Edit History

Llyarden

Llyarden

So I'm mostly planning to do random rolls for most stuff because it comes up with interesting ideas, so some of these will be a bit...vague.

Step One: The Character Concept

(1) A former experiment/slave/etc of the Empire who was captured (and converted/given their powers, if applicable) as a teenager and forced to work for them for almost a dozen years before their hatred of everything the Empire was doing outweighed their fear and they managed to escape.

(2) Without knowing what the starship's purpose is...maybe stowing away?  It's free travel if they don't get caught, and they know the Atorian protocols.

Step Two: Out of Character Stuff

(3) Not really sure.  If I don't randomly generate my own, maybe Linx or Pyralis.

(4) Preferably one of the ones that gives full-fledged superpowers.

(5) Useful if random generation spits out a character that's far weaker than the others.  Otherwise not very useful (unless we go for a super high-power game and everyone takes it, I guess).

(6) Atorian Empire - I've read the primer in Galaxy Guide.  Palladium - Read the books and applied to various games that either I haven't gotten into or which have died before beginning, so never actually played it.

Step Three: Out of Game Quesitons

(7) Heroes.  Which is probably less necessary to specify in Palladium and especially Heroes Unlimited when there are strong encouragements to play good-aligned characters, but still.  Beyond that, generally speaking I prefer to play characters that have some flexibility in what they can do, though that's harder to do in a Palladium game than it is in other systems.

(8) Hmm...I think this is probably easier to answer in terms of what villains I don't want to encounter, which would be abhorrently evil sorts that still manage to get away (I know it's a staple of the genre, but if villains are going to escape - especially if by GM fiat - I'd rather they were more on the comedic side.

(9) Not much really?  I guess maybe answering a few questions about what other sources are allowed and what stuff can be chosen vs randomly rolled.

Llyarden

Llyarden

So I'm mostly planning to do random rolls for most stuff because it comes up with interesting ideas, so some of these will be a bit...vague.

(1) A former experiment/slave/etc of the Empire who was captured (and converted/given their powers, if applicable) as a teenager and forced to work for them for almost a dozen years before their hatred of everything the Empire was doing outweighed their fear and they managed to escape.

(2) Without knowing what the starship's purpose is...maybe stowing away?  It's free travel if they don't get caught, and they know the Atorian protocols.

(3) Not really sure.  If I don't randomly generate my own, maybe Linx or Pyralis.

(5) Useful if random generation spits out a character that's far weaker than the others.  Otherwise not very useful (unless we go for a super high-power game and everyone takes it, I guess).

(6) Atorian Empire - I've read the primer in Galaxy Guide.  Palladium - Read the books and applied to various games that either I haven't gotten into or which have died before beginning, so never actually played it.

(7) Heroes.  Which is probably less necessary to specify in Palladium and especially Heroes Unlimited when there are strong encouragements to play good-aligned characters, but still.  Beyond that, generally speaking I prefer to play characters that have some flexibility in what they can do, though that's harder to do in a Palladium game than it is in other systems.

(8) Hmm...I think this is probably easier to answer in terms of what villains I don't want to encounter, which would be abhorrently evil sorts that still manage to get away (I know it's a staple of the genre, but if villains are going to escape - especially if by GM fiat - I'd rather they were more on the comedic side.

(9) Not much really?  I guess maybe answering a few questions about what other sources are allowed and what

Llyarden

Llyarden

(5) Useful if random generation spits out a character that's far weaker than the others.  Otherwise not very useful.

(9) Not much really?  I guess maybe answering a few questions about what other sources are allowed and what