features:

OOC