Edit History

tbgg

tbgg

spacer.png                       Meryelle "Mery" Keryndon

Level 2 Half-Elf Sage College of Lore Bard

AC: 13 (Leather Armor) | HP: 17/17 | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses:  Darkvision 60 ft; Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10, Passive Investigation 14
Str:Save: -1
Athletics: 0

Carrying Capacity: 120 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 240 lb.
8 (-1) | Dex:Initiative: +3
Save: +4
Acrobatics: +3
Slight-of-Hand: +3
Stealth: +3
14 (+2) | Con:Save: +2 14 (+2) | Int:Save: +2
Arcana: +4
History: +4
Investigation: +4
Nature: +3
Religion: +3
14 (+2) | Wis:Save: +0
Animal Handling: +1
Insight: +1
Medicine: +1
Perception: +1
Survival: +1
11 (+0) | Cha:Save: +5
Deception: +5
Intimidation: +5
Performance: +5
Persuasion: +5
16 (+3)

Languages:  Common, Elven, Solamnic, Kharolian, and Draconic
Spell-casting: +5 or DC 131st 3/3 | Bardic Inspiration: 3/3

“My words,” | ‘My thoughts,’  | My actions

Before Leaving the Keep

"Of course, Ser Becklin, I'll be happy to return the rapier when I'm able, or at the very least arrange payment for a replacement if I can't return it for some reason.  I thank you from the bottom of my heart.  And Ispin, too, though he is not here for me to thank.  And I'll definitely have it sharpened." Mery tells the knight at her offer.  She then follows Darrett into the Armory and waits while he retrieves the weapon and hands it to her.

"And thank you, too, Darrett.  I feel better about the idea of traveling about after the funeral with this thing on hand.  I hope I won't have to use it, but you know what they say - better safe than sorry."

After Leaving the Keep 

Once Artanis and Coltan decide to head to the smith's, Mery replies to Artanis, "You know, I still want to do all of those things I mentioned, but I'm suddenly feeling a little adventurous.  Plus, it seems I have this new-to-me rapier of Ispin's that needs sharpening.  So I'll go with you guys to the smith's."

She puts the rapier at her hip, then tells Coltan, "I want to practice walking around with this thing at my side since I've never actually owned one before and I want to start getting used to it, but once we get to the smith's, I would be grateful if you sharpened it for me.  I'm happy to pay you whatever the going rate is."

As they walk toward the shop, she joins in the conversation.  "I'm from Palanthas.  My family owns a parchment-making business there and we provide a lot of parchment to the Great Library as well as to the general stores and a few noble families who write enough letters and documents to want to buy parchment in bulk quantities.  My family is common, but I was fortunate enough to receive a better education than most common folk do, due to learning being something I really love and enjoy doing and my mother being creative enough to come up with a very unusual arrangement so we could afford the tutor's fees.  I had to work my tail off, though, to both do the chores and help in the business that my family needed and keep up with my studies.  Ispin wandered into our shop one day looking to buy some parchment for letter-writing, but he didn't realize that we usually only sell in bulk.  He still wound up buying a bundle of 25 parchments, though - said he wrote a lot of letters and would no doubt use it all up in time.  He so charmed my mother, who happened to be the one handling customers at the time, that she wound up inviting him for dinner.  During that meal, he asked me about myself, and I said I want to write a book one day.  He asked what I wanted to write about and I said I wasn't sure yet.  He said to keep learning, and that I'd eventually figure it out.  I don't really know what made him take an interest in me, but he did.  He asked my parents for permission to write to me.  My mother's husband couldn't have cared less, but my mother was okay with it.  Aside from the one other trip to Palanthas when he gave me my armor, most of our relationship was carried out via letters.  Him being older was really helpful.  He was like a favorite uncle to me, and in a way, was more of a father than my mother's husband ever was.  He was certainly a lot kinder than my mother's husband."  Her eyes water a bit as she finishes, but she quickly brushes them off.  'Men hate women who cry, even though tears are natural for us.  I'll cry at the funeral.  That at least is less likely to get me kicked in the teeth for my honest feelings.'

When they arrive at the smith's and Fezzlidst asks about her rapier, she replies, "I'm afraid only Ispin Greenshield knows how this rapier came to be in this condition.  Ser Becklin was kind enough to loan it to me from Ispin's effects until such time as I can afford one of my own.  As to its sharpening, I am afraid that I already promised Coltan here on the way over that he could do that work.  But I thank you for the offer."

She then removes the rapier from her hip and offers it to Coltan.  Then she removes a silver piece from her pouch and offers it to him.  "Is this amount sufficient, or do you need more?"  She adjusts the payment as needed.

When Coltan suggests heading to the Brass Crab, Mery gives her enthusiastic assent.  "I should like that a great deal.  I have a chest in my backpack that keeps digging into my back, and I should love a place to leave it."

