Edit History

Svartalf

Svartalf

precisions

On 4/9/2023 at 2:10 AM, Death_Knight said:

The Character QuestionStep One: The Character Concept

(1) Still making up what race and powers I should choose, the basic idea is that I'd be whoever, but would have seriously disapproved of Atorian atrocities, joined a group officially tied to the Niames Coalition, or not, and started raiding atorian commerce for fun, good deeds and profit. (depending on character's specifics, he might have more personal reasons to hate the Atorians)

(2) my ship was captured, and either TRINITY did it, or prisoners were transferred to it.

Step Two: Out of Character Stuff

(3) I guess I'll choose a race from the Book, likely either a magically endowed one, or one with natural psionics.

(4) most likely some magical or psionic version (I might even create an albino elf like race if I decide to have a magical black sword 😉 )

(5) I could live with such powers, but would have to create the character with that in mind since mega powers don't really enhance wizards.

(6) the Atorian Empire>? I know they are a big and nasty space empire, the rest,  I'll have to learn in game.

but I am rather familiar with Palladium games, I own nearly 225 cm of shlf space just filled with those books

Step Three: Out of Game Quesitons

(7) I usually like to have fun powers, in fantasy games, I love wizards of all stripes, and I've loved psionics since that days of AD&D1

(8) depends on the character... I seldom play dyed in the wool good guys, so just villainous villains are not sure to attract my enmity, but if they have something that he loves to hate.... OTOH, I thouroughly hate DMs who tailor villains so they'll step all over the character's weaknesses (like the time when a character had to fight his own teacher, kill his zombified parents, and faced his corrupted beloved sister)

(9)  Got the books (HU 2e, and Aliens Unlimited) so I guess I can manage, I might still need help to adjust the character to campaign specifics.

OK, I've thought it over, and I have shrunk the possibilities... I could play either a humanoid (most likely arismal, darakan, posssibly aluta or shissan), that character would be rather roguish and anti heroic, kind of a guy with rogue skills and extreme MA...

For a more heroic, war oriented character, I would take a totally unhuman character, lilkely from a mineral, insectoid or other 'different' kind of species.

Svartalf

Svartalf

15 hours ago, Death_Knight said:

The Character QuestionStep One: The Character Concept

(1) Still making up what race and powers I should choose, the basic idea is that I'd be whoever, but would have seriously disapproved of Atorian atrocities, joined a group officially tied to the Niames Coalition, or not, and started raiding atorian commerce for fun, good deeds and profit. (depending on character's specifics, he might have more personal reasons to hate the Atorians)

(2) my ship was captured, and either TRINITY did it, or prisoners were transferred to it.

(3) I guess I'll choose a race from the Book, likely either a magically endowed one, or one with natural psionics.

(4) most likely some magical or psionic version (I might even create an albino elf like race if I decide to have a magical black sword 😉 )

(5) I could live with such powers, but would have to create the character with that in mind since mega powers don't really enhance wizards.

(6) the Atorian Empire>? I know they are a big and nasty space empire, the rest,  I'll have to learn in game.

but I am rather familiar with Palladium games, I own nearly 225 cm of shlf space just filled with those books

(7) I usually like to have fun powers, in fantasy games, I love wizards of all stripes, and I've loved psionics since that days of AD&D1

(8) depends on the character... I seldom play dyed in the wool good guys, so just villainous villains are not sure to attract my enmity, but if they have something that he loves to hate.... OTOH, I thouroughly hate DMs who tailor villains so they'll step all over the character's weaknesses (like the time when a character had to fight his own teacher, kill his zombified parents, and faced his corrupted beloved sister)

(9)  Got the books (HU 2e, and Aliens Unlimited) so I guess I can manage, I might still need help to adjust the character to campaign specifics.

Svartalf

Svartalf

15 hours ago, Death_Knight said:

The Character Questionare.

Step One: The Character Concept