Edit History

tbgg

tbgg

spacer.png                       Meryelle "Mery" Keryndon

Level 2 Half-Elf Sage College of Lore Bard

AC: 13 (Leather Armor) | HP: 17/17 | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses:  Darkvision 60 ft; Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10, Passive Investigation 14
Str:Save: -1
Athletics: 0

Carrying Capacity: 120 lb.
Lift/Push/Drag: 240 lb.
8 (-1) | Dex:Initiative: +3
Save: +4
Acrobatics: +3
Slight-of-Hand: +3
Stealth: +3
14 (+2) | Con:Save: +2 14 (+2) | Int:Save: +2
Arcana: +4
History: +4
Investigation: +4
Nature: +3
Religion: +3
14 (+2) | Wis:Save: +0
Animal Handling: +1
Insight: +1
Medicine: +1
Perception: +1
Survival: +1
11 (+0) | Cha:Save: +5
Deception: +5
Intimidation: +5
Performance: +5
Persuasion: +5
16 (+3)

Languages:  Common, Elven, Solamnic, Kharolian, and Draconic
Spell-casting: +5 or DC 131st 3/3 | Bardic Inspiration: 3/3

“My words,” | ‘My thoughts,’  | My actions

With Hunni

Mery tells Hunni, "Well, I'm definitely interested in history, but there are many fine historians in the ranks of the Order of Aesthetics.  I'm not really sure I could add anything they couldn't.  The one exception might be if I were to witness something of historical significance as it was happening - then that first person vantage point would give me something unique to offer.  I'm just not sure the odds of that happening are very high."

"But there's another thing that interests me:  overcoming a difficult past.  I don't feel like I've really overcome mine yet, but I thought maybe a book telling the stories about people who faced some kind of hardship from their past, then went on to do something important in spite of it might be worth writing, as encouragement to others who are facing hardship.  Ideally, the people I'd write about would be people who are well-known in some fashion - you know, like Huma Dragonsbane, though of course he's dead now.  I would just have to meet them, and then get them to trust me with their story."  She gnaws her lip upon finishing, an indicator of the uncertainty she feels about her chances of persuading anyone to trust her with their story.

With Ispin's Body

Mery shuts out the people working around her and imagines invisible walls up with herself and Ispin's body on one side and the rest of the world on the other.  Staring down at the now lifeless face of her friend, she tells the body, "Ispin, I know you don't live in this shell anymore, but this feels like the best way to have a private goodbye with you.  I wish I'd known you were going to die - there were things I would have told you, like the fact that I was starting to seriously think about killing myself three days before you and I met, and I challenged the universe to show me that someone cared.  You were the answer to that challenge, Ispin.  I chose to keep living because you cared about me.  And I never told you.  And you are, to this day, the only male who has ever hugged me.  I never told you what that meant to me."  Two tears run down her cheeks. "But I'm going to tell both things to those who have come for the funeral.  They should know that about you.  And I'm going to get better at telling people important things like this, too, because I don't like what knowing that I never told them to you feels like."

"I know you're not a big fan of tears, Ispin, but I really need to cry.  It's not just that you're gone.  If that were the only thing, I might not need to cry, or at least not this much.  You have to understand - I've never cried, and a lot of rotten things have happened to me throughout my life.  I think maybe what I'm needing is catch-up crying on all of that other stuff.  So if you're in the afterlife somewhere looking down on me, just know my sadness is bigger than just you being gone.  I'll even try to come up with some crazy story or joke in honor of you, just so you know you influenced me.  You remember my mentioning Janala in my letters, right?  The lady in Palanthas who I've rented a room from for the past 7 years?  Well, she told me that to heal from all of the rotten stuff I've been through, I need to feel the pain of it.  And I'm starting to.  She told me that tears help cleanse a wounded soul, like cleaning out a cut so it doesn't get infected.  And that's really what I'm needing.  You would want my soul to heal and be whole, right, Ispin?"

"I'm going to miss your stories and tall tales, Ispin.  And your letters.  And your hugs, even though you only ever gave me just two.  They were important hugs, okay?!?  And one day when I'm older, I want to reach out to someone young like you did with me.  Sort of pay what you did for me forward, you know?"

She stands there for several more minutes not speaking, just letting the tears flow.  Finally, she touches the boat the body lies in and says softly, "Goodbye, dear friend" before turning back into the town of Vogler and to the living.

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Shortbow (simple, ranged, ammunition, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target.
                                                                                   Hit:  (1d6 + 2) piercing damage. 

Dagger (light, ranged or melee). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/80 ft., one target.
                                                   Hit: (1d4 + 2) piercing damage.
                                                                   Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.

Hit: (1d4+2) piercing damage.

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.

Bardic Inspiration (3 per long rest, for 1d6)

As a bonus action, a creature (other than yourself) within 60 ft. that can hear you gains an inspiration die (1d6). For 10 minutes, the creature can add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. This can be added after seeing the roll, but before knowing the outcome.

Ammunition:

16 arrows in quiver, 4 arrow bundles in backpack.

Spellcasting:

Mery is a 1st-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following bards available for spontaneous casting from her first level slots: 

• Cantrips (2/2 slots): prestidigitation, vicious mockery
  • 1st level (3/3 slots): healing word, hideous laughter, cure wounds

Class Features:

• 0/3 Bardic Inspiration0

Botting Instructions:  (i.e. What to do if I haven't posted in a while and haven't announced it.  Personally, if I haven't posted in 2 days and something is needed from me, BOT ME!  I hate holding up the action and will roll with whatever you choose to do.)