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Shortbow (simple, ranged, ammunition, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target.
                                                                                   Hit:  (1d6 + 2) piercing damage. 

Dagger (light, ranged or melee). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/80 ft., one target.
                                                   Hit: (1d4 + 2) piercing damage.
                                                                   Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.

Hit: (1d4+2) piercing damage.

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.

Bardic Inspiration (3 per long rest, for 1d6)

As a bonus action, a creature (other than yourself) within 60 ft. that can hear you gains an inspiration die (1d6). For 10 minutes, the creature can add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. This can be added after seeing the roll, but before knowing the outcome.

Ammunition:

16 arrows in quiver, 4 arrow bundles in backpack.

Spellcasting:

Mery is a 1st-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following bards available for spontaneous casting from her first level slots: 

• Cantrips (2/2 slots): prestidigitation, vicious mockery
  • 1st level (3/3 slots): healing word, hideous laughter, cure wounds

Class Features:

• 0/3 Bardic Inspiration0

Botting Instructions:  (i.e. What to do if I haven't posted in a while and haven't announced it.  Personally, if I haven't posted in 2 days and something is needed from me, BOT ME!  I hate holding up the action and will roll with whatever you choose to do.)

• Combat:  In combat, debuff enemies, inspire allies, drop Healing Word or Cure Wounds if someone needs it (pending an official return of the gods and divine magic for Coltan).  If all of that is out of the question, she prefers using her shortbow and staying at range, given her very low AC.
  • Outside of Combat:  She's a support, face, and lore nerd.  Do skill checks!  Persuade, deceive, and intimidate NPCs!  Drop spells that make things easier for the party!  Use tools!  If any male PCs or NPCs are kind to her, have her act like just slightly awkward, like she's not completely 100% used to that.

OOC

My apologies to @JubalBreakbottle and @PureChance for horning in on your conversation.  I had Becklin telling Mery to follow Darrett to get the rapier and Coltan asking Mery for the rapier that she didn't have yet and me struggling with how to bridge that.  But Rin sending Mery along to the smith's was useful - it gave me the bases I needed to cover to get everything all caught up!

tbgg

tbgg

Senses:  Darkvision 60 ft; Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10, Passive Investigation 14

16 (+3)

Before Leaving the Keep

"Of course, Ser Becklin, I'll be happy to return the rapier when I'm able, or at the very least arrange payment for a replacement if I can't return it for some reason.  I thank you from the bottom of my heart.  And Ispin, too, though he is not here for me to thank.  And I'll definitely have it sharpened." Mery tells the knight at her offer.  She then follows Darrett into the Armory and waits while he retrieves the weapon and hands it to her.

"And thank you, too, Darrett.  I feel better about the idea of traveling about after the funeral with this thing on hand.  I hope I won't have to use it, but you know what they say - better safe than sorry."

After Leaving the Keep 

Once Artanis and Coltan decide to head to the smith's, Mery replies to Artanis, "You know, I still want to do all of those things I mentioned, but I'm suddenly feeling a little adventurous.  Plus, it seems I have this new-to-me rapier of Ispin's that needs sharpening.  So I'll go with you guys to the smith's."

She puts the rapier at her hip, then tells Coltan, "I want to practice walking around with this thing at my side since I've never actually owned one before and I want to start getting used to it, but once we get to the smith's, I would be grateful if you sharpened it for me.  I'm happy to pay you whatever the going rate is."

As they walk toward the shop, she joins in the conversation.  "I'm from Palanthas.  My family owns a parchment-making business there and we provide a lot of parchment to the Great Library as well as to the general stores and a few noble families who write enough letters and documents to want to buy parchment in bulk quantities.  My family is common, but I was fortunate enough to receive a better education than most common folk do, due to learning being something I really love and enjoy doing and my mother being creative enough to come up with a very unusual arrangement so we could afford the tutor's fees.  I had to work my tail off, though, to both do the chores and help in the business that my family needed and keep up with my studies.  Ispin wandered into our shop one day looking to buy some parchment for letter-writing, but he didn't realize that we usually only sell in bulk.  He still wound up buying a bundle of 25 parchments, though - said he wrote a lot of letters and would no doubt use it all up in time.  He so charmed my mother, who happened to be the one handling customers at the time, that she wound up inviting him for dinner.  During that meal, he asked me about myself, and I said I want to write a book one day.  He asked what I wanted to write about and I said I wasn't sure yet.  He said to keep learning, and that I'd eventually figure it out.  I don't really know what made him take an interest in me, but he did.  He asked my parents for permission to write to me.  My stepfather couldn't have cared less, but my mother was okay with it.  Aside from the one other trip to Palanthas when he gave me my armor, most of our relationship was carried out via letters.  Him being older was really helpful.  He was like a favorite uncle to me, and in a way, was more of a father than my stepfather ever was.  He was certainly a lot kinder than my stepfather."  Her eyes water a bit as she finishes, but she quickly brushes them off.  'Men hate women who cry, even though tears are natural for us.  I'll cry at the funeral.  That at least is less likely to get me kicked in the teeth for my honest feelings.'

