Edit History

Lord Bayushi

Lord Bayushi

On 4/8/2023 at 7:10 PM, Death_Knight said:

The Character Questionare.

Step One: The Character Concept

(1) Think of a reason why you character would want to go after the most powerful empire to exist in the Milky Way Galaxy, the Atorian Empire?  Write a background for their reasons, any work. 

(2) How have they managed to find their way onto the Atorian Empire Starship "TRINITY"?

Step Two: Out of Character Stuff

(3) What alien race would you want to play?  (Aliens Unlimited)  Or you could always create your own?

(4) What "power catergory" would you be interested in playing?

(5) How do you feel about the Mega-Hero catergory?

(6) Familiarity with the Atorian Empire? (You as the player, not the character) Familiarity with the Palladium System?

Step Three: Out of Game Quesitons

(7) What types of characters do you like playing?

(8) What types of villians do you like facing off against?

(9) What sort of help would you need to create a HU character?

Respond to these questions in this thread.

(1) As a member of the Naimese Coalition, my character is the only survivor of a failed mission.  He considers himself an outcast (a Ronin), and can only redeem himself through a great victory or with an honorable death.

(2) As a trained infiltration expert, he has managed to sneak aboard in a hope to gain access to enemy secrets that could lead to his redemption.

(3) A Nattereri Warrior (AU pg 61). EDIT: I didn't know there was a Revised version of AU, though the entry for the Nattereri doesn't appear to have any differences from the old book I own (pg 63 of the Revised AU).

(4) Physical Training, hopefully with the optional abilities from Ninjas and Superspies listed in the AU description (and possibly the bionic implants as well, at least the gill modifications).

(5) It's like a gestalt option for 3e and Pathfinder, meant for games where power level is supposed to be through the roof for whatever reason.  I personally only like those kinds of characters for PvP tournament type games, or those rare games where you are playing established leaders/champions that are meant to act on a global scale.

(6) Just the information in the AU books for the Atorian Empire, and never an in-depth study as this would be my first HU in Space style game; very familiar and experienced with the Palladium system, from TMNT to Rifts and everything in between.

(7) Characters with hero's journeys and/or redemption arcs.  I like 'human' characters (even aliens), complete with flaws, doubts, and real world problems.  I prefer characters with supernatural or mystical abilities (so I would be playing against type, perhaps hoping to add a bit of mystical twist to my character through the Ninjas and Superspies abilities).

(8) I like facing 'human' villains (even aliens), with believable goals, motivations, and personality types.  I prefer smart villains with plans to unravel to those with raw might.

(9) The love and pity of the RNG gods.  Other than that I'm set once you say what rules/books are in use.

Lord Bayushi

Lord Bayushi

(1) Think of a reason why you character would want to go after the most powerful empire to exist in the Milky Way Galaxy, the Atorian Empire?  Write a background for their reasons, any work. 

(2) How have they managed to find their way onto the Atorian Empire Starship "TRINITY"?

(3) What alien race would you want to play?  (Aliens Unlimited)  Or you could always create your own?

(6) Familiarity with the Atorian Empire? (You as the player, not the character) Familiarity with the Palladium System?

(1) As a member of the Naimese Coalition, my character is the only survivor of a failed mission.  He considers himself an outcast (a Ronin), and can only redeem himself through a great victory or with an honorable death.

(2) As a trained infiltration expert, he has managed to sneak aboard in a hope to gain access to enemy secrets that could lead to his redemption.

(3) A Nattereri Warrior (AU pg 61).

(4) Physical Training, hopefully with the optional abilities from Ninjas and Superspies listed in the AU description (and possibly the bionic implants as well, at least the gill modifications).

(5) It's like a gestalt option for 3e and Pathfinder, meant for games where power level is supposed to be through the roof for whatever reason.  I personally only like those kinds of characters for PvP tournament type games, or those rare games where you are playing established leaders/champions that are meant to act on a global scale.

(6) Just the information in the AU books for the Atorian Empire, and never an in-depth study as this would be my first HU in Space style game; very familiar and experienced with the Palladium system, from TMNT to Rifts and everything in between.

(7) Characters with hero's journeys and/or redemption arcs.  I like 'human' characters (even aliens), complete with flaws, doubts, and real world problems.  I prefer characters with supernatural or mystical abilities (so I would be playing against type, perhaps hoping to add a bit of mystical twist to my character through the Ninjas and Superspies abilities).

(8) I like facing 'human' villains (even aliens), with believable goals, motivations, and personality types.  I prefer smart villains with plans to unravel to those with raw might.

(9) The love and pity of the RNG gods.  Other than that I'm set once you say what rules/books are in use.

Lord Bayushi

Lord Bayushi

(7) Characters with hero's journeys and/or redemption arches.  I like 'human' characters (even aliens), complete with flaws, doubts, and real world problems.  I prefer characters with supernatural or mystical abilities (so I would be playing against type, perhaps hoping to add a bit of mystical twist to my character through the Ninjas and Superspies abilities).

Lord Bayushi

Lord Bayushi

(5) It's like a gestalt option for 3e and Pathfinder, meant for games where power level is supposed to be through the roof for whatever reason.  I personally only like those kinds of characters except for PvP tournament type games, or those rare games where you are playing established leaders/champions that are meant to act on a global scale.

(7) Characters with hero's journeys and/or redemption arches.  I like 'human' characters (even aliens), complete with flaws, doubts, and real world problems.  I prefer characters with supernatural or mystical abilities (so I would be playing against type, perhaps hoping to add a bit of mystical twist to my character through the Ninjas and Superspies abilities).