• Combat:  In combat, debuff enemies, inspire allies, drop Healing Word or Cure Wounds if someone needs it (pending an official return of the gods and divine magic for Coltan).  If all of that is out of the question, she prefers using her shortbow and staying at range, given her very low AC.
  • Outside of Combat:  She's a support, face, and lore nerd.  Do skill checks!  Persuade, deceive, and intimidate NPCs!  Drop spells that make things easier for the party!  Use tools!  If any male PCs or NPCs are kind to her, have her act like just slightly awkward, like she's not completely 100% used to that.

OOC

OOC comments, if I have them, go here.

tbgg

tbgg

Senses:  Darkvision 60 ft; Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10, Passive Investigation 14

16 (+3)

With Hunni

Mery tells Hunni, "Well, I'm definitely interested in history, but there are many fine historians in the ranks of the Order of Aesthetics.  I'm not really sure I could add anything they couldn't.  The one exception might be if I were to witness something of historical significance as it was happening - then that first person vantage point would give me something unique to offer.  I'm just not sure the odds of that happening are very high."

"But there's another thing that interests me:  overcoming a difficult past.  I don't feel like I've really overcome mine yet, but I thought maybe a book telling the stories about people who faced some kind of hardship from their past, then went on to do something important in spite of it might be worth writing, as encouragement to others who are facing hardship.  Ideally, the people I'd write about would be people who are well-known in some fashion - you know, like Huma Dragonsbane, though of course he's dead now.  I would just have to meet them, and then get them to trust me with their story."  She gnaws her lip upon finishing, an indicator of the uncertainty she feels about her chances of persuading anyone to trust her with their story.

With Ispin's Body

Mery shuts out the people working around her and imagines invisible walls up with herself and Ispin's body on one side and the rest of the world on the other.  Staring down at the now lifeless face of her friend, she tells the body, "Ispin, I know you don't live in this shell anymore, but this feels like the best way to have a private goodbye with you.  I wish I'd known you were going to die - there were things I would have told you, like the fact that I was starting to seriously think about killing myself three days before you and I met, and I challenged the universe to show me that someone cared.  You were the answer to that challenge, Ispin.  I chose to keep living because you cared about me.  And I never told you.  And you are, to this day, the only male who has ever hugged me.  I never told you what that meant to me."  Two tears run down her cheeks. "But I'm going to tell both things to those who have come for the funeral.  They should know that about you.  And I'm going to get better at telling people important things like this, too, because I don't like what knowing that I never told them to you feels like."

"I know you're not a big fan of tears, Ispin, but I really need to cry.  It's not just that you're gone.  If that were the only thing, I might not need to cry, or at least not this much.  You have to understand - I've never cried, and a lot of rotten things have happened to me throughout my life.  I think maybe what I'm needing is catch-up crying on all of that other stuff.  So if you're in the afterlife somewhere looking down on me, just know my sadness is bigger than just you being gone.  I'll even try to come up with some crazy story or joke in honor of you, just so you know you influenced me.  You remember my mentioning Janala in my letters, right?  The lady in Palanthas who I've rented a room from for the past 7 years?  Well, she told me that to heal from all of the rotten stuff I've been through, I need to feel the pain of it.  And I'm starting to.  She told me that tears help cleanse a wounded soul, like cleaning out a cut so it doesn't get infected.  And that's really what I'm needing.  You would want my soul to heal and be whole, right, Ispin?"

"I'm going to miss your stories and tall tales, Ispin.  And your letters.  And your hugs, even though you only ever gave me just two.  They were important hugs, okay?!?  And one day when I'm older, I want to reach out to someone young like you did with me.  Sort of pay what you did for me forward, you know?"

She stands there for several more minutes not speaking, just letting the tears flow.  Finally, she touches the boat the body lies in and says softly, "Goodbye, dear friend" before turning back into the town of Vogler and to the living.

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Shortbow (simple, ranged, ammunition, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target.

Dagger (light, ranged or melee). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/80 ft., one target.

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.

As a bonus action, a creature (other than yourself) within 60 ft. that can hear you gains an inspiration die (1d6). For 10 minutes, the creature can add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. This can be added after seeing the roll, but before knowing the outcome.

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Mery is a 1st-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following bards available for spontaneous casting from her first level slots: 

Class Features:

Botting Instructions:  (i.e. What to do if I haven't posted in a while and haven't announced it.  Personally, if I haven't posted in 2 days and something is needed from me, BOT ME!  I hate holding up the action and will roll with whatever you choose to do.)

• Combat:  In combat, debuff enemies, inspire allies, drop Healing Word or Cure Wounds if someone needs it (pending an official return of the gods and divine magic for Coltan).  If all of that is out of the question, she prefers using her shortbow and staying at range, given her very low AC.
  • Outside of Combat:  She's a support, face, and lore nerd.  Do skill checks!  Persuade, deceive, and intimidate NPCs!  Drop spells that make things easier for the party!  Use tools!  If any male PCs or NPCs are kind to her, have her act like just slightly awkward, like she's not completely 100% used to that.

OOC

tbgg

tbgg

16 (+3)

With Hunni

With Ispin's Body

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Class Features:

OOC