When they arrive at the smith's and Fezzlidst asks about her rapier, she replies, "I'm afraid only Ispin Greenshield knows how this rapier came to be in this condition.  Ser Becklin was kind enough to loan it to me from Ispin's effects until such time as I can afford one of my own.  As to its sharpening, I am afraid that I already promised Coltan here on the way over that he could do that work.  But I thank you for the offer."

She then removes the rapier from her hip and offers it to Coltan.  Then she removes a silver piece from her pouch and offers it to him.  "Is this amount sufficient, or do you need more?"  She adjusts the payment as needed.

When Coltan suggests heading to the Brass Crab, Mery gives her enthusiastic assent.  "I should like that a great deal.  I have a chest in my backpack that keeps digging into my back, and I should love a place to leave it."

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Shortbow (simple, ranged, ammunition, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target.

Dagger (light, ranged or melee). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/80 ft., one target.

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.

As a bonus action, a creature (other than yourself) within 60 ft. that can hear you gains an inspiration die (1d6). For 10 minutes, the creature can add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. This can be added after seeing the roll, but before knowing the outcome.

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Mery is a 1st-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following bards available for spontaneous casting from her first level slots: 

Class Features:

Botting Instructions:  (i.e. What to do if I haven't posted in a while and haven't announced it.  Personally, if I haven't posted in 2 days and something is needed from me, BOT ME!  I hate holding up the action and will roll with whatever you choose to do.)

• Combat:  In combat, debuff enemies, inspire allies, drop Healing Word or Cure Wounds if someone needs it (pending an official return of the gods and divine magic for Coltan).  If all of that is out of the question, she prefers using her shortbow and staying at range, given her very low AC.
  • Outside of Combat:  She's a support, face, and lore nerd.  Do skill checks!  Persuade, deceive, and intimidate NPCs!  Drop spells that make things easier for the party!  Use tools!  If any male PCs or NPCs are kind to her, have her act like just slightly awkward, like she's not completely 100% used to that.

OOC

My apologies to @JubalBreakbottle and @PureChance for horning in on your conversation.  I had Becklin telling Mery to follow Darrett to get the rapier and Coltan asking Mery for the rapier that she didn't have yet and me struggling with how to bridge that.  But Rin sending Mery along to the smith's was useful - it gave me the bases I needed to cover to get everything all caught up!

tbgg

tbgg

16 (+3)

Before Leaving the Keep

After Leaving the Keep 

As they walk toward the shop, she joins in the conversation.  "I'm from Palanthas.  My family owns a parchment-making business there and we provide a lot of parchment to the Great Library as well as to the general stores and a few noble families who write enough letters and documents to want to buy parchment in bulk quantities.  My family is common, but I was fortunate enough to receive a better education than most common folk do, due to learning being something I really love and enjoy doing and my mother being creative enough to come up with a very unusual arrangement so we could afford the tutor's fees.  I had to work my tail off, though, to both do the chores and help in the business that my family needed and keep up with my studies.  Ispin wandered into our shop one day looking to buy some parchment for letter-writing, but he didn't realize that we usually only sell in bulk.  He still wound up buying a bundle of 25 parchments, though - said he wrote a lot of letters and would no doubt use it all up in time.  He so charmed my mother, who happened to be the one handling customers at the time, that she wound up inviting him for dinner.  During that meal, he asked me about myself, and I said I want to write a book one day.  He asked what I wanted to write about and I said I wasn't sure yet.  He said to keep learning, and that I'd eventually figure it out.  I don't really know what made him take an interest in me, but he did.  He asked my parents for permission to write to me.  My stepfather couldn't have cared less, but my mother was okay with it.  Aside from the one other trip to Palanthas when he gave me my armor, most of our relationship was carried out via letters.  Him being older was really helpful.  He was like a favorite uncle to me, and in a way, was more of a father than my stepfather ever was.  He was certainly a lot kinder than my stepfather."  Her eyes water a bit as she finishes, but she quickly brushes them off.  'Men hate women who cry, even though tears are natural for us.  I'll cry at the funeral.  That at least is less likely to get me kicked in the teeth for my honest feelings.'

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Class Features:

OOC

tbgg

tbgg

16 (+3)

Before Leaving the Keep

After Leaving the Keep 

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Class Features:

OOC

My apologies to @JubalBreakbottle and @PureChance for horning in on your conversation.  I had Becklin telling Mery to follow Darrett to get the rapier and Coltan asking Mery for the rapier that she didn't have yet and me struggling with how to bridge that.  But Rin sending Mery along to the smith's was useful - it gave me something to work with to get everything all caught up!